TRX upgrade from a Laramie?

Well, none of those things are an inherent defect of the TRX so I would keep an open mind. Plenty of these get un-tastefully modified and beat to shit, probably by trust fund babies. Sounds like you found one of them. Probably had a muffler delete. Or maybe aftermarket stereo equipment that disabled ANC. Stock exhaust is rowdy for what it is but you can float down the highway with no drone or noise if everything is factory.

Also, here’s a guy with 50k on his, interior still looks new. Not gonna wear any worse than a Laramie.

Don’t do it. Honestly I’d wait for the 24s to open and you can get a level 2 brand new with options for less than 96k from one of the forum dealers who does the discounts. Just my opinion. Granger/mark dodge. Ect

Some people treat what they have like absolute trash, sounds like you found a truck that was owned by one of these people. I’d say it’s best to get it out of your mind and reset by driving a new TRX.

My previous vehicles always look as good as new after many years of use/mileage, mainly because I take care of what I own/use on a daily basis.

Some people treat what they have like absolute trash, sounds like you found a truck that was owned by one of these people.
I wouldn't worry as much about the interior as the mechanical bits.

If someone doesn't care, was the engine and drivetrain broken in correctly? Fluids topped off and/or changed?
Many (most?) only care about the visible things as it is, so when someone doesn't even do that...

I ordered my '21 Laramie exactly as I wanted it and I absolutely love the truck, but I have always had TRX envy. Every now and then, I do a search of local used TRX inventory and yesterday I found one that's not too far away and it seems to be priced right. It's a 2022 Billet Silver, Advanced Safety Group, Level 2, Red Interior accents, Pano Sunroof, TRX Hood/Exterior Graphics, Mopar Off-Road Running Boards, and the Beadlock Wheels. The only thing it's missing is the BUG. It only has 1,400 miles and it's selling for $94k. MSRP was $98,785. Based on my limited TRX knowledge, this truck seems to be priced right.

If I buy it, I will get the bed Rhino Lined and then swap my Mopar Power Running Boards and BUG tie downs/bed step from my Laramie to the TRX.

What do you guys think?

View attachment 99444
That's a good deal. I have the 2023 version of that truck on it's way with all options save for Ram Bar, spare Carrier, and tow mirrors. MSRP $109. Mark Dodge has a terrific $12k off that amount so I'm in for ~$97k.

So I'm paying 3k more for a one year newer model with 1,400 less miles and a different dash display and CF... (also no color matched handles or tailgate.)

Also a 6 month wait for it... MSRP might also bump again before you get your '24 order in, so a few grand of risk there.

You can't go wrong either way. Maybe buy it and then trade it in a '24 order that you can hopefully make in a month or two. Then 6-8 months later you just swap out for a small delta. This way you ensure you have a TRX in the event things go sideways. There could be a weird "last call" rodeo like we saw with Challengers and Chargers.

She sure is a beauty! Makes me even more excited about mine showing up. Good luck!

That's a good deal. I have the 2023 version of that truck on it's way with all options save for Ram Bar, spare Carrier, and tow mirrors. MSRP $109. Mark Dodge has a terrific $12k off that amount so I'm in for ~$97k.

So I'm paying 3k more for a one year newer model with 1,400 less miles and a different dash display and CF... (also no color matched handles or tailgate.)

Also a 6 month wait for it... MSRP might also bump again before you get your '24 order in, so a few grand of risk there.

You can't go wrong either way. Maybe buy it and then trade it in a '24 order that you can hopefully make in a month or two. Then 6-8 months later you just swap out for a small delta. This way you ensure you have a TRX in the event things go sideways. There could be a weird "last call" rodeo like we saw with Challengers and Chargers.

She sure is a beauty! Makes me even more excited about mine showing up. Good luck!

That truck sold a couple days ago and even though it was priced good, it was still too close to the price of a new one.

I believe MD/Granger lock in the price, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

The good news is, I just drove a clean 2022 with 9,500 miles on it. Holy crap, what a difference! It had a lot more power and torque than the one I drove yesterday. It actually startled me when I hammered the gas down the first time. They want $83,000 for it, but it is a Level 1 truck. The big negative for me was, it's a Canadian truck and it's been in a front end collision. For those two reasons, I passed on it, but I am now 100% back in the TRX game.

Last edited:
That truck sold a couple days ago and even though it was priced good, it was still too close to the price of a new one.

I believe MD/Granger lock in the price, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

The good news is, I just drove a clean 2022 with 9,500 miles on it. Holy crap, what a difference! It had a lot more power and torque than the one I drove yesterday. It actually startled me when I hammered the gas down the first time. They want $83,000 for it, but it is a Level 1 truck. The big negative for me was, it's a Canadian truck and it's been in a front end collision. For those two reasons, I passed on it, but I am now 100% back in the TRX game.
Good deal. Glad you found one that wasn't bagged like the first one you drove.

You are correct that MD will do a price lock once you order. That protects you from increases from that point in time. The trick will be to see where the MSRP comes in for the 2024's when they are available to order. Base may be the same as the current $84,355, but you never know...

You did right by passing on the level 1. My buddy sold his level one recently as he missed the luxury add ons in truck at this price point.
Good luck! Give @AnthonyRI at Mark Dodge a call to get on his list. Shipping from Lake Charles may be a hurdle to the PNW, but everything else is great!

Good deal. Glad you found one that wasn't bagged like the first one you drove.

You are correct that MD will do a price lock once you order. That protects you from increases from that point in time. The trick will be to see where the MSRP comes in for the 2024's when they are available to order. Base may be the same as the current $84,355, but you never know...

You did right by passing on the level 1. My buddy sold his level one recently as he missed the luxury add ons in truck at this price point.
Good luck! Give @AnthonyRI at Mark Dodge a call to get on his list. Shipping from Lake Charles may be a hurdle to the PNW, but everything else is great!

My local dealer has promised me invoice plus $500. I'm not sure if his invoice price is similar to MD/Granger, so just in case it's substantially higher, I reserved a slot with Granger. Driving from Iowa to North Idaho is 21 hours...Lake Charles LA is 33 hours. :oops:

Yeah, my Laramie is Level 2 and I would really miss the add ons.

I upgraded from a 2019 Rebel loaded. Worth every penny especially when you start her up and when you step on the gas.

Having owned a Laramie in the past, the TRX beats it in every category.
Appearance, Trim, Sound, Features, Engine. If you like those things to be Man/Beastly, Detailed and Refined, Surounding and Thumping, Tech Package, and SUPA FASS.

Having owned a Laramie in the past, the TRX beats it in every category.
Appearance, Trim, Sound, Features, Engine. If you like those things to be Man/Beastly, Detailed and Refined, Surounding and Thumping, Tech Package, and SUPA FASS.

After the test drive today, I would have to agree.

Back