TRX Stolen in Dallas

My 2022 Blue Hydro was stolen in Dallas metro yesterday. It sat outside of the Texas A&M school of Dentistry (close to Downtown) for about 3 hours and was jacked from the surface lot. No broken glass.

No aftermarket theft deterrent was installed.

Make sure you install the kill switch on yours immediately! They are coming for it.
Sorry to hear. I’m in the area as well and hate reading about this sort of thing.

Is there a reason you didn’t have a theft deterrent installed?

Also, It takes five seconds to pop out the ignition switch and reconnect original wiring, (assuming like most people, a plug and play, no-splice kill switch is used). What good is that supposed to do?

Sorry to hear. I’m in the area as well and hate reading about this sort of thing.

Is there a reason you didn’t have a theft deterrent installed?

Also, It takes five seconds to pop out the ignition switch and reconnect original wiring, (assuming like most people, a plug and play, no-splice kill switch is used). What good is that supposed to do?
I have said it dozens of times and the FTI-SPTS add on for compustar is the same thing. Unplug it and plug factory back in.

can the owner of the tag still locate it, and the thief can’t? Sorry for the dumb question.
Thief can scan for it. Owner can find it with location services on their iOS product.

Thief can scan for it. Owner can find it with location services on their iOS product.
So what is the point of ripping the speaker out of the AirTag?

So what is the point of ripping the speaker out of the AirTag?
To make it harder to find. Anyone with an iPhone can tell if there is an AirTag in the vicinity, but without an audible notification it is hard to find exactly where the AirTag is located. They are small enough that they can be hidden practically anywhere in, or on, the vehicle.

can the owner of the tag still locate it, and the thief can’t? Sorry for the dumb question.
Yes because they know where they put it. Other than that then no, its no different. Can’t ping it if it can’t ping

damn that sucks. even with IGLA and Add Shock Sensors installed, im not bringing my TRX to Dallas for TX2K2024 this year.

Sorry to hear that, man. I live in Dallas, and I'm scared to drive mine. I hid an air tag, and went old school with The Club, but it sounds like I should do a kill switch too. If it makes you feel any better, I had a half million dollar 488 Pista stolen this week, so it could be worse.

Sorry to hear that, man. I live in Dallas, and I'm scared to drive mine. I hid an air tag, and went old school with The Club, but it sounds like I should do a kill switch too. If it makes you feel any better, I had a half million dollar 488 Pista stolen this week, so it could be worse.
Sorry to hear about your car. You need IGLA, these thieves can bypass a kill switch and cut through a club in no time. Earmark up in Plano can install IGLA for you, that's who did mine.

Pista money and you choose the worst options to try and stop a theft? I hope by “kill switch” you mean IGLA and compustar.. @nyinstaller here can come make it so its not going anywhere

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back