TRX Steering Wheel Covers

Glajeunesse17

TRX Member
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
Ram TRX
With my TRX having the suede sections on the steering wheel I know that part is going to wear out. Anyone have any good looking steering wheel covers? They need to be the "D" shape style. Please let me know.

The 'suede' is actually alcantara and should hold up pretty well if looked after. It isn't on the main 'grip' areas of the wheel, they are leather, but I have had full alcantara wheels in the past that have held up really well. They can get dirty (grease) easily but clean up pretty easily and nicely too.

I found this one that is an almost perfect match for the interiors with red accents

Attachments

• 16741672902941607483590358334073.jpg
    16741672902941607483590358334073.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 457
Mine looks brand new after 12K miles. every couple of months when I'm cleaning I will take a soft bristle brush and lightly clean. Most of the time its just water, if I see a spot a dab of soap

Does it fit?
It does!

I bought the same one (but all black) based on this post... Went to put in on 2-3 days ago, and was like "No effing way this fits without a crow-bar... So I packaged it up to return.... Double checked this thread before I labeled it, to confirm I got the right one..... and I did..
So I tried it again, Had to tug like hell, but it fits nice and snug!

When you start, at either the top or the button... It looks like it's a full 1 1/2 inches short... it doesn't seem particularly stretchable, but I was able to pull it on, without using something to pry it on... which I was never going to attempt.

Haven't driven with it yet, but it looks/feels nice.

Edit: Damn, Now that I see a huge pic of it, I have some centering to do :ROFLMAO:

TRX cover.jpg

Yeah it is definitely a tight fit. I was questioning myself if I was going to be able to get it installed without damaging the finish on the wheel that I was trying so hard to protect. It took some effort but I think it fits well.

I just bought a steering wheel cover for my tacoma, it was 60 bucks, 100 times better then the slip on covers. I would reach out to companies that make these covers, and see if they have one for the trx. That make it fit wrx, and the new collora gr.

Attachments

• 20230208_142109.jpg
    20230208_142109.jpg
    398.8 KB · Views: 163
I've installed others, not this one in particular, but heating them up helps a bit.

It does!

I bought the same one (but all black) based on this post... Went to put in on 2-3 days ago, and was like "No effing way this fits without a crow-bar... So I packaged it up to return.... Double checked this thread before I labeled it, to confirm I got the right one..... and I did..
So I tried it again, Had to tug like hell, but it fits nice and snug!

When you start, at either the top or the button... It looks like it's a full 1 1/2 inches short... it doesn't seem particularly stretchable, but I was able to pull it on, without using something to pry it on... which I was never going to attempt.

Haven't driven with it yet, but it looks/feels nice.

Edit: Damn, Now that I see a huge pic of it, I have some centering to do :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 87442
What's with the naked armless male blow-up doll in the background? :ROFLMAO:

I put one on my Charger and must admit to giving it a little Oven time first (on warm only and I kept close eye on it lol).

I found this one that is an almost perfect match for the interiors with red accents
Man I bought that one but sent it back because like others on this thread I said there is no way it will fit. But you all have proved that wrong. Good work.

Yeah, a little warm up with a heat gun or hairdryer helps.
1680115038771.jpeg

Yeah, a little warm up with a heat gun or hairdryer helps.
View attachment 93519
My OCD is kicking in...the bottom section isn't centered on the steering wheel (looks like it needs to spin clockwise by 1/4" or so). But at the top, it looks like it needs to spin counter-clockwise about 1/4" to be centered. Does it just need to be stretched/massaged some to center everything up?

My OCD is kicking in...the bottom section isn't centered on the steering wheel (looks like it needs to spin clockwise by 1/4" or so). But at the top, it looks like it needs to spin counter-clockwise about 1/4" to be centered. Does it just need to be stretched/massaged some to center everything up?
Maybe, but apparently my OCD isn't as bad as yours😀. It does a good enough job until I can decide on a replacement wheel. Plus, it was $30 and came from China, not a lot of QC checks there I'd imagine.

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back