TRX is how tall?

ViperBob

TRX Fan
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
White TRX with most options
Current Ride #2
'96 Viper GTS, '06 Viper SRT coupe, 1966 Pontiac GTO, 1971 Mercedes 280SL, 2019 BMWX5
Military
N/A
I know this was posted somewhere in these forums but can’t remember where. I don’t have my truck yet but am preparing a bay in my garage. Pretty sure my door is tall enough but need to know exactly how tall the truck is including the “fin” antana.

Don’t know actual height but it clears 7’ clearance garages
Thanks. That’s what I remember but wanted to be sure. Looks like I have about 2 inches to spare at the door.

I’ve been in a couple garages with 7’ clearance bars and it’s got a couple inches to play with. I

I'm also trying to prepare my garage in anticipation of my new TRX. Does anyone have the full outer dimensions necessary for a minimally effective garage bay (length, width, height)? Thanks in advance.

I know this was posted somewhere in these forums but can’t remember where. I don’t have my truck yet but am preparing a bay in my garage. Pretty sure my door is tall enough but need to know exactly how tall the truck is including the “fin” antana.
82.5" was the number I remember being talked about. It will clear a 7' high opening with 1.5" to spare. Also FYI - it will clear a 9' wide garage door with the stock (not the towing) mirrors extended, with 2" or so clearance on each side.

82.5" was the number I remember being talked about. It will clear a 7' high opening with 1.5" to spare. Also FYI - it will clear a 9' wide garage door with the stock (not the towing) mirrors extended, with 2" or so clearance on each side.
Thanks @Tom488. Good to know info.

Here you go Bob

Attachments

• 3F6001DA-3A46-43D2-AACE-F6F9D0906BC1.jpeg
    3F6001DA-3A46-43D2-AACE-F6F9D0906BC1.jpeg
    270.3 KB · Views: 1,019
From the interweb.

Attachments

• 62E84B42-C533-4062-923A-ED12BEC12913.jpeg
    62E84B42-C533-4062-923A-ED12BEC12913.jpeg
    60.4 KB · Views: 628
From the interweb.
Thanks, Rob. I also found these dimensions online. Since my garage has a "kick stop" where the front tires of a vehicle would rest up against the raised concrete, I was wondering if anyone knew how much length is required from the "kick stop" or "curb stop" for a garage door to be able to safely close behind the truck. In other words, how long is the distance from the front of the front tires to the edge of the rear of the truck? Thanks for everyone who contributed to the discussion.

Mine fits in a 7’ tall opening, but looking at it through the sunroof as I pull in, still worries the hell out of me, cause it looks so damn close.

Am I reading that right, 78-79 inch tall? Good news for me!
No. The angle of the photo is skewing the measurement. See this post:

where Classic777 states his truck cleared his 81.5" high opening by 1". So 80.5" without a Ram Bar (I was remembering 82.5" with a Ram Bar) - though the published specs state 80.9". Call it 81" to be safe.

Someone else also brought up a good point - if your clearance is that close, never leave any snow in front of the door/on the driveway, or you're likely to damage the antenna when pulling out.

I have a 9’ door and two car bay where it’s parked, so I don’t pay any attention to clearances in my garage. I know it’s fit in 7’ clearance parking garages as some have mentioned. I also don’t have the giant tow mirrors my previous 1500 had but I do have the surround camera on the TRX which makes parking it in my garage actually a breeze.

I do have the surround camera on the TRX which makes parking it in my garage actually a breeze.
I just really wish there was a way to make the top view of the surround camera full-screen. Why couldn't they put a zoom function on the surround view like they did with the backup view?

I just really wish there was a way to make the top view of the surround camera full-screen. Why couldn't they put a zoom function on the surround view like they did with the backup view?
That would be nice. I typically switch to the front cam to negotiate parking near my lawn mower in the garage. I didn’t necessarily think ordering the level 2 was worth the added coin until I played around with the camera and some of the other features.

Someone else also brought up a good point - if your clearance is that close, never leave any snow in front of the door/on the driveway, or you're likely to damage the antenna when pulling out.
Actually ...by the time your antenna would hit ...your front tires should be in the garage and on on flat pavement without ice. ??? Or no?

I'll trust a 7.2 clearance. looking out the sunroof when it's closed looks really close.

Back