TRX Goodyear Wrangler Territory Tires

Those are not speed rated because they are not legal to run on the street. Has always been that way and if you are ever in an accident and a good opposing Counsel finds this fact out you will be in for a very expensive experience or possibly prison depending on the circumstances. That is the long and the short of it.
Really good advice.

Bullshit. If these tires can run the BAJA 1000 the. I can kind an attorney that can defend the use of them.
You are so far in the weeds you cannot even see the sun above. Do the research then say I am sorry. I know it will be embarrassing but be a man. ;)

If you really want to get down into the detail a LEO can prevent you from driving your vehicle on a public road because the tires are not DOT certified or best case just give you a ticket. Just a fact...

Not going to cite the federal regulations just post this link.

I ride nonDOT tires on my motorcycle all year long. No issues. Sure they can ticket me. But they haven’t. And they never check. Chill out. All I did was disagree with you.

I ride nonDOT tires on my motorcycle all year long. No issues. Sure they can ticket me. But they haven’t. And they never check. Chill out. All I did was disagree with you.
LOL Bike tires are a different animal. Bless your heart. Get into a wreck in a cage with not DOT tires and someone gets killed guess who may be going to see Bubba at the Grey Bar Hotel. :)

Even this bike I ran DOT drag radials on think these in this pic are Advan's
Hoss (2).jpg

Ha ha you are a funny man. I assume you can give us a detailed account of your experiences with Bubba.
That bike Is a joke. I’ve ridden one.

Last edited:
The huyabusa does only one thing. Goes straight Very fast.
I raced track bikes in my college days. I would make that Busa shit on anything but a drag strip.
If you want a bike, check out the Aprilla RS660. Cheap and fast. It will crush corners.
But look at my avatar. I don’t street ride any more unless I’m connecting trails or commuting to work.

and I’d run Baja tires on this truck if they weren’t so damn expensive And didn’t suck in snow.

The huyabusa does only one thing. Goes straight Very fast.
I raced track bikes in my college days. I would make that Busa shit on anything but a drag strip.
If you want a bike, check out the Aprilla RS660. Cheap and fast. It will crush corners.
But look at my avatar. I don’t street ride any more unless I’m connecting trails or commuting to work.

and I’d run Baja tires on this truck if they weren’t so damn expensive And didn’t suck in snow.
I have had more than one Duc and funny you should mention Aprilia... Looking at getting another scooter and it is down to the Aprilia Tuono V4R is as far as I am concerned the choice over the Duc Streetfighters. Not that much into serious knee dragging any longer. Not even into the monsters like the 540 Shafiroff that was built for the bike. May just have to get the Aprilia and give it a run as it has better egros BUT it is not a twin!

Think GY will ever make these territory tires in 20” diameter? Is this even possible? If they would/could, i would replace my wheels in a heartbeat, with 20’s. I know i know….but I have ocd and i hate to replace a T rated tired with that of a lesser speed rating. So, i am keeping the 18 black wheels w the GY tires for the short term.

100% honesty.....I didnt expect great traction on hard pack snow - icy spots. But going over Berthoud Pass into Winter Park 2 weeks ago required ever ounce of snow driving skill I have developed over the past 40 years. It was not fun, but I made it. BTW antilock works with these tires (sort of)......:cautious: Switching to something with smaller lugs and more factory sipes.

Nitto Ridge Grapplers here too
I agree I like those tires but my truck came with five Goodyear tires full-size so I’m gonna have to use up the four tires on the ground by three good years because I’m cheap and I haven’t found anybody to buy the tires so that’s where I’m at that but as soon as I can, I’m going to the Netto’s

I'm really happy with the OEM Goodyear tires. Getting my third set put on next week. They love winter, and after a lot of rocky abuse the sidewalls hold up great.

I have a set of 5 factory tires sitting in my garage 😝. In nor cal

I'm really happy with the OEM Goodyear tires. Getting my third set put on next week. They love winter, and after a lot of rocky abuse the sidewalls hold up great.
I didn't mind the OE tires, either, but wasn't about to search out wider wheels with the correct specs (and that looked decent) to better match those wide tires.

I just converted the oem tires and oem wheels from beauty rings to beadlocks.
(I also have oem tires on method 706 18x9 +19 wheels)

We had a surprise rain right after, so I got to experience the tires in rain and dry. I didn’t feel any difference in the rain with the wider wheel (beadlock make the wheel almost an inch wider) but I also was driving delicately due to rains bringing the oils and slippery out.

But in the dry, the wider wheel has definitely changed how the tire feels. More planted. I went from 38 psi cold to 34 psi. And don’t have any more “wobbly” feel from the lower pressure.

I’m starting to wonder if ram picked this 325 wide tire based upon the wider beadlock wheel. Not the beauty ring version or the non beadlock 18x9 wheel.

I’m waiting to not be lazy to measure how much wider it has made the tire. So far all I can say for sure is that with the beauty ring, I could hold 4 wheels/tires standing in the bed between the two wheel humps in the bed.
Now, 3 and a half fit. The 4th has to be on the hump.

The beadlock wheel with oem tire is 14” sidewall to sidewall now at 35 psi and not mounted. Others to be measured soon.

Clearly the photo didn’t load

Attachments

• IMG_4157.jpeg
    IMG_4157.jpeg
    490.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_4158.jpeg
    IMG_4158.jpeg
    449.1 KB · Views: 12
@916Ghost
My bday is the 15th next Month. Thinking of doing a camping trip with my two kids. The 10-12th…
Inwas going to take them to bodie and camp outside of the park a mile or two. But it’s a 6 hr drive there.

I should see if any of the local trx’ers with families want to do a family camping trip that weekend…

Back