Thieves are targeting TRX, SRT and similar

My Co-worker just picked up a RAM 2500 Laramie Longhorn edition from south of us in Little Mexico AKA San Antonio and mentioned the Dealership had preinstalled a solution on the entire inventory as SA is one of the highest theft area's in Texas - He has 30 Days or 60 days free but here's the companies info- I'm traveling to Dan Cummins fer my TRX so' I'll probably go with my local shops suggestion here in Austin at Trident Trucks

Interesting concept regarding the police cruisers...not sure if any of the suppliers will do this for civilian vehicles but I don't hate the idea. I think Ravelco would be better. Harder to remove due to the black cables...but this seems to be a very good option as well.

Safestop Vehicle Anti-theft System

Seems ford has their answer. Let’s go dodge. Get your head out ya ass.

Seems ford has their answer. Let’s go dodge. Get your head out ya ass.

Not a bad idea/system at all. However, there are several holes in it, including preventing the types of thefts we are concerned with.

1) Nothing in the video shows how it prevents a thief from actually stealing the car (or something inside the car). It just shows he will be on video doing it.
2) Alerts go to your phone? So you better hope you are looking at your phone all the time since it only takes the thief seconds or minutes. I can't have my phone at work with me (prohibited), so that is of no use.
3) Assuming the alert also goes to some Ford call center (which it kinds of shows in the clip), I'm not sure how police might respond to a "car theft in progress" call. It won't be a priority call almost certainly, as nobody is at risk of harm. Burglary calls aren't high on their list of priorities, even high-dollar ones.

I think a programmable series of button pushes (owner defined) to engage the transmission, such as what @combatsp says they install on police vehicles, would be a much more elegant and effective system. At least for preventing theft of the vehicle itself.

Back