Theft proofing the TRX...Is there a reason we can't change the settings in the valet mode to use as an inti theft device?

RobsTRX

TRX Junkie
Gallery
Reaction score
The peoples republic of New york... Long Island
Current Ride
2022 Ram TRX
Current Ride #2
2016 supercharged Silverado
Everyone here feels it. I dropped my truck in an airport parking lot and until you see it in the lot upon arrival there's that thing in the back of your mind that is wondering if it's going to be there when you return. Then I thought about this.
We have a really knowledgeable group of people on this forum. Does anyone have any idea as to how we can change the parameters of the valet system to be able to make the truck so it has almost no throttle in valet mode. Yes I believe if you disconnect the battery and reset the truck it goes out of valet however it buys time. I think it could leave a thief floundering.
If there's a way, I think it's a good layer of protection.

My guess is, that by the time you pay for the coding to have valet mode do everything you want, Can buy an anti theft that does 0% throttle or whatever other things you want it to do.

From a theft deterrent perspective...a super loud glass break / tilt alarm would be at the top of my list. Something that secondarily activates a CANBUS lockdown, immobilizer, throttle cut out, fuel pump disable, etc. Hopefully the initial alarm would cause most thieves to move on after breaking the glass and not tear the dash apart. Thieves do not like attention.

Since we know airports are the "TRX / HC buffet" for thieves....there is always the Uber option to and from the airport.

Is there a fuse that can be pulled that would disable the vehicle? I know it’s not practical but wouldn’t require any modification like IGLA or revelco.

Is there a fuse that can be pulled that would disable the vehicle? I know it’s not practical but wouldn’t require any modification like IGLA or revelco.
You can pull the starter or fuel pump fuse under the hood. Or go with a Mobilistics fob controlled relay, in place of one of those fuses. Recently a guy with a Mobilistics relay ended up with just a broken window and some dash damage, they could not start the truck and were not able to steal it.

Shameless plug for my thread...

Sure you can go under the hood and yank fuel pump relays however it would be much easier just to hit the valet.
The question is if anyone knows if it can be dialed into with the same stuff were using to reprogram the ACC or the taser.

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back