The TRX, and its issues.

Variable

TRX Fiend
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
Bentley GT Supersport, GT2RS, Demon, Gen 5 Vipers
There has been a lot of issues around the QC and mechanical issues regarding the truck. There have always been issues with new releases, we just have the internet today to spread those issues faster and communicate more intensely about them. I can tell you the truck is amazing, and if you are on the fence, at least let the truck arrive and then decide whether you want to close on the transaction. If it has the nasty tick that Otter's has, walk. If it has rectifiable issues like mine did, take it on contingency of resolution or don't. But don't just cancel today. Its an awesome rig, she's big, she is a bit sloppy on the freeway (because of the lack of a rear sway bar) but she is awesome and she is probably the last of her kind.

Has Rams communication been piss poor, yes, has their follow-up been piss poor, yes generally. Are their excuses acceptable? No. But just take the opportunity to look at your ordered vehicle in person and make a decision.

Last edited:
I'm loving mine. It's a supercharged V8 badass truck.

Radar detector and leaving back sliding window cracked required.
Radar detector I totally understand, leaving the back window cracked?

Radar detector I totally understand, leaving the back window cracked?
Try it. Lol. Best example of the sound, until it gets a more aggressive exhaust.

Ohh, ok got it, I open all the windows. I am yanking those mufflers. The cabin is wayyyyyy too sound deadened.
Agreed. Are you waiting for a catback or just deleting mufflers?

If they had offered a side exhaust I would have paid too much for that option.

There has been a lot of issues around the QC and mechanical issues regarding the truck. There have always been issues with new releases, we just have the internet today to spread those issues faster and communicate more intensely about them. I can tell you the truck is amazing, and if you are on the fence, at least let the truck arrive and then decide whether you want to close on the transaction. If it has the nasty tick that Otter's has, walk. If it has rectifiable issues like mine did, take it on contingency of resolution or don't. But don't just cancel today. Its an awesome rig, she's big, she is a bit sloppy on the freeway (because of the lack of a rear sway bar) but she is awesome and she is probably the last of her kind.

Has Rams communication been piss poor, yes, has their follow-up been piss poor, yes generally. Are their excuses acceptable? No. But just take the opportunity to look at your ordered vehicle in person and make a decision.
This is exactly my plan. I've created a checklist with photos of all of the issues and plan on making the dealer literally check every box to confirm inspection.

At the end of the day, just get your truck looked at before you take delivery and you should be fine. I've had several people say their dealers let them look under the truck as well.

I'm the TRX Grimm Reaper and I'm still getting mine, it was released yesterday and my dealer making sure all his are checked.
1614226698754.png

Same. I may try and get that engineered, I loved that Viper aspect to the original prototype.

Maybe scan and send to this group for people to use, and maybe Ram QC could use it too.
I will. I doubt a tech is going to sit there and watch a video, so I just cut and pasted pics and circled problem areas and they can just flip through pages confirming that every reported issue has been checked. And I'm going to ask for the pages back with a checkmark next to each item.

I will. I doubt a tech is going to sit there and watch a video, so I just cut and pasted pics and circled problem areas and they can just flip through pages confirming that every reported issue has been checked. And I'm going to ask for the pages back with a checkmark next to each item.

It’s kinda like dating a Pawg. Yeah she’s big. Yeah maybe she has some bacne and other qa issues but man is she fun and the power!

I may just take a sawzall to the exhaust

When I went from my 2010 2500 cummins (leaf spring). To my 2017 power wagon (5 link), I thought the same thing about the sloppy feel. Especially in the turns on the freeway. It’s almost like body roll, you get used to it. And after a while you realize your way more planted

Yes. Please post list. I couldn’t download it
thanks!
Hey man, you can save the PDF through email. Just email the PDF to yourself, open the email, and save it to your device 👍🏽

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back