T-Clamp on S&B air filter

DrVoddka

TRX Fanatic
Gallery
Reaction score
anyone have any knowledge on the size t-clamp I need for this replacement?

Attachments

• IMG_4169.jpeg
    IMG_4169.jpeg
    419.2 KB · Views: 55
I actually don’t know the size for that one, but I would highly recommend against using a T-bolt as —if you read my most recent post— that part of the tube collapsed on me after dealer overtightened the S&B worm clamp!

Oh crap alright, the worm clamp came loose off mine and I talked to S&B and they just sent a replacement…so I’m assuming it’s just something we have to keep watch of

Oh crap alright, the worm clamp came loose off mine and I talked to S&B and they just sent a replacement…so I’m assuming it’s just something we have to keep watch of
Yep! Just put a red paint pen mark on the closest thread to the tightening mechanism and you can watch it slowly creep, farther and farther away as the weeks and months go by, and then you can just tighten it back up to the red mark and repeat the process for another couple months.

Side note......the clamp on the blower intake is also loosening as you drive.
I have to tighten them very 2K miles or so.

Correct. Every worm clamp slowly loosens. We have red paint pen marks on both worm clamps on the silicone tube connecting the TB to the intake. Every time we drain our catch can (usually every 2-3 weeks), we give it a quick check with our inspection mirror and maybe a turn or 2 depending.

assuming t-bolt clamps won’t loosen?
I think the consensus is the T bolt clamps are too much for the plastic tubes and can crush / deform them and cause leaks. T bolts are best used for tightening a rubber tube to an aluminum tube.

Back