Stock Long block, FBO Build Fastest 1/8th and 1/4 So far?

Showed up today. Install has begun. I would recommend ordering some oem car hellcat exhaust manifold gaskets prior to your install. The supplied ones are just the graphite material and not that great imo.

Cool builds yours & 10mpg. My headers are manufactured, trying to decide whether to ceramic coat them, what do people think?

ARH recommended Swain Tech (white lightning coating) & Jet_Hot. Spoke to Jet_Hot yesterday they have a 1300 F coating w/ a “classic polish” finish that I like, looks really similar in finish to my AWE cat-back exhaust... There is a thicker, textured 2500F coating too that doesn’t come in that ”classic polish” finish.

Anyone have experience with header temps, was thinking the 1300F would be fine by a wide margin?

@ace32x or @10mpg - Do you have a net source & part # for the OEM gaskets, thanks for the recommendation.

Cool builds yours & 10mpg. My headers are manufactured, trying to decide whether to ceramic coat them, what do people think?

ARH recommended Swain Tech (white lightning coating) & Jet_Hot. Spoke to Jet_Hot yesterday they have a 1300 F coating w/ a “classic polish” finish that I like, looks really similar in finish to my AWE cat-back exhaust... There is a thicker, textured 2500F coating too that doesn’t come in that ”classic polish” finish.

Anyone have experience with header temps, was thinking the 1300F would be fine by a wide margin?

@ace32x or @10mpg - Do you have a net source & part # for the OEM gaskets, thanks for the recommendation.

I didn’t bother coating mine. The bay is pretty open and isn’t cramped so I wasn’t too worried about heat dissapating.
I just googled a part number for a standard challenger hellcat exhaust manifold gasket. The trx gasket has a heat shield built into that I’m not sure will clear the headers.

ace, just did dyno - 759whp / 693tq - i'll post dyno sheets on my own thread later but wanted to get your thoughts, seems like theres some headroom left we were only pulling 14psi from of the 2.85 metco, might need a pulley swap - i was assuming 15-16psi per what metco said - but with everything else (cams, headers, ported blower) super efficient and lots of air able to move

ace, just did dyno - 759whp / 693tq - i'll post dyno sheets on my own thread later but wanted to get your thoughts, seems like theres some headroom left we were only pulling 14psi from of the 2.85 metco, might need a pulley swap - i was assuming 15-16psi per what metco said - but with everything else (cams, headers, ported blower) super efficient and lots of air able to move
Who tuned it? Running E85?

Headers will drop the boost 1-1.5. When I get back to my laptop I can check my logs and see where I was at boost wise on my 2.85.
Race season is pretty much over up here in WA so I actually just put my 2.85 back on and swapped back to pump gas.

You guys need this license plate frame…. lol
86EC7D58-339C-406E-ACE2-B78D89512015.jpeg

Headers will drop the boost 1-1.5. When I get back to my laptop I can check my logs and see where I was at boost wise on my 2.85.
Race season is pretty much over up here in WA so I actually just put my 2.85 back on and swapped back to pump gas.
If I wanted to get that 1-2lb of boost back what would be the recommendation to do so (staying on 93)? The guys at the shop were saying ATI overdrive pulley.

Looks like the new plan is to just swap the Metco 2.85 to the 2.65 or 2.5 and try both of those to see what we can get out of it. Considering 93 oct is the limitation, what are your thoughts considering we're only pushing 14psi on the 2.85 with all the other supporting mods.

Looks like the new plan is to just swap the Metco 2.85 to the 2.65 or 2.5 and try both of those to see what we can get out of it. Considering 93 oct is the limitation, what are your thoughts considering we're only pushing 14psi on the 2.85 with all the other supporting mods.
late to reply as it looks like you sorted it out already. i tried the 2.65 with a fairly conservative timing map and we saw a little bit of knock (knock sensors were still set to stock levels) so i just went back to the 2.85 and we got more aggressive with the timing

late to reply as it looks like you sorted it out already. i tried the 2.65 with a fairly conservative timing map and we saw a little bit of knock (knock sensors were still set to stock levels) so i just went back to the 2.85 and we got more aggressive with the timing
Haven’t done it yet but I’ll still try with good 93 and see what happens. Im trying to decide if I want to wait on the aFe intake or just have a 5” intake fabricatied

If I wanted to get that 1-2lb of boost back what would be the recommendation to do so (staying on 93)? The guys at the shop were saying ATI overdrive pulley.
Boost dropping isnt a bad thing, all boost is a measure of restriction. If your lb/min of air is increasing your making more power, with less risk theoretically.

pulled the trigger on getting a new long block rolling, LME down in Houston who does all my GM stuff also does hellcat motors now. Doing a 10:1 426 with billet main caps and a pretty aggressive cam profile. Waiting to pair up the new long block with the gen 5 3.8 whipple they are going to drop this year and get back after it in the 1/4. going to pick up a light pair of 18's and some DR's to toss on there before i wrap up the swap. see if we can get this thing deep 9s around 145 ish range
That’s going to be a beast

should fly, see if we can get 1300-1400 out of it

Driveline mods planned?

I know its stout, but seems like a 2wd conversion would be ideal once getting to those pwr levels.

Back