Stock Exhaust to Bumper Alignment Issues

They wanted to send it to a body shop in another town. I decided to bring it home for now. I’ll decide what to do about it later.
I have the same issue after I adjusted height. One thing I plan on trying is loosening the clamp on the passenger side exhaust that is right above the axle and pulling the axleback portion out a little. That is the only place on the entire exhaust that has in and out adjustment.

I have the same issue after I adjusted height. One thing I plan on trying is loosening the clamp on the passenger side exhaust that is right above the axle and pulling the axleback portion out a little. That is the only place on the entire exhaust that has in and out adjustment.

The service shop I went to said they tried that, but was worried there wasn’t enough pipe overlap and that the joint would separate. Let me know how it turns out for you.

I’ll try removing the frame and see if that….nope can’t do it. Can’t bring myself to do it. LOL

The exhaust tips are held on with a clamp. I loosened them to adjust the sag, but i can not get them to move front-to-back at all. Guess I’m going to have to swallow my pride, and cross my fingers, and let the service department take a swing at it. (Like the pun? I’m kind of punny)
Very punny, but if the service tech is a KC fan I’m afraid it will be a swing and miss.

The service shop I went to said they tried that, but was worried there wasn’t enough pipe overlap and that the joint would separate. Let me know how it turns out for you.
Will do. I'm going to see how far I can pull it out without it leaking. Maybe 3/4 of an inch. It's a pretty long slip joint so I'll atleast get 1/2 Which will make it far less noticable.

Not perfect but wayyyyy better. No leaks!

Attachments

• PXL_20210805_230145033.jpg
    PXL_20210805_230145033.jpg
    422.3 KB · Views: 102
  • PXL_20210805_230126321.jpg
    PXL_20210805_230126321.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 100
Not perfect but wayyyyy better. No leaks!
I adjusted mine tonight. Time will tell how well it stays in place. Like yours it’s not perfect, but MUCH better.

I adjusted mine tonight. Time will tell how well it stays in place. Like yours it’s not perfect, but MUCH better.
It will hold up. I adjusted mine again. I pulled the pipe all of the way out and measured the length from the end of the clamp to the end of the tailpipe. So I knew exactly how far it could be pulled out and still have the exhaust clamp fully engage if that makes sense. Also for some reason I decided to swap exhaust tips. Due to the barely different fitment, I was able to get just a bit more length by switching. I think my passenger side is maybe 1/4" in further, max.

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back