Status of 2024 TRX

I heard this week while tracking down a Demon 170 from a dealer, that there is some kind 392 4xe Wrangler coming? I have no idea if the lady knew what she was talking about but she said it was in their dealer messaging system but I haven't heard of it.

I knew Jeep was working on a performance 4xe system to put in the next gen trackhawk but I heard they couldn't get the performance numbers they wanted and had packaging issues.

Maybe a new TRX drivetrain?
That's a nice speculation. If they do come out with a 6.2 engine for that Jeep, then that would give us hope for the HC TRX in 24.

looks like Im going to have to gamble on if the 2024 trx comes with a HC...Used trx in Canada are way too expensive and all thats coming in are havocs with crazy mark up. Ill have to try and find a dealer who can get an allocation who isnt willing to screw over customers lol

That's a nice speculation. If they do come out with a 6.2 engine for that Jeep, then that would give us hope for the HC TRX in 24.
the 392 is the 6.4. The dealer threw me a curveball with this v8 4xe combo and I'm looking into it now.

The only reason a 392 4xe would even be worth the attempt is because they know they would be toast without a V8 in the lineup. But I would suspect this won't happen because of the weight of both the engine and batteries.

A 392 with electric assist in the TRX would likely be just as quick or quicker than our current TRXs, and it would have the V8 sound. If the hellcat TRX has to die, a 392 4XE is probably the best solution we can hope for.

A 392 with electric assist in the TRX would likely be just as quick or quicker than our current TRXs, and it would have the V8 sound. If the hellcat TRX has to die, a 392 4XE is probably the best solution we can hope for.
Not much difference in gas mileage though, my Power Wagon with the 6.4 and 35s got almost identical MPGs to my TRX and my Jeep 392 isn't a whole lot better.

Don't know about Hagerty, BUT, there is the "Hellcat" Logo sitting on top of my Supercharger in my 2022.......So to me, it's a freaking Hellcat! To quote Butter Da Great, "Just Saying"....lol
Meanwhile, Fiat used Ferrari engines in the Dino for a while.

Not surprisingly, those cars didn't become Ferraris, but remained Fiats. Similarly, a Ram with a Cummins engine is still a Ram. Dodge, and only Dodge, have Hellcat models.

Not much difference in gas mileage though, my Power Wagon with the 6.4 and 35s got almost identical MPGs to my TRX and my Jeep 392 isn't a whole lot better.
In theory, if it is a 392 with a 4xe electric system, then we could have 25-30 miles all electric range. I know some guys with the 4xe wrangler, fill up once a month for gas, and the Wrangler is the daily

Not surprisingly, those cars didn't become Ferraris, but remained Fiats. Similarly, a Ram with a Cummins engine is still a Ram. Dodge, and only Dodge, have Hellcat models.

So, here we are splitting hairs....The original statement was that the engine is not a Hellcat...We were not talking about the Vehicle Name, but the name of the engine.

Engine.jpg

So, here we are splitting hairs....lol
The original statement in question stated that the engine is not a "Hellcat" engine, but a supercharged 6.2 engine. I never said it was a "Hellcat" named truck, but only that it has a "Hellcat" engine in it. Yes the Hellcat is a 6.2 Supercharged engine also, BUT, I must again state that on top of this motor, (PIC from Ram Website), is the Hellcat Logo and SRT Logo. The motor is in fact named and designated by FCA as the "Hellcat" engine, regardless of what it is used in....Just like the named "Hurricane" engine that is going to be used in several vehicles, none of which are currently named a "Hurricane" vehicle. I,,,, repeat I, never said it is a Hellcat truck, only that the engine is in fact a "Hellcat" named engine; and yes, it is specifically a 6.2 Supercharged engine. The TRX has been adopted by many unofficially, the name "Hellcat TRX", because of this...Just like RAM adopted Tyrannosaurus Rex for the TRX name moniker, even though the original TRX Truck had nothing to do with a dinosaur. Somebody was sitting around drinking a cup of coffee at RAM, like me today, and thought to themselves, wouldn't it be cool to relate the model TRX to a tyrannosaurus rex so it could kill a Raptor? Look how that took off...

Similarly, it's like how Carroll Shelby named the original GT350 because he had to come up with a name for it and was standing by a building and stated that it was about 350 feet from where he was standing....and then followed up with the GT500, which was only named that by him because it had to be a higher number than 350..... lol "Just Saying"

Oh, and Hagerty gets it wrong allot of the time...Their website shows my GT500 at 650 HP, when in fact it is 662....

Mopar always comes up with last minute surprises. For example 392 enthusiasts are livid because everyone thought 23 392 is the last year of production with 20th anniversary being last model ever released ... they got 392 20th anniversary edition for a whooping 120k after AWE upgrades with many releasing bank account information to AWE for the 20k+ upgrades .... that said, Mopar just announced 2024 392 with better options than 20th anniversary ( better tow rating, beefed up Dana HD axles, better seats, XR is standard and so on). The catch ? Blind ordering..MSRP was not released yet the ordering banks are open

There's more to the TRX before they are done with it imo

what is a 392 20th anniversary edition? Wrangler?

Mopar always comes up with last minute surprises. For example 392 enthusiasts are livid because everyone thought 23 392 is the last year of production with 20th anniversary being last model ever released ... they got 392 20th anniversary edition for a whooping 120k after AWE upgrades with many releasing bank account information to AWE for the 20k+ upgrades .... that said, Mopar just announced 2024 392 with better options than 20th anniversary ( better tow rating, beefed up Dana HD axles, better seats, XR is standard and so on). The catch ? Blind ordering..MSRP was not released yet the ordering banks are open

There's more to the TRX before they are done with it imo
You are absolutely right. I've been "Okie-Doked" by Dodge, RAM, FCA before, most recently thinking a 2022 Jailbreak was exclusive....not until 2023 when all the Hellcat bitches are Jailbreaks........I'm hoping for selfish reasons that if/when they continue the TRX, in which they will for sure, it will hopefully be different in terms of engines. I don't care if they come out with a 1000 HP electrified 392 PHEV or Hybrid version, if it don't have that "Hellcat" whine, it WON'T be the same....

I purposely order my HC Challenger last Year just knowing it would probably be a cluster f..k getting a 23, and it is, so I’m glad I did!
When it’s announced, and I think when the time comes it will be, you are witnessing right now how FU it will be to get a last run truck.
When my 23 arrives it will be my DD which I will drive for 3 year and then worry about where I’m going then. Fortunately I have my cars to remember the good times!

The difference is the 6.4 is going to live on next year in the 2500/3500 regardless of what else it's put in. the 6.2 would be only in the TRX. again it comes down to volume and profits nothing else.

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back