MEANONETRX

TRX Member
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
07 Duramax LBZ
Current Ride #2
24 Final Edition
hey guys did break in like booklet says .. finally got it home ... when for a Sunday cruise and got back and this happened
only does it when warm... cold start can't hear it I don't have a hemi tick or exhaust issue listen and you will hear the thunk thunk its faint but there
oil pressure seems fine I towed it to the dealership last night but we all know how smart they are ..
I bought the truck Feb 9 lol

The first video cold start sounds good...
the second video is warmed on idle ( clunk)
third warm idle after a drive for 10 mins (clunk)
Let me know what you think
located socal

Attachments

• cold start .mp4
    7.8 MB
  • hotidle.mp4
    4.4 MB
  • warm idle drive.mp4
    9.6 MB
hey guys did break in like booklet says .. finally got it home ... when for a Sunday cruise and got back and this happened
only does it when warm... cold start can't hear it I don't have a hemi tick or exhaust issue listen and you will hear the thunk thunk its faint but there
oil pressure seems fine I towed it to the dealership last night but we all know how smart they are ..
I bought the truck Feb 9 lol

The first video cold start sounds good...
the second video is warmed on idle ( clunk)
third warm idle after a drive for 10 mins (clunk)
Let me know what you think
located socal

Almost sounds like something is loose and the clunk is random as well. Not the typical hemi tick sound I have heard before.

Hard to hear but almost sounds like the cats. My power wagon did the same thing when hot, the cats would make a knocking sound. does it make that sound when you turn the truck off?

Hard to hear but almost sounds like the cats. My power wagon did the same thing when hot, the cats would make a knocking sound. does it make that sound when you turn the truck off?
No. not whens its off

Its a dealership now they wont look at till Monday or Tuesday just wanted to see if anyone has heard this noise before I haven't
la area and palm springs

Its a dealership now they wont look at till Monday or Tuesday just wanted to see if anyone has heard this noise before I haven't
la area and palm springs
Sorry this happened to you. I would definitely be a little discouraged. Hope it is an easy fix. Please let us know what you find out.

trucks at the dealer on a lift they couldn't find the noise on cold start like I said ... sounds like they did or may of found something but tech was out to lunche didn't get to much info yet I'll know more when he comes back ...I think there are contacting Ram to see if they can continue to dig deeper fingers crossed

trucks at the dealer on a lift they couldn't find the noise on cold start like I said ... sounds like they did or may of found something but tech was out to lunche didn't get to much info yet I'll know more when he comes back ...I think there are contacting Ram to see if they can continue to dig deeper fingers crossed
I was listening to your videos I couldn’t really hear the clunk or noise you describe, but I have a 2021 and 2023 and they are naturally noisy at idle. I think your truck is fine just the design of the cats or loose exhaust bolt something simple. But please keep us posted.

I was listening to your videos I couldn’t really hear the clunk or noise you describe, but I have a 2021 and 2023 and they are naturally noisy at idle. I think your truck is fine just the design of the cats or loose exhaust bolt something simple. But please keep us posted

I hope so I know they are nosies and people first complained about the the hemi tick,exhasut, anything and everything ...I am not , let's see this just sounds different. hard to hear in videos I know ... its weird that's why I bought it up maybe my word chose was not the best incompetent vocabulary I know

check your transmission fluid level

Here ya go.
Video was taken a few months back before i changed Transmission fluid.
Sounds like noise is coming from front when it is actually from inside the transmission.

Transmission was little over 1.5 quarts low.

Absolutely must follow the ZF fill procedure or level will be incorrect.
Do a drive cycle. Check again.
When they fill at Factory my guess is they don't run long enough to let the transmission cooler Thermostat open. Which leads to a low level after driving.

Good luck.

Attachments

• 20220609_170842_1.mp4
    9.5 MB
holly shit this is very similar I thought it was odd checking fluid on the transmission but similar noise dam truck is at the dealership they contacted Chrysler and waiting for further instructions .... so out of my hands but dam this could be it
but the truck shifted smoothly nothing out of of place trans temps seemed normal
I hope its as simple as this ! thank you for this information

I have a 21 that has that same exact noise. Dealer is waiting for the new transmission to arrive. 20k miles on it but besides the noise the transmission would disengage under load or W.O.T from a stop. Couldn’t even use launch control. I would get a message stating shift to park then select desired gear. If the new transmission fixes both issue that’ll mean the sound is coming from the transmission.

I have a 21 that has that same exact noise. Dealer is waiting for the new transmission to arrive. 20k miles on it but besides the noise the transmission would disengage under load or W.O.T from a stop. Couldn’t even use launch control. I would get a message stating shift to park then select desired gear. If the new transmission fixes both issue that’ll mean the sound is coming from the transmission.

keep me posted that means this could be fixed and resolved quickly I rather has a broken transmission than a motor ....I never got to use launch control yet .. I wonder what the problems is with transmission low fluid or bad batch of parts....

Here ya go.
Video was taken a few months back before i changed Transmission fluid.
Sounds like noise is coming from front when it is actually from inside the transmission.

Transmission was little over 1.5 quarts low.

Absolutely must follow the ZF fill procedure or level will be incorrect.
Do a drive cycle. Check again.
When they fill at Factory my guess is they don't run long enough to let the transmission cooler Thermostat open. Which leads to a low level after driving.

Good luck.
So the fluid change fixed ur problem?

Yes transmission quiet now.
Ill get a video soon.

Back