ReachingRedline

Living Life on the Redline
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 RAM TRX-RR IGNITION EDITION
Military
Army
Hey Guys, I have a new project in the works for my TRX, and I will be doing an engine swap to add more power. So I will have my current engine for sale. It has just over 16k miles on the engine, and I am looking to sell it for $29,995. SRT Autoworks did all the work on the engine and will be doing the work for the new project. So if you need extra peace of mind, over what I can convey to you about the engine for sale, the work done to the engine, and the health of the engine, I would be happy to get you in touch with them so you can have peace of mind. The project will begin in roughly 2-3 months so you can either time your vehicle to be there at the same time and have them swap the engine to your vehicle or I can have the engine put in a crate and shipped to you. Here are the following mods done to the engine.

SRT AUTOWORKS CUSTOM GRIPTEC 2.75UPPER PULLEY
ATI 10% LOWER PULLEY
FUEL INJECTOR UPGRADE / ID1300X
BOOST A PUMPBOOST REFERENCE ADAPTER
CRANK PINNING KIT
GATES GREEN RACING BELT
180 DEGREE THERMOSTAT
BWOODY CAI IN MOPAR ORANGE
SET UP FOR E85
CUSTOM GRIND PERFORMANCE CAMSHAFT 222/236 114 LSA
FORCED INDUCTIONS SUPERCHARGER SPACERS + THERMAL BLANKETS
KONG PERFORMANCE PORTED SNOUT + BEARING PLATE / MAX EFFORT FULL PORT
KONG PERFORMANCE SUPERCHARGER REBUILD
WILLIAMS 108MM THROTTLE BODY HELLCAT/DEMON
STAINLESS WORKS RAM TRX 6.2L LONG TUBE HEADERS
SRT AUTOWORKS CUSTOM OIL CATCH CAN

Here is a video of the sound when idle and WOT.

I've never had a dyno done on it, but it's estimated to be around 1,100hp at the crank.

Let me know if you are interested or have any questions.

Last edited:
Hey Guys, I have a new project in the works for my TRX, and I will be doing an engine swap to add more power. So I will have my current engine for sale. It has just over 16k miles on the engine, and I am looking to sell it for $35k. SRT Autoworks did all the work on the engine and will be doing the work for the new project. So if you need extra peace of mind, over what I can convey to you about the engine for sale, the work done to the engine, and the health of the engine, I would be happy to get you in touch with them so you can have peace of mind. The project will begin in roughly 2-3 months so you can either time your vehicle to be there at the same time and have them swap the engine to your vehicle or I can have the engine put in a crate and shipped to you. Here are the following mods done to the engine.

ATI 10% LOWER PULLEY
CRANK PINNING KIT
GATES GREEN RACING BELT
180 DEGREE THERMOSTAT
SET UP FOR E85

I've never had a dyno done on it, but it's estimated to be around 1,100hp at the crank.

I got $1000 and a bag of chips…let’s make something happen.

Hey Guys, I have a new project in the works for my TRX, and I will be doing an engine swap to add more power. So I will have my current engine for sale. It has just over 16k miles on the engine, and I am looking to sell it for $35k. SRT Autoworks did all the work on the engine and will be doing the work for the new project. So if you need extra peace of mind, over what I can convey to you about the engine for sale, the work done to the engine, and the health of the engine, I would be happy to get you in touch with them so you can have peace of mind. The project will begin in roughly 2-3 months so you can either time your vehicle to be there at the same time and have them swap the engine to your vehicle or I can have the engine put in a crate and shipped to you. Here are the following mods done to the engine.

ATI 10% LOWER PULLEY
CRANK PINNING KIT
GATES GREEN RACING BELT
180 DEGREE THERMOSTAT
SET UP FOR E85

GLWS but I would recommend lowering your price. A forged 426 hellephant crate motor is $30k with no discount (I have seen them as low as $22k). Maybe I’m just off base though.

GLWS but I would recommend lowering your price. A forged 426 hellephant crate motor is $30k with no discount (I have seen them as low as $22k). Maybe I’m just off base though.
Does that mean you are making an offer?

The 12 year old in me thinks, “I wonder if I could stuff that under the hood of my wife’s Colorado ZR2?”

The 12 year old in me thinks, “I wonder if I could stuff that under the hood of my wife’s Colorado ZR2?”
1708135555776.png

Does that mean you are making an offer?
Based on $11-12k for a new hellcat long block plus adding up the cost you have into it and then taking 20% off for used… I would offer $15k to have it as a backup. Let me know if you’re interested.

Based on $11-12k for a new hellcat long block plus adding up the cost you have into it and then taking 20% off for used… I would offer $15k to have it as a backup. Let me know if you’re interested.
Hahaha ha, you are funny. Not. I've done my research and a used TRX engine with my mileage can easily snag $15k as a stock engine and then I have receipts for my mods. I'm priced several thousand under what it took to do this particular build given it's used. Thanks for trolling. To all others that want to be productive on this thread and may be seriously interested, I'll entertain all serious offers. If you are interested in a budget build hit up AZDinoPwr.

I was thinking same thing because I've been looking at 426 for my redeye

Hahaha ha, you are funny. Not. I've done my research and a used TRX engine with my mileage can easily snag $15k as a stock engine and then I have receipts for my mods. I'm priced several thousand under what it took to do this particular build given it's used. Thanks for trolling. To all others that want to be productive on this thread and may be seriously interested, I'll entertain all serious offers. If you are interested in a budget build hit up AZDinoPwr.
You can get a used engine WITH transmission for between 13-15k all day. Good luck

You can get a used engine WITH transmission for between 13-15k all day. Good luck
You must have not read anything and skipped right past all the modifications done. Thanks for bumping the thread back to the top.

You must have not read anything and skipped right past all the modifications done. Thanks for bumping the thread back to the top.
I actually read it all and still don't think it's worth it. My point was when you posted " I've done my research and a used TRX engine with my mileage can easily snag $15k as a stock engine and then I have receipts for my mods". That would include a transmission which you didn't so your comparison sucks. That's all. I actually hope you sell it but I still think you're too high

I actually read it all and still don't think it's worth it. My point was when you posted " I've done my research and a used TRX engine with my mileage can easily snag $15k as a stock engine and then I have receipts for my mods". That would include a transmission which you didn't so your comparison sucks. That's all. I actually hope you sell it but I still think you're too high
If you are giving an educated response, I can accept that, but simply downing someone's post based on feelings isn't productive man. If it's not what you would pay then simply pass by the thread. I have the mods that I do by the shop they were done by. Again, I have receipts for any serious buyers. If you want to scan the internet for the cheapest engine you can find, find the cheapest parts you can find, and go to the most budget friendly shop there is to do the project, then by all means do what works for you. But I'm a firm believer you get what you pay for.

Wasn’t trying to troll you at all or be disrespectful. Brand new hellcat long block under $10k (not on sale or negotiated price which my local shop says they could get me another $1500 less):

Shops that I have spoken too that do blowers like Kong (I have parts and porting from them too) have said they will sell an OEM rebuilt blower for $3k. So that’s how I got to my total.

If looking at reasonable prices makes me a “budget builder” then I’m fine with that. I would call it educated. Since for $10k less than your asking I could grab a fully forged 426 long block (with blower, injectors, pulleys, etc). Honestly, if I pop my motor a forged 426 would be the route to go and apparently cheaper than buying a used OEM internals hellcat engine according to you…

A brand new hellephant crate engine is $29k which is a forged 426 with a bigger blower and can handle 1600hp with ease.if you really think your package of a used stock internals OEM hellcat motor with bolt ons is worth more than that then there is no reasoning with you. GLWS

I was thinking same thing because I've been looking at 426 for my redeye
Yea, idk. Maybe he just thinks he’s going to recoup his mod costs. When I have sold old motors, trans, etc I’m usually priced at 50% of new. Doesn’t make me a very “budget” minded person though.

Wasn’t trying to troll you at all or be disrespectful. Brand new hellcat long block under $10k (not on sale or negotiated price which my local shop says they could get me another $1500 less):

Shops that I have spoken too that do blowers like Kong (I have parts and porting from them too) have said they will sell an OEM rebuilt blower for $3k. So that’s how I got to my total.

If looking at reasonable prices makes me a “budget builder” then I’m fine with that. I would call it educated. Since for $10k less than your asking I could grab a fully forged 426 long block (with blower, injectors, pulleys, etc). Honestly, if I pop my motor a forged 426 would be the route to go and apparently cheaper than buying a used OEM internals hellcat engine according to you…

A brand new hellephant crate engine is $29k which is a forged 426 with a bigger blower and can handle 1600hp with ease.if you really think your package of a used stock internals OEM hellcat motor with bolt ons is worth more than that then there is no reasoning with you. GLWS
Here is AzDinoPwr trolling on someone else's post again. Dude is always thinking he knows everything and making other people's post about him. Get a life dude.

First off a long block isn't even a complete engine. There are several other parts that still need to be put on a long block to make it a complete engine. You are also not going to grab a fully forged 426 long block (with blower, injectors, pulleys, etc) for $20K ($10K less than what I'm asking). If you somehow did, it's not going to be reputable, nor will it have the horsepower my engine has, nor is it a complete engine. You must think all the other intricacies of an engine are free.

As you say, a brand new hellephant crate engine is $29k, which is a forged 426 with a bigger blower and can handle 1600hp with ease. First, it doesn't come with 1600hp, so if someone wanted to get to that power level, it's going to take more money, putting the price well above what my engine is selling at. And you said 1,600hp with ease; you may be able to get it there, but again, doing things right for longevity, I wouldn't recommend it. If you want to do it right, then it's going to cost more.

My engine was done by SRT Autoworks, not Grease Monkey. SRT Autoworks is one of the most reputable MOPAR performance shops in the World. Try to argue that and you will just look stupid. So that comes at a price. Your arguments are pointless. It's like saying I can get the same horsepower from a Subaru and pay $40K for the same horsepower in a Porsche Boxster that someone paid $100k for. The quality is not even comparable. You are the guy who is leaking oil all over the track because he cut corners that everyone else suffers for his decisions.

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back