Sleezy dealers

Andy_SD

TRX Fanatic
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
RAM TRX
Thought I would check out the second hand market on my truck and see what was offered. What I found was disgusting. One dealer said they would pay me $105k on my $90k msrp truck if I sold it that day. The next day they offered $90k… when I asked why the drop, there were crickets… another dealer said they would pay $90k, but if I had a written offer of $105k, they would consider paying $105k. Is it too much to ask for some f*#%%ing morals and just say.: we’ll pay you “this” and that’s it?

Sheesh. I also live in SD, what dealership did you go to?

I’d say getting MSRP on a used truck is doing good though! There are too many people expecting dealers to pay unreasonable amounts of money on trades right now just because of used values being higher. It is their right to change their minds. Give me the VIN, Vroom and Carvana will all give you written offers with with an expiration. Give me the VIN will give: Expiration Date: +12 HRS from emailed offer date. They also state: We (GMTV) reserve the right to cancel any purchase offers at any time, for any reason.Highly doubt any of them will give anywhere near $15K over MSRP.

The other half of the equation is people in SD are paying the ridiculous ADM on these trucks and a used one will still catch an idiot willing to pay. It was actually good to be stationed in VA when I bought mine. Not looking forward to coming back to the gas prices though.

Times are crazy right now for new (or almost new) high end vehicles. I traded in my 2019 Trackhawk w/30k miles on it for a new 2021 TRX this summer. I was surprised when I basically got what I paid (on paper) for the TH originally. Of course they had jacked up the price of the TRX and TH's trade in value so much, who really knows.... They initally wanted 10k more with my trade but I held my ground and got it for an even trade. I was happy with that.

They don't have a lot of these to sell so while you are there (and on the hook) they'll try to get everything they can out of you. That's their job...

There’s nothing wrong about that. In fact, that’s just the basic fundamental in negotiation with dealerships. When they offer you a price for your car, they expect to close it on spot. But when you come back the other day, they would assume you have tried elsewhere but unable to get a better deal, which means they maybe overpaying you with that offer. So everything must start over again. Believe or not, dealers do not like to see customers going around haggling prices before coming back. I’m not saying that right or wrong. But in my experience, you have a lot of advantages to grab your best deal on first day, rather than coming back the next day, no matter buying or selling. This is opposite to online dealers who tend to increase their buying offers the longer you wait. So if that was me, I would run price check with online dealers around a week or 2 in advanced before bringing my truck to the local dealers and close it, of course if they can beat your existing offer

I’d say getting MSRP on a used truck is doing good though! There are too many people expecting dealers to pay unreasonable amounts of money on trades right now just because of used values being higher. It is their right to change their minds. Give me the VIN, Vroom and Carvana will all give you written offers with with an expiration. Give me the VIN will give: Expiration Date: +12 HRS from emailed offer date. They also state: We (GMTV) reserve the right to cancel any purchase offers at any time, for any reason.Highly doubt any of them will give anywhere near $15K over MSRP.
Not complaining about the price. Just the tactics about how they are doing everything to screw over the customer.

Back