juicebox

TRX Fiend
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 RAM TRX
Current Ride #2
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
Hey all! Sorry if this has been asked before, and I didn't find it in the Search, but has anybody with a SILVER TRX done paint correction prior to PPF and ceramic coating? I know it makes a big difference with other colors, but I haven't seen anybody with silver post about it. I'm just wondering if it's worth doing the paint correction prior to the other steps? I don't have my truck yet, but I'm trying to get everything lined up! Thanks for any/all input!

Hey all! Sorry if this has been asked before, and I didn't find it in the Search, but has anybody with a SILVER TRX done paint correction prior to PPF and ceramic coating? I know it makes a big difference with other colors, but I haven't seen anybody with silver post about it. I'm just wondering if it's worth doing the paint correction prior to the other steps? I don't have my truck yet, but I'm trying to get everything lined up! Thanks for any/all input!
Other ride is a silver Range Rover sport. Paint correction is important on every color. Scratches and swirls are obviously less noticeable on silver but you’re not helping anything by ceramic coating over scratches and swirls. Any good detail shop is going to tell you to correct any “defect” prior to ceramic coating and PPF.

It is important, but not as important. If you are buying the truck new you don't need to do paint correction. That paint should not have a scratch or swirl anywhere. Just look closely for any imperfection first. After PDI at the dealership just bring it home and do a clay bar and wipe her down. Then apply ceramic. I prefer a clay mitt. As far as PPF, the shop that does it should do the same. I have silver and I own a shop that does ceramic and PPF.

I wash, clay and polish every vehicle I buy. They have all had a few light scratches or swirls in them. Most likely from the dealership prepping them. Each one of them were shining better and slicker after I finished. That being said, I went from a Black Longhorn to this Billet Silver TRX. That is a huge difference as far as seeing defects. My silver truck is never going to shine as well as my black truck did but will be easier to live with.

It is important, but not as important. If you are buying the truck new you don't need to do paint correction. That paint should not have a scratch or swirl anywhere. Just look closely for any imperfection first. After PDI at the dealership just bring it home and do a clay bar and wipe her down. Then apply ceramic. I prefer a clay mitt. As far as PPF, the shop that does it should do the same. I have silver and I own a shop that does ceramic and PPF.
You should relocate to TX. I know of at least one customer for you. 😉😎

I haven’t seen many mass produced new vehicles that don’t require some paint correction. They get jacked up from rail travel and most often from the dealership prep process. I told my dealer not to prep my vehicle for that exact reason.

Back