Removing the interior

IA_TRX

TRX Fan
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
Roush SC F150 (for now)
I want to add sound deadening to my 2023 level 2. Has anyone done a write-up with the steps to remove seats, console, trim, carpet etc? Curious what tools I need to have available. Also, if I disconnect the battery for a few days, will that cause any issues? For example, I had power steps added and the dealer had to program them after install.

I have removed door panels and the center armrest/shift knob whole console. I have not removed the seats or any other side panels. I am sure threads on stereo installs will help. I would also say that searching for regular 1500 rams would help too. As the interior has many matching parts and layout. I think the center with shift knob is specific to TRX but the removal is exactly same as the 1500. 6 screws and it literally slides out as 1 piece.

I have removed door panels and the center armrest/shift knob whole console. I have not removed the seats or any other side panels. I am sure threads on stereo installs will help. I would also say that searching for regular 1500 rams would help too. As the interior has many matching parts and layout. I think the center with shift knob is specific to TRX but the removal is exactly same as the 1500. 6 screws and it literally slides out as 1 piece.
I did search this forum and didn't find what I was looking for but you're right, my search should probably be elsewhere and including all Ram 1500's. Thanks for taking time to respond!

5th Gen Rams you can search also. Youtube can help, just expand the search to Ram 1500. I think the Limited would be even more closely related because of some of the added options and electronics.

The search function is not always the most helpful but someone else on here may be able to put you in the right direction.

I did search this forum and didn't find what I was looking for but you're right, my search should probably be elsewhere and including all Ram 1500's. Thanks for taking time to respond!
The forum search function is useless.
Search in google with the words “trx forum” and it will find the thread 10000x better this was a pretty intense full interior out stereo upgrade.

Can’t speak to the TRX but I know that when I removed the seats in my Jeep it required a specific star bit and they were torqued by Kong himself. I figured out it was easier to remove the seat from the bracket “still a PITA” and then remove the bracket from the floor.

for the seats you need E-torx bits. I’m pretty sure it’s the same size for all the bolts. It might be 14 but don’t quote me on that. There are plenty of videos of taking the door panels off on youtube, but if you don’t remove the window carriers you won’t gain much except what you try to do through the speaker hole. Center console is held in with 6 bolts and then there afre two connectors to disconnect.

You will need a crows foot or trim removal tool , a 18 mil socket a 10 mill socket a pick for the console covers and air bag covers on the rear c post garnish. A 14 mil socket for the b post ally sliders and seat belts and a t 50 tofc bit gir the seatbelt anchors for the center seat belt. A t 20 for those screws if removing the upper c post garnish and you will need to remove the console side pieces between the center stack and th console as this will reveal 4 10 mm bolts and the other 2 are on the rear 1 each side and the console will slide back and there are 2 connections for the console 1 being usb connection and other being 49 pin connector got shifter rear plugs exc. York bit for front seat bolts believe e torx which is 10 mm size. The front seats have 4 of this type bolts each. The rears have 2 each and 28 mm bolts. And your electrical connections. That’s about it for b posts and c posts and seats console.

You will need a crows foot or trim removal tool , a 18 mil socket a 10 mill socket a pick for the console covers and air bag covers on the rear c post garnish. A 14 mil socket for the b post ally sliders and seat belts and a t 50 tofc bit gir the seatbelt anchors for the center seat belt. A t 20 for those screws if removing the upper c post garnish and you will need to remove the console side pieces between the center stack and th console as this will reveal 4 10 mm bolts and the other 2 are on the rear 1 each side and the console will slide back and there are 2 connections for the console 1 being usb connection and other being 49 pin connector got shifter rear plugs exc. York bit for front seat bolts believe e torx which is 10 mm size. The front seats have 4 of this type bolts each. The rears have 2 each and 28 mm bolts. And your electrical connections. That’s about it for b posts and c posts and seats console.
Awesome, thank you! Is there any issue with having the battery disconnected for several days?

Back