Rambar

Is 82215959AC the same RamBar as used on the assembly line? I'm trying to understand why a part that lists for $1195 is optional on the car for $1895. I would think the cost would be lower when you order it as an option.

My dealer accidently missed the RamBar on my order. I'm beginning to think I should thank them.
You might be missing the "labor factor"

Also, list is diff from msrp. And we are all paying msrp+

You might be missing the "labor factor"

Maybe. But $700 to install a part that is probably sitting right next to you, on a car that is passing right in front of you on the assembly line seems a bit steep. Granted, I'm oversimplifying, but $700 for maybe 30 mins labor?

Side note - I bitched a bit to my salesman about the missing RamBar, and he said 'no problem, we can get and install it here', and put me in touch with their parts guy. The parts guy said he would get me a quote with installation, but that he probably would not be able to match the option prices because "it's always cheaper when you order it with the truck". So I called the dealer across town and got the $1195 price.

I can't wait to hear what he quotes me when he calls back.

Not sure what you mean by the MSRP comment. I'm looking at the MSRP for the option on the RAM website ($1895), and the list price in this thread (confirmed by the other dealer).

Maybe. But $700 to install a part that is probably sitting right next to you, on a car that is passing right in front of you on the assembly line seems a bit steep. Granted, I'm oversimplifying, but $700 for maybe 30 mins labor?

Side note - I bitched a bit to my salesman about the missing RamBar, and he said 'no problem, we can get and install it here', and put me in touch with their parts guy. The parts guy said he would get me a quote with installation, but that he probably would not be able to match the option prices because "it's always cheaper when you order it with the truck". So I called the dealer across town and got the $1195 price.

I can't wait to hear what he quotes me when he calls back.

Not sure what you mean by the MSRP comment. I'm looking at the MSRP for the option on the RAM website ($1895), and the list price in this thread (confirmed by the other dealer).
The dealer ordered my Rambar earlier this week and it arrived at the dealer today. I paid the $1195 already. Once my truck gets built and to the dealer, they will do the install. That cost could be negotiable (like most things that aren't a TRX), but I wont make a fuss. I figure since this was a dealer order that I picked up, and I am adding the RamBar after the fact, the $1895 is expected.

Since the dealer messed up on your initial order, you might have some wiggle room...?

List price and MSRP are two entirely separate things. I might post something at a later date that shows the breakdown of each option on the TRX - list compared to MSRP. It might upset the applecart though. ;)

Back