Radio Losing Presets

HemiFast

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Ram TRX
Current Ride #2
2009 Challenger SRT
Lately my truck won't remember the SIRIUSXM presets that I program in. Every time I start the truck they're all gone again. So I've given up on adding them in any more.

I haven't updated the firmware on my TASER DT in a while. So I'm wondering if that could be the cause? But it was working for a good 6 months with the TASER DT with no issues so I don't know why that would suddenly be causing it.

Only thing that has changed right before this happened was a dealer oil change/service. Maybe they did an update that messed with something? Any ideas what is causing this and how to fix?

Attachments

• 20240504_085918.jpg
    20240504_085918.jpg
    310.7 KB · Views: 16
With UConnect 4 especially (my 2020 Ram Limited had the same system your 2021 does), there are two common ways this becomes a problem, in my experience.

One, do you have memory seats? If so, after setting your presets, save your memory seats (again). This actually saves far more than just the seat positions.

If that doesn't work, or you don't have memory seats, do you have a SiriusXM profile setup? If not, set one up, then add your presets. If you're not sure how to do this in the system, let me know, I have an old guide I put together from my 2020 somewhere.

EDIT: Found it. Its called a Listener profile. Page 30.

From what I read and personal experience, those two things solve 95%+ of people's "losing presets" issues on UConnect 4 systems.

My 23 would do that too. No Tazer at the time. I use CarPlay now so I don't know if it's still doing it.

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back