PPF Xpel Cost

Funny part is the guy was trying to convince me what a GREAT deal it is. $400 "paint correction" required before install??? Just need a good honest installer. One with TRX experience a PLUS.

A good installer will always do paint correction prior to PPF installation. Vehicles, even brand new from the factory, often require some sort of paint correction. Vehicles (new) that the dealer gets their hands off are even more prone to requiring it.

$7k here in South Florida. Unless you want pre cut that'll show seems. Also, paint correction is highly recommended, but unless your truck is trashed, a quick 1 step is all that should be needed. Id have to assume included in most of these prices.

Paid 1400 xpel. Front bumper pieces, full front and rear fenders, entire hood, black lower door panels, and door cups. In SoCal.
Where’d your go?

How about Mass or NH dealers? Any good ones that aren’t outrageous.

I just spoke to my local Xpel guy and he quoted me about $8-9k but just the ppf. He never heard of the “stealth” even though it’s labeled that on Xpel’s website. They also told me it’s impossible to do the whole hood in one piece, there would be all these seams, and gaps around the edges because you can’t wrap it like vinyl. I showed him Raven’s pics and a couple others. He seemed pretty perplexed. He had me look at a vehicle they just wrapped in vinyl and I wasn’t impressed. They’re the only local Xpel guys within about 2-4 hrs of me.

For those with the stealth, are there seams and does it wrap around edges like a vinyl wrap?

I just spoke to my local Xpel guy and he quoted me about $8-9k but just the ppf. He never heard of the “stealth” even though it’s labeled that on Xpel’s website. They also told me it’s impossible to do the whole hood in one piece, there would be all these seams, and gaps around the edges because you can’t wrap it like vinyl. I showed him Raven’s pics and a couple others. He seemed pretty perplexed. He had me look at a vehicle they just wrapped in vinyl and I wasn’t impressed. They’re the only local Xpel guys within about 2-4 hrs of me.

For those with the stealth, are there seams and does it wrap around edges like a vinyl wrap?
No. I dont have it and I know for a fact cause Ive seen examples in person.

Drive 4+ hours to get it done right. Guy sounds like he doesn't know shit

I would definitely go elsewhere! That shop sounds horrible.

Don't use that guy. He is charging way too much and he lacks the knowledge (I am being nice). For that amount of money I had all of the plastic pieces, badges and graphics (stickers) removed along with the RAM on the tailgate. I had full ceramic pro gold applied with transferable warranty. I had the wheels, interior, windows, pano and windshield done with ceramic.
All of the ppf seams wrap around a corner and out of site (not visible). I would go find another installer and get er' done for a better price and done right.

Don't use that guy. He is charging way too much and he lacks the knowledge (I am being nice). For that amount of money I had all of the plastic pieces, badges and graphics (stickers) removed along with the RAM on the tailgate. I had full ceramic pro gold applied with transferable warranty. I had the wheels, interior, windows, pano and windshield done with ceramic.
All of the ppf seams wrap around a corner and out of site (not visible). I would go find another installer and get er' done for a better price and done right.
Interior with ceramic? Huh?

How about Mass or NH dealers? Any good ones that aren’t outrageous.
My guy is in mass, Inside Out Detailing, did my xpel stealth, ceramic tinted all my glass (including pano roof and windshield) and tinted my taillights, headlights, mirror markers and 3rd brake light and ceramic coated everything for under 8k. Did a great job too!

I would definitely go elsewhere! That shop sounds horrible.
If your XPEL guy has never heard of Stealth, run lol
Thank you guys for your input and advice. I pretty much made my decision before leaving the shop that I would go somewhere else. If I'm going to spend that much money, it better an outstanding job and get more than just the PPF. Probably going to have to make it a vacation and spend a few days somewhere while it's getting done, the right way!

My guy is in mass, Inside Out Detailing, did my xpel stealth, ceramic tinted all my glass (including pano roof and windshield) and tinted my taillights, headlights, mirror markers and 3rd brake light and ceramic coated everything for under 8k. Did a great job too!
Is this your truck

Agreed, that installer sounds very poor!

Xpel Stealth the entire bad boy. Got an amazing guy in S. Florida if needed!

Back