Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
Trackhawk
Current Ride #2
Jeep Rubicon 4XE
Military
Navy veteran
With any sort of luck I will be taking delivery of my TRX in December.
I understand there are some specific items to look for when taking delivery. Is there a comprehensive Post delivery inspection list anywhere?
If not it would be great if we could collectively make a list of things the buyer should inspect specific to the TRX, top to bottom front to back as soon as taking delivery of our new truck. Something easy to print with a pass or fail check box, maybe a spot for notes.

Yep, there's a big running thread on it I just suck at tracking it down evidently. Help will be here soon enough...

Note that it’s a bit dated and a lot of these common issues are no longer common.

As the 2022 are now hitting the lots,.. I suppose there will be a new list

As the 2022 are now hitting the lots,.. I suppose there will be a new list

Hopefully not since it’s the second model year with minimal changes.

They did progressively get better throughout the year. My late 2021 didn’t have any issues on that list except exhaust tip and hood alignment which I fixed myself in no time. Inspection marks on every hose and connection. They got their shit together from what I’ve seen.

Don't remember if the lug nuts are on that list, but found a few on ours that were not torqued correctly.
Not even sure how that can happen with the machines they use.

Note that it’s a bit dated and a lot of these common issues are no longer common.
How you figure? People still finding issues and lose fuses on that list...

People can and should check their truck over, but I don’t think it’s fair to make a new owner sweat 30 pages of issues that occurred on trucks built nearly a year before theirs.

We all see what gets posted lately. Most of the things on that list are clearly no longer common. And others frankly never were common in the first place. Just providing some context here…

Hell tell that to the hundreds of people that message me everyday about issues found on here, FB, IG, and my Youtube channel lol

I can attest to the loose fuses... Check them all boys check them all... While mine were all seated every single 1 well 98% of them clicked in... Check them fuses!👍🇺🇲

One would think Stellantis would like to know when customers get the vehicles after a PDI and there are still issues
Stellantis is paying that tech money.
And if there are issues that should have been caught in the final final QC check… Stellantis will not want to pay.

if techs loose their PDI hours of issues are found by the client… I’ll guarantee you that the trucks will be perfect.

Hell tell that to the hundreds of people that message me everyday about issues found on here, FB, IG, and my Youtube channel lol
Well I’m sure we can agree that people never miss an opportunity to complain. Myself included, sometimes.

But still, I’m not gonna yank on my gas door before every trip because one dude’s fell off 8 months ago.

Even if I bought a 3-million dollar car, put together by the best artisans, I would still go over it, check fluids, fasteners, etc.
If for no other reason, to familiarize myself with the vehicle.

But in real life I bought a simple pickup, built on assembly line in times of parts and worker shortages.
Actually, I'm a bit surprised that they come out as well as they do.

Well I’m sure we can agree that people never miss an opportunity to complain. Myself included, sometimes.

But still, I’m not gonna yank on my gas door before every trip because one dude’s fell off 8 months ago.
Why would you yank on your gar door once anyway...
In other news, 100 miles and bam, engine replacement
1634140350789.png

I hate it when people complain about their trucks all of the time. Speaking of fuel doors, my spring loaded mechanism thingy popped off the fuel door the other day and rolled under the truck while I was fueling. It was an easy fix but crawling around on the ground at the petro station sucked. Oh, and like an idiot I accidently closed the fuel door before my simple repair, good luck opening that thing without a flathead! LOL

Why would you yank on your gar door once anyway...
In other news, 100 miles and bam, engine replacement
View attachment 24587
The gas door is on the checklist. If it’s not actually worth checking, I guess it probably doesn’t need to be there. Like many things on the list, it was a one-off or early production issue that doesn’t need to be fussed over anymore.

To be clear I am not saying things don’t break. But for the purpose of a PDI, I think a dealer would be more willing to go through the list if it was concentrated to issues that are still regularly occurring. And not just every little thing that broke once.

And yes, that engine blew up. No checklist is going to catch that in PDI unless it was audibly knocking or had no oil in it.

Today I got a good reminder of how dealer service works...or doesn't.

My girlfriend bought a "beater" Audi Q3 to drive while waiting until most likely spring for an Audi ordered a few months ago. It's an '18 and had 11,XXX miles on it. Certified, from an Audi dealer.

First clue: the tire pressures were all over the place, the worst one some 10 psi low.
Second clue: The oil looked more than a bit too dark for having about 1,000 miles on it (supposed to be a 10,000-mile interval).
Among other clues: the drain plug's factory paint marking was perfectly aligned, and it was obvious that the tires hadn't been rotated (brake dust).

Long story short, the only thing the dealer had done was to reset the service interval message.
And some of you guys wonder why I like to check everything on even a new vehicle before I drive it even 1/2 a mile. Well, it's because we live in a far from perfect world.

The gas door is on the checklist. If it’s not actually worth checking, I guess it probably doesn’t need to be there. Like many things on the list, it was a one-off or early production issue that doesn’t need to be fussed over anymore.

To be clear I am not saying things don’t break. But for the purpose of a PDI, I think a dealer would be more willing to go through the list if it was concentrated to issues that are still regularly occurring. And not just every little thing that broke once.

And yes, that engine blew up. No checklist is going to catch that in PDI unless it was audibly knocking or had no oil in it.
Since I received my truck in April:
SC coolant lines both came off and truck was in the shop for 1.5 weeks (fixed)
HK snap crackle pop was a 3 day fix, but I got the black skid plate too
Thump, bump, clunk from drivetrain (next fix)
Plastic on passenger side door pillars, mirror and the front bumper facade melted/deformed from the sun reflecting a sharp beam from my home window to my truck during a sunset (need fixed)
Tailpipe tips crooked (easy fix)
Fuses not plugged in all of the way (easy fix)
Bed liner overspray (I can live with it)
Paint inconsistencies on left and right rear fenders (it is what it is)

Better than a blown motor! 😂
I love this truck

Back