Picking up my TRX in the morning

Not sure I just told dealer only way I would do 37 is if I didn’t need a lift and they found those
If the truck feels top-heavy swap out for a beefier range like D. The c-range 37s are super narrow, which is why they fit on the Raptor 37/Raptor R without any mods.
 
And that will stop absolutely nothing. They don’t look for the switch. They pop the push to start out and reconnect the red wires back together, make a key and leave. Please get real protection.

That assumes the kill switch is wired into the push-to-start circuit. A properly installed kill switch can interrupt a critical circuit elsewhere in the vehicle, with the relay and wiring completely concealed. Pulling the start button, reconnecting the red wires, and programming a key won’t bypass it. The truck still won’t start.

The thief still has to diagnose which critical circuit has been disabled, locate a concealed interruption in the vehicle, and defeat it, all while standing there with a dead truck which gives an owner more time to react.
 
That assumes the kill switch is wired into the push-to-start circuit. A properly installed kill switch can interrupt a critical circuit elsewhere in the vehicle, with the relay and wiring completely concealed. Pulling the start button, reconnecting the red wires, and programming a key won’t bypass it. The truck still won’t start.

The thief still has to diagnose which critical circuit has been disabled, locate a concealed interruption in the vehicle, and defeat it, all while standing there with a dead truck which gives an owner more time to react.
There are no “critical circuits” you can cut that won’t give a check engine but 2 or 3, each of which are obvious. No power to the button is one, no crank signal to the starter is 2. Still will be paying for new keys to be programmed in “if” it fooled them. Thats like buying a nice expensive house and duct taping your windows closed thinking thats going to stop a break in. You do you though. I will do it correctly 🤷‍♂️
 
There are no “critical circuits” you can cut that won’t give a check engine but 2 or 3, each of which are obvious. No power to the button is one, no crank signal to the starter is 2. Still will be paying for new keys to be programmed in “if” it fooled them. Thats like buying a nice expensive house and duct taping your windows closed thinking thats going to stop a break in. You do you though. I will do it correctly 🤷‍♂️
You're assuming every kill switch is a simple no power to the button or no crank setup. It isn't. Finding the switch or pulling the start button doesn't tell you where the actual interruption is.

Could a knowledgeable thief eventually diagnose and bypass it? Sure. But that's the entire point: turn a quick key-programming theft into electrical troubleshooting on a truck that won't run. That's a long way from “duct taping the windows.”

I also remember you being pretty positive about IGLA before, so I'm curious what changed your view and led you to SPYNEX. If there are specific technical differences that make SPYNEX more effective against current TRX theft methods, I'd genuinely be interested in hearing them.
 
What other options are there if IGLA is apparently on its way out for whatever reason? In addition, no spynex installers in my area? Also, are these systems 100% effective when it comes to the whole key immobilizer/key cloning situation going on or whatever trend these fucks have going?
 
What other options are there if IGLA is apparently on its way out for whatever reason? In addition, no spynex installers in my area?
SPYNEX is his #1 go to now and I would like to hear more.

If you are in NY and would travel to NJ for install, this shop is the awesome at car audio/security.

 
SPYNEX is his #1 go to now and I would like to hear more.
Lots of info here on it:


I have IGLA and Compustar on my TRX. I have no plans to change to something else unless one of them fails.
 
I also remember you being pretty positive about IGLA before, so I'm curious what changed your view and led you to SPYNEX. If there are specific technical differences that make SPYNEX more effective against current TRX theft methods, I'd genuinely be interested in hearing them.
Been asked answered here many times on here as well as many other pages. Far easier to use, app is fantastic and we are adding more and more. Testing a new added feature today actually. The parent company is far better as well. Our chipsets are FAST and made in the USA not china like IGLA.
 
What other options are there if IGLA is apparently on its way out for whatever reason? In addition, no spynex installers in my area? Also, are these systems 100% effective when it comes to the whole key immobilizer/key cloning situation going on or whatever trend these fucks have going?
Whats your zip code? We have dealers that are listed yet on our locator (IGLA dealers that will be swapping once we have our full product release in about 2-3 weeks).
Yes, 100% effective

Josh
 
Lots of info here on it:


I have IGLA and Compustar on my TRX. I have no plans to change to something else unless one of them fails.
If it works, keep it, ours is far easier to use and thats why many have switched.
 
Been asked answered here many times on here as well as many other pages. Far easier to use, app is fantastic and we are adding more and more. Testing a new added feature today actually. The parent company is far better as well. Our chipsets are FAST and made in the USA not china like IGLA.

Is a certified installer mandatory, or can one install themselves if they have automobile wiring experience?

Chipsets - you talking USB 4 and PCIe 5.0?
 

TRX Forum Favs 👍

Back
Top