Parking Sensors & 37s

JTs TRX

TRX Fanatic
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2023 Ram TRX Lunar Edition
I know this has been talked about in the past and I am hoping there is some new information about how to get the TRX parking sensors to work with 37" tires with or without a calibrated speedometer. I'd rather have parking sensors with this beast than a speedo that is accurate. I just installed the Eibach 2.7/1.5 springs to accommodate my Vossen 20" wheels and 37" tires on my 2023 Lunar Edition and have no parking sensors. Appreciate any guidance.

Hmmm, just picked up my truck today after having the springs and 37's installed. Didn't know anything about parking sensors not working now?? Been so busy lately hadn't even thought about the speedometer.

What width are your tires? I went with 13.5's. Love the stance but I have some major rub. Thought Rebel would have trimmed it for me as that's usually been my experience in the past at other shops -- except for my Jeeps :p

I know this has been talked about in the past and I am hoping there is some new information about how to get the TRX parking sensors to work with 37" tires with or without a calibrated speedometer. I'd rather have parking sensors with this beast than a speedo that is accurate. I just installed the Eibach 2.7/1.5 springs to accommodate my Vossen 20" wheels and 37" tires on my 2023 Lunar Edition and have no parking sensors. Appreciate any guidance.
Parking sensors should be fine with 37s UNLESS you adjust/correct your speedo to account for the 37s (via Tazer/etc) or you have aftermarket bumpers

I added the same springs and 37s and asked them not to adjust the speedo and my sensors work fine. From all that I’ve read as long as the TRX thinks you’re still stock height it won’t turn them off.

If I'm correct the delta difference on the speedometer is 3-5mph from switching to 37s. IMO a small issue while keeping the sensors not calibrating the tazer...

I recently got new wheels but stuck to 35s worried I would lose too much reaction on the bigger tires.
Is it a big deal, noticeable? 37s do look super sweet

If I'm correct the delta difference on the speedometer is 3-5mph from switching to 37s. IMO a small issue while keeping the sensors not calibrating the tazer...

I recently got new wheels but stuck to 35s worried I would lose too much reaction on the bigger tires.
Is it a big deal, noticeable? 37s do look super sweet
It's a big deal for us b/c we usually cruise about 8mph over the limit and that extra 3-5mph is the diff btwn getting pulled over or not hahah!!

Hmmm, just picked up my truck today after having the springs and 37's installed. Didn't know anything about parking sensors not working now?? Been so busy lately hadn't even thought about the speedometer.

What width are your tires? I went with 13.5's. Love the stance but I have some major rub. Thought Rebel would have trimmed it for me as that's usually been my experience in the past at other shops -- except for my Jeeps :p
12.5 and I have a little rub. They were afraid to trim due to the cost of the vehicle they told me and didn’t want it to look hideous to resolve minor rub. I personally hate any rub as I have tight parking conditions that causes me to crank the wheel backing out.

12.5 and I have a little rub. They were afraid to trim due to the cost of the vehicle they told me and didn’t want it to look hideous to resolve minor rub. I personally hate any rub as I have tight parking conditions that causes me to crank the wheel backing out.
Think I'll hit Taylor up today about the rub. Mine is really limiting. He didn't say anything about it when I picked it up.

Post some pics when you get a chance. I'll do the same after I wash it this weekend. I wasn't a big fan of the Ram Bar with the 35's but it may work now with the 37's. Will have to evaluate :)

I think she came out nice.

Attachments

• IMG_6824.jpeg
    IMG_6824.jpeg
    545.8 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_6823.jpeg
    IMG_6823.jpeg
    527.3 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_6805.jpeg
    IMG_6805.jpeg
    535.6 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_6802.jpeg
    IMG_6802.jpeg
    390.4 KB · Views: 84
Only one person can confirm the parking sensors do work..?
I’ve been wanting to do 37’s but don’t want the parking sensors to stop working 😂.

With 37’s, you can have your Speedo accurate or have your parking sensors work. You don’t get both unfortunately.

I actually would rather have the speedo work. If it's tight I'll drive something else and I think I rely on cameras more anyway.

Just a thought about not adjusting the speedo with 37's. On my power wagon i went to 37's, speedo was off about 3-5mph and running 4.10 gears (vs our 3.55 gears), ran that way for about a year then finally adjusted the speedo, it made a very noticeable difference in the shift points and the response. I know it's not an apple to apple comparison.......but maybe someone who "knows" can chime in. i just wonder what the long term affect on the transmission is with it being in a taller gear longer i.e. excess heat build up in the transmission......or are these 8HP95 just that much better and can handle the extra abuse.

Ive hear anything above 36.5" shuts the sensors off. What if its just adjusted to that or just under. You would at least be closer to actual speed and mileage. Not sure what the increments for adjustment are though.

I have 37s on factory bead locks. No issues with my sensors at all. I do not adjust for tires less than 10% larger. My speedometer is off about 6 to 7 percent or less. 10 percent of 35 inch tires would be 38.5 inch tires. I can not figure the mechanics it would require that the sensors won't work. Mine work just fine.

I have 37s on factory bead locks. No issues with my sensors at all. I do not adjust for tires less than 10% larger. My speedometer is off about 6 to 7 percent or less. 10 percent of 35 inch tires would be 38.5 inch tires. I can not figure the mechanics it would require that the sensors won't work. Mine work just fine.
They work fine if you dont adjust the tire size in the programing of the truck. They only stop working based on the code that operates them. When you use the tazer or alphaOBD to adjust the size toe anything about 36.5" the programming disables the parking sensors. Unsure of why but it is what it is.

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back