Parking lights always on

Completed yesterday, works like a champ! Thanks everyone for your input...

Quick question is it possible to use Fuse 44 to provide power ON when the ignition is ON for the the Amber backlighting for the Baha Designs LP6 lights? If I do not want to use an AUX switch?

Quick question is it possible to use Fuse 44 to provide power ON when the ignition is ON for the the Amber backlighting for the Baha Designs LP6 lights? If I do not want to use an AUX switch?
That’s the trailer camera fuse… fuse 11 is for your marker lights, most of us have used that for tying in backlighting.

Yes that will work. Keep in mind that fuse 44 is only 10A though.

Yes that will work. Keep in mind that fuse 44 is only 10A though.
Thank you.
I will just use that for the backlighting to be on when the truck is on. I will run the other lead to one of the AUX switches for the full blast.

Thank you.
I will just use that for the backlighting to be on when the truck is on. I will run the other lead to one of the AUX switches for the full blast.
Just curious why chose that slot? That circuit is controlled by the computer along with the other cameras. You sure it’s constant power?

Just curious why chose that slot? That circuit is controlled by the computer along with the other cameras. You sure it’s constant power?
It just powers the non-existent trailer camera. So it's isolated. But it's ignition powered, so always on.
It's the fuse that some of us tap into, so the marker lights stay on all the time (when the engine is on).

It just powers the non-existent trailer camera. So it's isolated. But it's ignition powered, so always on.
It's the fuse that some of us tap into, so the marker lights stay on all the time (when the engine is on).
I’m tapped off of 11 so backlights and marker lights are synched. Didn’t realize many were using 44.

I’m tapped off of 11 so backlights and marker lights are synched. Didn’t realize many were using 44.
Jumping power from 44 to 11 makes the marker lights stay on full time.

Jumping power from 44 to 11 makes the marker lights stay on full time.

Ah… gotcha… the no tazer solution. That’s why I’m scratching my head.

Jumped power from 44 to 11 without any issues. Thanks to everyone for the advice.
On a separate note, I’m looking for a fuse to wire in Amber DRL on my new light bar. Should be minimal draw at most, but since I used 44 and 11 would I have any other options for ignition power?

this may be a stupid question, but why do the fuse taps have slots for 2 fuses if you only need 1 and it doesn't even matter which slot you use?

this may be a stupid question, but why do the fuse taps have slots for 2 fuses if you only need 1 and it doesn't even matter which slot you use?
1 is for the original fuse and the other is for the fuse on the new circuit .
So the original circuit maintains the fuse it needs and you fuse the new circuit accordingly
51LXEdKpqRL.jpg

I just went back and read the previous posts on this thread. It looks like I said some incorrect information (which I've corrected now). The upper fuse slot is the one you need to pass power through the fuse tap. So it does matter. Not sure what I was thinking there.

1 is for the original fuse and the other is for the fuse on the new circuit .
So the original circuit maintains the fuse it needs and you fuse the new circuit accordingly
View attachment 117005
thanks for the reply and since the other end is going to a fuse both circuits are fused so only 1 fuse needed at each end.

Edit: Just saw Eighty's reply and updated post. 2 fuses at 44 and 1 at 11 in top slot.

Last edited:
thanks for the reply and since the other end is going to a fuse both circuits are fused so only 1 fuse needed at each end.

Edit: Just saw Eighty's reply and updated post. 2 fuses at 44 and 1 at 11 in top slot.
Yeah, sorry about that. Technically, you don't need the bottom slot at 44 since we don't have trailer cameras.

Does anyone have extra fuse taps they cound send me? I'm in Orange County CA. Will Venmo/PayPal

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back