Paddle shifters not working

ajamils

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
Durango Hellcat, CT4-BW, 17 SS (Holden), 15 SS (Holden), Subaru Legacy GT
I've owned by 23 TRX for about a year and it's been awesome. I mostly drive it Auto mode work paddle shifters turned off but last night I tried Sport and Baja mode and paddle shifter did not work in either mode. I double checked that they are turned on. It seems like truck doesn't recognize when they are turned on. It just shifts the gears as normal.

If I move the shifter to the left and then I can shift manually but still paddle shifters do not work.

Any suggestions or recommendations before I take it to dealership.

I've owned by 23 TRX for about a year and it's been awesome. I mostly drive it Auto mode work paddle shifters turned off but last night I tried Sport and Baja mode and paddle shifter did not work in either mode. I double checked that they are turned on. It seems like truck doesn't recognize when they are turned on. It just shifts the gears as normal.

If I move the shifter to the left and then I can shift manually but still paddle shifters do not work.

Any suggestions or recommendations before I take it to dealership.
Check fuses?
Not sure if there is a fuse just for the paddle shifters or not. Not near my truck to look at the moment

Check fuses?
Not sure if there is a fuse just for the paddle shifters or not. Not near my truck to look at the moment
No idea. Will check the manual tomorrow.

Have you tried turning it off and then back on? Kinds joking kinda hope it fixes it..

Any suggestions?

Have you tried using the paddles in "AutoStick" mode (shifter moved to the left) to see if they operate properly then?

Also, are you sure that you aren't testing operation by selecting a gear that isn't available at the time? There are several scenarios where the truck won't allow you to select another gear. Some examples from the manual:
 If a requested downshift would cause the engine to overspeed, that shift will not occur.
 The system will ignore attempts to upshift at too low of a vehicle speed.

Reactions: Two
I take it this was the first time you ever tried to use them? If so it could be as simple as them not being plugged in properly and they never worked, but unfortunately getting the airbag off to check that is not simple for a first timer plus a lot of people don't want to screw around with something like that.

Reset your infotainment system. Hold the power button down for about 15 seconds.

I take it this was the first time you ever tried to use them? If so it could be as simple as them not being plugged in properly and they never worked, but unfortunately getting the airbag off to check that is not simple for a first timer plus a lot of people don't want to screw around with something like that.
Aaahh, maybe that could be it. I replaced the steering wheel few months back and I do not recall trying the shifters after it. I did try all the buttons and they all work as expected.

That could be your problem, didn't mention that small detail earlier. :rolleyes:
But it's been months since I did that and I am.just puzzled because I cannot imagine that I did not test the shifters back then. What I'm wondering is that maybe connector wasn't secure enough and got loose?

Either wayz it was a PITA to get the air bag off so I'm not sure if I want to go through that agony again.

the airbag comes off easier the 2nd time because you now know how to do it. When you have taken it off 5 or 6 times you can get it really quick 🤣

I finally got around doing this ans surprisingly, whole event took less than an hour, with most time spent on tring to find the right poke tool for the air bag :). Turned out the left connector clip wasn't correctly seated. Once it made the "click", I tested it out and all was well. Didn't even take the whole steering out. Just took the airbag.

Thanks all for the suggestions.

I finally got around doing this ans surprisingly, whole event took less than an hour, with most time spent on tring to find the right poke tool for the air bag :). Turned out the left connector clip wasn't correctly seated. Once it made the "click", I tested it out and all was well. Didn't even take the whole steering out. Just took the airbag.

Thanks all for the suggestions.
glad you got it fixed, but i’m kinda shocked that they only thing not working was the paddles with that plug not being seated properly

glad you got it fixed, but i’m kinda shocked that they only thing not working was the paddles with that plug not being seated properly
That's because it was only the left shifter clip that wasn't seated correctly. With that said, I am surprised that it did not throw any error message.

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back