Official Fix to Driveshaft Clunk Issued Bulletin 03-004-22

Curious how you guys are getting the TSB applied. I had mine in the shop August 5th and they said they couldn't order parts until 10/1. Now they tell me the parts are on backorder. Any advice?
They gave you bad info about not being able to order parts until 10/1 as my dealer ordered and installed mine before 10/1. It took them about 2 weeks to get the parts which they had to order at the time. Parts could be back ordered now, I don't know, but seems like quite a few dealers have been able to get the parts for this already.
 
They gave you bad info about not being able to order parts until 10/1 as my dealer ordered and installed mine before 10/1. It took them about 2 weeks to get the parts which they had to order at the time. Parts could be back ordered now, I don't know, but seems like quite a few dealers have been able to get the parts for this already.
That is what I thought. I have talked to them 3 times since August and I get the same answer. Frustrating for sure! Just not sure what else to do as they say, "We will keep trying!".
 
Took my rig in two weeks ago. Couldn’t replicate the problem, but the tech was cool and ordered the kit anyways…which is on back order….
 
My dealer ordered the parts they have been in and waiting for me for a few weeks, of course I'm taking it in tomorrow and the clunk stopped yesterday and hasn't done it the last two days :( we will see what happens tomorrow when I go in
 
I didn't want to wait until the dealer ordered it or waited for it be off back order. I just ordered my own and had the dealership do the TSB. Its amazing how quickly mine came in when I paid for it. My time is more valuable than the 80 bucks for the kit. I hate the run around.

So far the fix has worked. This is the third time I have lubricated the drive shaft. Hope its the last. Im sure it won't be. This is the only thing I truly dislike about this truck.
 
I didn't want to wait until the dealer ordered it or waited for it be off back order. I just ordered my own and had the dealership do the TSB. Its amazing how quickly mine came in when I paid for it. My time is more valuable than the 80 bucks for the kit. I hate the run around.

So far the fix has worked. This is the third time I have lubricated the drive shaft. Hope its the last. Im sure it won't be. This is the only thing I truly dislike about this truck.
Can you list the info on what excatly you ordered?
 
I didn't want to wait until the dealer ordered it or waited for it be off back order. I just ordered my own and had the dealership do the TSB. Its amazing how quickly mine came in when I paid for it. My time is more valuable than the 80 bucks for the kit. I hate the run around.

So far the fix has worked. This is the third time I have lubricated the drive shaft. Hope its the last. Im sure it won't be. This is the only thing I truly dislike about this truck.
Curious to how many miles you were getting between lubes?
 
Can you list the info on what excatly you ordered?
Part number. 68597433AA. I just googled that number and purchased it from a company that had a two day lead time.
 
Curious to how many miles you were getting between lubes?
First time I used red and tacky lube. Maybe had about 2500 miles.

Second time I’m not sure what was used. The dealership told me they would use there stuff and see if it did any better. Got about 2000 miles on that one.

The real question is not only how long the TSB lube will work for but also how many times we will be able to get away using it while being covered under warranty.
 
First time I used red and tacky lube. Maybe had about 2500 miles.

Second time I’m not sure what was used. The dealership told me they would use there stuff and see if it did any better. Got about 2000 miles on that one.

The real question is not only how long the TSB lube will work for but also how many times we will be able to get away using it while being covered under warranty
My early 2021 built had the clunk after the first few months. Finally got it fixed last Friday no more issue drives better than before
 
Well was at the dealership for 6 plus hours today to get the clunk fixed, was the first car in line and after 6 hours saw my truck still sitting in the parking lot I left, so no fix yet. Ram service just sucks
 
Well was at the dealership for 6 plus hours today to get the clunk fixed, was the first car in line and after 6 hours saw my truck still sitting in the parking lot I left, so no fix yet. Ram service just sucks
That's ridiculous. I was in and out in 2 hours.
 

TRX Forum Favs 👍

Back
Top