MoparToYou

TRX Fan
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 Ram TRX
Current Ride #2
2022 Wrangler Rubicon 392 Extreme Recon
I've been off-roading for a while, and have a fair idea of tire pressure requirements. But I just thought I would ask what other people are running with their TRX.

For my Jeep in Moab I run 10 to 13 psi.
For a dirt bike I ran 14 psi for rocky desert races, and 10 to 11 psi for sandy desert races.
For my UTV I run 10 to 13 psi

But for the TRX the speed is higher than my Jeep, and it doesn't have beadlocks like the UTV, or internal beadlocks like a bike.

For typical desert roads, with speeds from 20 to 90 mph I'm thinking 25 psi to 30 psi is about right. What do you say?

I run in sand around 28-30 psi and as long as it’s flat smooth and you go in a straight line it’s stable up to 70mph. The more air you let out the sloppier it’s going to feel. For sand that isn’t really an issue, but for loose hard surfaces at higher speeds I would not go that low at all. Also the factory tires ship with nitrogen filled tires which will stay right there at the 38 psi mark. Once you open that up and get regular air which is 70ish percent nitrogen you will see your big tires fluctuate a lot in pressure. On a cold day they can drop to 36 and when you drive it you will see it go up to 42 psi or so. My guess is somewhere around 32 to 34 psi would be good for increase foot print without too much rubber flex but enough to help that ride. Just ease into it and look before you leap.

Haha i love the range- anywhere from school zone to bout 20 over the highway limit hahaha. I get it though and wish there was a good tire psi for that range. Id say set em to 30 when cold and u should be fine even at hwy speeds bc theyll warm up to 33-34psi once u get up that high.

I run my 37s daily at 30 front & 32 rear based on chalk testing. Ill drop to 18-24 usually when doing combo of sand and hard at speeds of 20-60mph

Mine definitely did not ship with nitrogen filled tires nor would I want that. I wonder if that was something the dealer did

Reactions: Two
Haha i love the range- anywhere from school zone to bout 20 over the highway limit hahaha. I get it though and wish there was a good tire psi for that range. Id say set em to 30 when cold and u should be fine even at hwy speeds bc theyll warm up to 33-34psi once u get up that high.

I run my 37s daily at 30 front & 32 rear based on chalk testing. Ill drop to 18-24 usually when doing combo of sand and hard at speeds of 20-60mph
I probably need to drop mine some. Per the App, they are all 36 cold.

Thanks everyone. I've just run street pressure so far in the TRX. I think I'll try dropping to 30 psi to see how it feels.

Anyone know what air pressure they run in those trophy trucks? Not that my TRX is a trophy truck, but it would be interesting to know what the pros do.

well they are supposed to put green caps on them if they do but I am good friends with the dealership GM and they don't fill any of their cars with nitrogen. i have never seen the factory ship any vehicle with nitrogen. we have a ton of insiders on here and they can definitely tell you if i am wrong

Also the factory tires ship with nitrogen filled tires which will stay right there at the 38 psi mark. Once you open that up and get regular air which is 70ish percent nitrogen you will see your big tires fluctuate a lot in pressure.

Aside from the fact that they don't, since when is nitrogen exempt from Boyle's Law?

Some myths just refuse to die, I suppose.

Aside from the fact that they don't, since when is nitrogen exempt from Boyle's Law?

Some myths just refuse to die, I suppose.
when you are ready we can argue about why the earth isn’t flat, but spherical.

I've had numerous discussions on the subject with people at SEMA peddling nitrogen. Not one could explain why nitrogen wouldn't expand and contract like all other gasses.

Now, if you put moist (regular) air in tires, things start to happen, but why would you do that? Besides, while the nitrogen molecules are too large to easily escape through a tire's liner, since air is 70% nitrogen anyway, eventually you'll end up with nitrogen filled tires whether you want to or not.

And while it's a known fact that You Tube is the final authority on all truths, I didn't watch the one you posted.

Our air is 78.x% nitrogen anyways.

Unless you have two valve cores and a way to suck one way and fill the other, you won’t get past that 79% mark anyways

I've had numerous discussions on the subject with people at SEMA peddling nitrogen. Not one could explain why nitrogen wouldn't expand and contract like all other gasses.

Now, if you put moist (regular) air in tires, things start to happen, but why would you do that? Besides, while the nitrogen molecules are too large to easily escape through a tire's liner, since air is 70% nitrogen anyway, eventually you'll end up with nitrogen filled tires whether you want to or not.

And while it's a known fact that You Tube is the final authority on all truths, I didn't watch the one you posted.
Lol, I don’t get it. In this day and age, I basically fact check everything I see or read. How all these crazy things get legs and become treated as absolute truth blows the mind.

Our air is 78.x% nitrogen anyways.

Unless you have two valve cores and a way to suck one way and fill the other, you won’t get past that 79% mark anyways
I think you can, and without expensive machines producing pure nitrogen.

If indeed the oxygen molecules can migrate through the liner, and that's why tires needs to have air added every now and then, that added air will obviously also contain a high percentage of nitrogen.

But, the nitrogen level is already higher in the tire since some oxygen escaped but the nitrogen can't. Repeat the procedure as needed and at some point there should be nothing but nitrogen in there. For free.

I've been off-roading for a while, and have a fair idea of tire pressure requirements. But I just thought I would ask what other people are running with their TRX.

For my Jeep in Moab I run 10 to 13 psi.
For a dirt bike I ran 14 psi for rocky desert races, and 10 to 11 psi for sandy desert races.
For my UTV I run 10 to 13 psi

But for the TRX the speed is higher than my Jeep, and it doesn't have beadlocks like the UTV, or internal beadlocks like a bike.

For typical desert roads, with speeds from 20 to 90 mph I'm thinking 25 psi to 30 psi is about right. What do you say?
25 on the TRX is my 'go to', low 20's for our 4Runner (trails). Mostly fast desert washes/non-maintained roads.

Have a ViAir 450P compressor (with battery leads) which makes short work adjusting to street pressures after. Also carrying a 2nd TRX full size spare in the bed with 3t floor jack and related tools (strapped down under the bed cover with a large recovery bag). Nothing worse than needing to access the spare under the bed, always amplified by the terrain that caused the tire puncture/complete failure! :ROFLMAO:

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back