My Beast After 50,000 Miles

HeliPilot

TRX Addict
Gallery
Reaction score
Military
USAF
Just thought I’d post a couple pics showing how well my truck is wearing after 50k.

Attachments

• 1730EEE8-6438-4245-A6C8-24888BBA7293.jpeg
    1730EEE8-6438-4245-A6C8-24888BBA7293.jpeg
    402.1 KB · Views: 641
  • 694B0CDE-F341-41D6-952E-FA7D18351AD0.jpeg
    694B0CDE-F341-41D6-952E-FA7D18351AD0.jpeg
    532.2 KB · Views: 419
  • 52087E43-F54A-488A-99A1-4CBCF47AF75B.jpeg
    52087E43-F54A-488A-99A1-4CBCF47AF75B.jpeg
    337.3 KB · Views: 416
The post was more or less to help show what others can expect their interior to look like after some miles. I weigh in at 225 and I'm really impressed with how well it all looks.
Yeah, your interior and exterior looks like new!
My Dad has a F150 with 60K miles and the interior looks like a wild animal tore up the seats. The perforated leather is falling apart and the chrome is coming off the door releases, cutting peoples fingers. Big shout out to RAM on the interior!!!!!!!!!

Any secrets you can pass along, products used, etc? Looks fantastic!!

And obviously extra fast given the granite!
Fairly simple upkeep for me. I didn't bother with any special coatings, as I knew going in that I would be using this truck more than most would. I hand wash it with Palmolive and microfibre towels. I don't let the water dry on it if I can help it. I wipe down with microfibre after each wash. And I apply Lucas Slick Mist periodically with a microfibre towel. Interior is maintained with warm/hot water and Palmolive. Again, also applied and removed using microfibre towels. Outside of vacuuming, that's all I ever use to maintain my interior. I was really worried about the suede getting that dirty/matted look. The warm soapy solution has kept it looking like new. Extremely pleased with that particular result.

How many miles are you getting on a set of tires? I just hit 25k and am shocked how much tread I have left on the stock Goodyears.

How many miles are you getting on a set of tires? I just hit 25k and am shocked how much tread I have left on the stock Goodyears.
I’ve got about 25k on the Nitto Ridge Grapplers you see in the pics. I sold the oems after I took them off at 25k for $400. They still had plenty of life left.

Fairly simple upkeep for me. I didn't bother with any special coatings, as I knew going in that I would be using this truck more than most would. I hand wash it with Palmolive and microfibre towels. I don't let the water dry on it if I can help it. I wipe down with microfibre after each wash. And I apply Lucas Slick Mist periodically with a microfibre towel. Interior is maintained with warm/hot water and Palmolive. Again, also applied and removed using microfibre towels. Outside of vacuuming, that's all I ever use to maintain my interior. I was really worried about the suede getting that dirty/matted look. The warm soapy solution has kept it looking like new. Extremely pleased with that particular result.
I have always used Woolite mixed 1/10 with filtered water for all interior surfaces. My old detailer told me that is what he has used for 15 years and there isn't anything better. For the suede,he said to use the same mixture, just way less of it, wipe it with a clean microfiber towel and then use an upholstery brush to lift the hairs back up. The steering wheel on the AMG looks new after 4 years using this method.

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back