Mopar Tire Carrier - Underside Brackets?

skygoneblue

TRX Fan
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 TRX
Hey all, do any of you happen to know if it's possible to order just the three bracket pieces that go under the bed for the Mopar tire carrier install? I contacted BAM directly and asked about this part number, and they said they can't order it because it's only a post-production addon (huh?) Anywhere else I look online has it listed as a screw, nothing to do with this tire carrier kit.

1713517922904.png

(I am buying a carrier from a guy locally who had it taken off at the dealer, and the dealer didn't give him the brackets back with it. :rolleyes: )

Often the descriptions on these oddball parts are screwed (pun intended). It is listed for the carrier and the MSRP is $313, so I highly doubt it’s just a single screw as the title would imply.
IMG_8881.jpeg

If you order at a local dealer you can at least set eyes on it before taking it home. Might be the best option…

Hey all, do any of you happen to know if it's possible to order just the three bracket pieces that go under the bed for the Mopar tire carrier install? I contacted BAM directly and asked about this part number, and they said they can't order it because it's only a post-production addon (huh?) Anywhere else I look online has it listed as a screw, nothing to do with this tire carrier kit.

View attachment 127950

(I am buying a carrier from a guy locally who had it taken off at the dealer, and the dealer didn't give him the brackets back with it. :rolleyes: )
I bet the dealer/tech put the brackets and bolts back on the truck or there would be a bunch of holes in his bed. Ask me how I know😀

I bet the dealer/tech put the brackets and bolts back on the truck or there would be a bunch of holes in his bed. Ask me how I know😀

Oddly enough, it came with the bolts. My only guess is that the tech just left the brackets stuck under the bed or just failed to hear them clang against the floor somehow.

Oddly enough, it came with the bolts. My only guess is that the tech just left the brackets stuck under the bed or just failed to hear them clang against the floor somehow.
Now that's wierd.

So I just pulled my carrier out of storage and the nuts are welded to the brackets that go under the truck. My truck originally came with the tire carrier when sold new but when the previous owner traded it in it was missing but the brackets and bolts were installed in the bed still. I bought another carrier that came with brackets and bolts to use later on when I got some custom rims and tires. Long story short OP I may have a set of extra brackets that I can part with, I'll know for sure when I go to install the carrier. It's possible they just put a bolt and nut in the holes and there is no brackets under there, I'll have to look tomorrow.

So I just pulled my carrier out of storage and the nuts are welded to the brackets that go under the truck. My truck originally came with the tire carrier when sold new but when the previous owner traded it in it was missing but the brackets and bolts were installed in the bed still. I bought another carrier that came with brackets and bolts to use later on when I got some custom rims and tires. Long story short OP I may have a set of extra brackets that I can part with, I'll know for sure when I go to install the carrier. It's possible they just put a bolt and nut in the holes and there is no brackets under there, I'll have to look tomorrow.
Dude that would be amazing! I’ll send you a DM and we can figure it out.

For anyone with this issue in the future, the "screw kit" part number is exactly the brackets I was looking for - it's just a crappy description on most sites. I ordered them online for $100 less than the dealer wanted.

Back