🛠️ Staff member
2x TRX of the Month 🏆
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
TRX
Current Ride #2
TESLA Model 3 Performance
I’ve been receiving a lot of questions over my video in regards to the M&R fog light installation. Mike from M&R made a new video, that’s much more in depth and will hopefully answer any questions my video lacked.

As always, I’m here to help too.

Thanks,

Matt

Can you run the Amber DRL wiring to the factory fog button?
Yes, you can definitely do that. Most people run the amber to your DRL, and the main white beam to your fog lights.

If you decide to order, let me know I have a good discount code to use.

Thanks, Matt

Yes, you can definitely do that. Most people run the amber to your DRL, and the main white beam to your fog lights.

Thanks, Matt
Already ordered with your code man! Just waiting to have time to take it to the shop to install with some other lights. Just wanted to make sure I could tell them to run the Ambers to the DRLs. Thanks man!

Thank you Matt for the video. Super helpful!! I bought both the fog lights and the amber light bar. The bar is installed and looks amazing and hoping to install the fogs this weekend if times permits. Again thanks for superior products that we can use to deck out our TRX babies. 👍🏻😁

Thank you Matt for the video. Super helpful!! I bought both the fog lights and the amber light bar. The bar is installed and looks amazing and hoping to install the fogs this weekend if times permits. Again thanks for superior products that we can use to deck out our TRX babies. 👍🏻😁
Thanks Daren for the awesome feedback. Make sure to post up once you get it installed, and if you need any help along the way don’t hesitate to give me a call. As always it’s good to hear from you.

Matt

Thanks, Matt
Im looking to order those as well, mind sharing the discount? Thank you

Thanks, Matt
Do you have a write up or video on how to best wire the amber to DRL and main white to fog button since the video has instructions to the aux bottons but I’d rather not use them up currently.

Do you have a write up or video on how to best wire the amber to DRL and main white to fog button since the video has instructions to the aux bottons but I’d rather not use them up currently.
Following also

It’s super easy. Tap the background amber to your drl using a fuse tap.

Then use something like this -

To connect to the factory fog switch. The only thing with this, is the amber background will always be on.

Matt

It’s super easy. Tap the background amber to your drl using a fuse tap.

Then use something like this -

To connect to the factory fog switch. The only thing with this, is the amber background will always be on.

Matt
Perfect I already have all the marker lights on anyway with tazer and was hoping they would always be on amber so that’s awesome. Thanks for the help!

Perfect I already have all the marker lights on anyway with tazer and was hoping they would always be on amber so that’s awesome. Thanks for the help!
For sure bro. Post up photos once you have it installed.

For sure bro. Post up photos once you have it installed.
Gotta order them first haha. Was just making sure it was possible before I do. Considering getting the fogs and the light bar and doing them both at the same time. Would probably have to get the light bar amber running to DRL/always on too to achieve the look I want but excited to give it a shot here soon!

Gotta order them first haha. Was just making sure it was possible before I do. Considering getting the fogs and the light bar and doing them both at the same time. Would probably have to get the light bar amber running to DRL/always on too to achieve the look I want but excited to give it a shot here soon!
I have the fogs and bar behind the bumper and love them!

Before you order, send me a pm. I have a killer discount code for M&R.

Thanks,

Matt

So got a question on wiring. I want to wire the white light to fogs button and Amber to fuse tap 11. Since I’m a novice for electrical wanted to make sure things didn’t go sparkity spark when I did it.

So this is the stock fog connector

image.jpg

And the connector I bought is this one…

image.jpg

1- Which I believe is incorrect since they don’t connect and both appear to be the same (female I believe). So now I presume I need to buy an H11 foglight male harness instead like this one in the link below?

H11 male harness

IMG_0654.jpeg

And if that’s correct then to wire it…

2- Since the blue wire is ground on the fogs, and the H11 adapter has a black wire for ground then all 3 blue wires come together into the black wire of the adapter on each side

3- The brown is the positive wire for the white fogs so all 3 brown wires come together into the red wire of the adapter on each side

4- The male adapters can how be plugged into the oem female fog connections on both sides.

5- That then leaves yellow as the positive wire for amber backglow so all 3 yellow wires come together on each side, then find some wire extension to bring both sides (6 yellow wires total) together (maybe using one of the wires on the Y wiring harness that comes with the fogs) into the 1 red wire on fusetap 11?

6- In the end what’s leftover is the 2 grounding cables since the grounds are connected to the fog adapter and 1 of the 2 long Y connector wires since it’s just needed for amber backglow?

7- As for then wiring the light bar the black ground goes to a grounding point and red goes to whichever Aux I want to use which is easy enough

8- and then to have the lightbar amber backglow running with the fogs backglow, I would connect the blue wire from the light bar also into the wire that has the 6 incoming yellow wires of the fogs all together in one bundle to the one red wire on fusetap 11?

9- keep the oem fuse on fusetap 11?

I numbered some of my sections up there so that if I’m doing something blatantly wrong it’ll be easier to name a step to tell me where I’m wrong.

Thanks for all the help guys.

@DIABLOPOWER702

Last edited:
Before splicing/connecting to per #2 verify the polarity from the Amazon connector lines up with the truck connector. Other than that the rest looks good to me

Before splicing/connecting to per #2 verify the polarity from the Amazon connector lines up with the truck connector. Other than that the rest looks good to me
Ok sweet thanks!

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back