Limited Slip Additives when changing rear diff fluid

OZ_TRX

TRX Junkie
TRX of the Month 🏆
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 TRX Granite Crystal lvl 2
Hey fellas, I plan to change the fluid in the diffs and tcase this weekend. I’ve read through several threads about it and watched @PotterTRX ‘s video on it a while back. I plan to use amsoil for the front and rear and I have the Mopar borg Warner fluid on hand for the tcase. For those of you that used the 75w-140 amsoil for the rear diff, did you add any of the limited slip additive (MS-10111) that is mentioned on amsoils site? Thanks in advance
1708010181764.jpeg

We have an electronic locker, not limited slip. No friction modifier required, although most gear oils have some in it (including that Amsoil).
Thanks. I’m aware that I have an e-locker haha was just curious if there was some additive in the factory fluid that the amsoil is lacking, although that’s probably the other way around. I know you’re a redline guy. No issues with their diff fluid?

Thanks. I’m aware that I have an e-locker haha was just curious if there was some additive in the factory fluid that the amsoil is lacking, although that’s probably the other way around. I know you’re a redline guy. No issues with their diff fluid?
Yeah, it’s the other way around. Ram likes charging an extra 20 bucks for additives that come standard in most aftermarket lubes.

No issues with the Red Line. I’ve had it in the front diff since 500 miles. Rear diff not quite as long. There was some misinformation a couple years ago about what grade was required so I incorrectly ran 75w90 back there at first. No harm done though.

The Amsoil is really good too and the squeeze bags are definitely easier than the Red Line bottles (that no gear oil pump fits correctly).

The Amsoil is really good too and the squeeze bags are definitely easier than the Red Line bottles (that no gear oil pump fits correctly).

Been using pumps like that with Red Line products for 20 years. Just fyi !

Been using pumps like that with Red Line products for 20 years. Just fyi !
I’ll have to give that a try. I like the pumps that thread onto the bottle (for outboards, etc) but none of them screw onto the goofball Red Line quarts so I wind up just dangling them in there.

Running same oil in diffs.

No limited slip.zero chatter.
You will notice locker engages smoother too with the amsoil change

Running same oil in diffs.

No limited slip.zero chatter.
You will notice locker engages smoother too with the amsoil change
Why is that possible?

Im not sure but mine is super smooth now.

With the factory oil it was a rough feeling. Almost like a clunck feeling.

Weird... Was your first driveline fluids change?

Nope driveline has never had an issue.
I changed
Every oil fluid to amsoil and have zero issues.

Nope driveline has never had an issue.
I changed
Every oil fluid to amsoil and have zero issues.
But it was your first fluid change?

Oh yea forst fluid chang.
Did oil, diffs and tcase at 501 miles.

Transmission i did around 1000 miles

Back