TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 TREX-Red
Current Ride #2
2014 Cadillac ATS 2.0T
Military
LEO

has anyone here installed the JMB CAI? i was wondering how it affected engine temps. I've been reading some reviews that were saying it wasn't nearly as effective compared to the stock intake but damn does it bring out that supercharger whine 🔥

has anyone here installed the JMB CAI? i was wondering how it affected engine temps. I've been reading some reviews that were saying it wasn't nearly as effective compared to the stock intake but damn does it bring out that supercharger whine 🔥
The video you posted is a forum member so yes. Reach out to @PotterTRX that’s his video.

That was installed on my buddie's truck, we need to make a follow up video but he is seeing around 10 degrees hotter intake temps with the JMB intake while driving. Not a huge increase but the noise is pretty awesome!
that video sold me on the JMB

I’ve got it on mine and I love it. Those that have it installed, anyone else have an occasional CEL come on about intake air temp being high?

Has anyone got this intake and cut a portion of the plastic behind the grill for better airflow?
I was wondering the same thing, I was wanting to do that to mine if it’s not a pain in the ass

Has anyone got this intake and cut a portion of the plastic behind the grill for better airflow?
be careful as that might invite more lift on the front end.

We have a local customer that has one. He took it off due to the amount of heat he was seeing. Granted, we are in Florida.

We have a local customer that has one. He took it off due to the amount of heat he was seeing. Granted, we are in Florida.
No kidding? I’m in Texas and haven’t seen but a few degrees uptick in my IAT’s, 3-10 degrees max. The 10 degrees was also on a 114 degree day in West Texas at work. Maybe he had the sensor in sideways blocking air-flow?

This is what mine sounds like in the cab with my JMB Air Intake installed. I also have the QTP electric cut-outs installed and you can STILL hear that sweet whine over the exhaust note. If you’re on the fence about it, go ahead and jump over. 😂

Last edited:
No kidding? I’m in Texas and haven’t seen but a few degrees uptick in my IAT’s, 3-10 degrees max. The 10 degrees was also on a 114 degree day in West Texas at work. Maybe he had the sensor in sideways blocking air-flow?
Considering this is the same customer that said he wasn't doing anything to his TRX, it's possible

IAT1 or IAT2? The value on the dash is not the intake temperature prior to the blower taken from the intake but actually after the IC bricks and average of the two going into the cylinders.

That thing is going to heat soak like a mutha fuggar

IAT1 or IAT2? The value on the dash is not the intake temperature prior to the blower taken from the intake but actually after the IC bricks and average of the two going into the cylinders.
So the digital IAT gauge under your performance settings is an average of two IAT sensors? Thanks for the heads up! I didn’t know that.

So the digital IAT gauge under your performance settings is an average of two IAT sensors? Thanks for the heads up! I didn’t know that.
If it’s setup the same as other HCs, then it’s the average of the two IAT sensors that are post-intercooler brick and pre cylinder. Nothing to do with the IAT1 sensor that is attached to the intake.

Is anyone running this intake with supercharger spacers? Wondering if I'll have fitment issues after installing FI's 1" blower spacers.

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back