Issue with Shipper

Ramtuf, I feel I should explain this to you as well as others here to aid in any questions someone could have about this.

This price was the way it was for a couple of reasons : amount of available vehicles in this lane, wages for drivers are high out east right now, out east has a lot more tolls, and a few other factors. NY, NJ, MA, CT, and Long Island are always some of the highest paid lanes because of the demand for drivers. There are a lot easier lanes for drivers to run than these so they do get compensated different. Also on short mileage trips you have to understand we use smaller trailers. So while we go out east for a 1,600 mile trip we use 9 car trailers, so we have 9 customers all paying for the trip. Something 300 miles may be moved with a 3 car or 5 car trailer. Meaning less customers are contributing to the drivers total trip pay. Also, no matter the mileage the driver still has time at weigh stations, loading each vehicle, and unloading each vehicle. Sometimes we get stuck at places hours at a time waiting for a vehicle to be ready or for someone to be home. Time is money.

Everyone on this forum please understand rates are not only determined by mileage but based on lots of other factors as well. Some lanes will be 60 cents per mile, and others $2 per mile. These lanes and prices are also always fluctuating kind of like the stock market. It is based on volume, gas prices, demand, and lots of things. Hopefully this clears up some conversations on pricing.

Kind Regards,
Jaron
As a retired over the road truck driver, what Jaron is saying is very true. I used to despise hauling loads to or from northeast. Just not worth the hassle and headache

Back