Interior Swapping

Svaultblitz7

TRX Member
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2024 TRX Final Edition (Harvest Orange)
I want/need that RHO interior in my Final Edition..
Kinda sad that very little extra went into making the Final Edition stand out from the average Stage 2 TRX.. Out side of a badge and the instrument cluster, the differences are moot!
Is it possible to just order and swap the RHO's massaging seats, the passenger screen and the 14-1/2" center screen Into my TRX?! Because I'm considering all kinds of crazy stuff, like possibly trading.. I won't, because I mean.. Vroom Vroom matters! But so do massaging seats.

Please help I'm going insane with 'FoMo'!!!

To answer you honestly. Not much is known yet about what we can retro fit in to our trucks yet. I have been reading about the electrical being different. Not sure what that really means. I know once some RHO touch ground there will be some mad scientists on here seeing what we can retro.

But on another thought, the larger screen does not look to make more space for each of the screens. It just seems to expand the on screen buttons at the bottom. So essentially the useable screen may be the same as what we have.

Passenger side screen, what does that even do? I drive alot and alone so for me it is useless.

Massaging seats, do you really need it? Is it really that important? When I first got my 21 TRX I wanted every option even the reverse steering anf towimg options. No blank spots. But honestly I will never tow. Same with sunroof, me personally I have never opened mine. I would never need it. I rather save the weight. But these are all personal preference.

Kinda sad that very little extra went into making the Final Edition stand out from the average Stage 2 TRX.. Out side of a badge and the instrument cluster, the differences are moot!
Is it possible to just order and swap the RHO's massaging seats, the passenger screen and the 14-1/2" center screen Into my TRX?! Because I'm considering all kinds of crazy stuff, like possibly trading.. I won't, because I mean.. Vroom Vroom matters! But so do massaging seats.

1714236939383.gif

To answer you honestly. Not much is known yet about what we can retro fit in to our trucks yet. I have been reading about the electrical being different. Not sure what that really means. I know once some RHO touch ground there will be some mad scientists on here seeing what we can retro.

But on another thought, the larger screen does not look to make more space for each of the screens. It just seems to expand the on screen buttons at the bottom. So essentially the useable screen may be the same as what we have.

Passenger side screen, what does that even do? I drive alot and alone so for me it is useless.

Massaging seats, do you really need it? Is it really that important? When I first got my 21 TRX I wanted every option even the reverse steering anf towimg options. No blank spots. But honestly I will never tow. Same with sunroof, me personally I have never opened mine. I would never need it. I rather save the weight. But these are all personal preference.
You're right, it's my immature FoMo kicking in, besides they are still going to make another TRX, probably not next year but the following year we'll most likely get some crazy iteration of a plug-in hybrid most likely, but the TRX making a return is guaranteed!
That's why trading would be a terrible idea, if I were to trade, the following year the upgrade will come out, then next year another upgrade.. it's never ending, just gotta be blessed for what I already have lol.. thank you for the advice!

Few questions… what’s the “average stage 2”?
You knew what the final edition was before you bought it presumably, so how are you disappointed it’s just a console badge and in some cases an exterior color?
Does your instrument cluster do a different startup splash? Is that what you mean by instrument cluster?
The new ram is barely out, nobody will know for a while what is reverse compatible and what is not.
Massaging seats are nice but not something I would say are a must, kinda like soft close doors, I do enjoy them but if my next car didn’t have it I wouldn’t really care.

If it was reversed and the RHO came out first with the current trx tech. Then a redesign happened and they introduced a trx with all the new interior I could definitely see the want. I think the newer truck will definitely be nice, but I’m fine without having a passenger screen considering I’m in the drivers seat.

Few questions… what’s the “average stage 2”?
You knew what the final edition was before you bought it presumably, so how are you disappointed it’s just a console badge and in some cases an exterior color?
Does your instrument cluster do a different startup splash? Is that what you mean by instrument cluster?
The new ram is barely out, nobody will know for a while what is reverse compatible and what is not.
Massaging seats are nice but not something I would say are a must, kinda like soft close doors, I do enjoy them but if my next car didn’t have it I wouldn’t really care.

If it was reversed and the RHO came out first with the current trx tech. Then a redesign happened and they introduced a trx with all the new interior I could definitely see the want. I think the newer truck will definitely be nice, but I’m fine without having a passenger screen considering I’m in the drivers seat.
The average stage 2 is THE stage 2 TRX lol..
And of course knew what I was getting! I dropped $144,000, if somebody does that without doing at the least a months worth of research on something then they're doing better than I am financially lol. I'm disappointed because the tech they used on the RHO was available to them and they could have at least given the Final Edition the passenger screen instead of the second glove box, and by Instrument cluster I mean whats labeled instrument cluster in the book on most vehicles, the speed-o, the tach, etc.. The Final Edition at least got the same as the RHO in that department.
But my main point in posting was literally just asking if retro-fitting is a thing with this stuff or if it's virtually impossible to change things up later, I've seen people on here asking about swapping their small screens for the large screen from the stage 2, or their physical instrument cluster for the digital one, mines digital and does a special little intro for the Final Edition, and yeah it did come in a special color, Thank God lol.

For the sake of clarity, I am NOT actually wanting to trade for a TT I-6 version of my truck, just want those added features if possible when the truck/parts become available..
Thank You for your input!

I haven’t dug deep into what may work and what may not. For one, there’s really no point yet since the parts ain’t gonna be available for awhile. And two…I’m not sure I really want any of it anyway.

I’ve done pretty well keeping my 2021 up with the times through various retrofits but I knew there would come a day where it’s just not possible anymore. With the new CAN protocol on the 2025s, that day is likely now. And that’s fine. It’s a cool truck and always will be.

IF any of it will ever work you can expect absolutely zero help from any dealer, you can expect to pay a lot for the parts, and you can expect to bang your head against the wall a whole lot to get it working. I mean, I spent weeks fucking with my 2021 to get a 2023 cluster working properly and I still don’t have shift lights. None of this stuff is ever easy.

And of course knew what I was getting! I dropped $144,000, if somebody does that without doing at the least a months worth of research on something then they're doing better than I am financially lol. I'm disappointed because the tech they used on the RHO was available to them and they could have at least given the Final Edition the passenger screen instead of the second glove box, and by Instrument cluster I mean whats labeled instrument cluster in the book on most vehicles, the speed-o, the tach, etc.. The Final Edition at least got the same as the RHO in that department.
But my main point in posting was literally just asking if retro-fitting is a thing with this stuff or if it's virtually impossible to change things up later, I've seen people on here asking about swapping their small screens for the large screen from the stage 2, or their physical instrument cluster for the digital one, mines digital and does a special little intro for the Final Edition, and yeah it did come in a special color, Thank God lol.

For the sake of clarity, I am NOT actually wanting to trade for a TT I-6 version of my truck, just want those added features if possible when the truck/parts become available..
yikes..... lets unpack this.

I believe when you are saying "stage 2" you mean level 2?
you dropped 144........ double yikes ( I say that because of all the ones the dealer forums are advertising for at or below sticker)
The instrument cluster is the same as any 23 and 24, nothing special about it on the final edition unfortunately other than the splash screen.

As said earlier in the thread, adding those options to yours would be the same as lighting money on fire, it will add zero value but cost thousands.

I am going to recommend some hobbies, so you dont have FoMo with your TRX.
Buy a KX450F and a trailer, get your buddies to buy dirt bikes as well. Hit the single track trails and local motocross track on a regular basis. Remember when you are flying through the air over a double whoop, tap the rear brake to bring the nose down.
Your in TX, so buy a 2015 GMC Sierra pickup, remove all the suspension, build a full tube under chassis and attach it to the frame. Build a four link off road racing suspension with a couple of Rockwell 5 ton military axles and 6' tall mud/bog - tractor tires, finish it off with at Pat Musi racing engine. Hit the mud bog rally days.
Buy a C7 Z06, with the goal of making it into a 200+ MPH flying mile car. Cuz, you would be in an elite group of people who have gone over 200 MPH in a near factory car. Install a bigger Whipple blower, get a tune and sign up for the Top Speed runs at the local air strip (they close the air strip for those runs).
You can buy a used Cigarette 38 Top Gun for about $200K with the twin Mercury 1350/1100 HP racing engines with twin Arneson surface drives, attack the ocean like there is no tomorrow and scare the living shit out of all your passengers (super fun).
Did I miss anything???

I am going to recommend some hobbies, so you dont have FoMo with your TRX.
Buy a KX450F and a trailer, get your buddies to buy dirt bikes as well. Hit the single track trails and local motocross track on a regular basis. Remember when you are flying through the air over a double whoop, tap the rear brake to bring the nose down.
Your in TX, so buy a 2015 GMC Sierra pickup, remove all the suspension, build a full tube under chassis and attach it to the frame. Build a four link off road racing suspension with a couple of Rockwell 5 ton military axles and 6' tall mud/bog - tractor tires, finish it off with at Pat Musi racing engine. Hit the mud bog rally days.
Buy a C7 Z06, with the goal of making it into a 200+ MPH flying mile car. Cuz, you would be in an elite group of people who have gone over 200 MPH in a near factory car. Install a bigger Whipple blower, get a tune and sign up for the Top Speed runs at the local air strip (they close the air strip for those runs).
You can buy a used Cigarette 38 Top Gun for about $200K with the twin Mercury 1350/1100 HP racing engines with twin Arneson surface drives, attack the ocean like there is no tomorrow and scare the living shit out of all your passengers (super fun).
Did I miss anything???
Some.good advice in here...spend $ on other shit..reviews on the pass screen were not great and who really cares about the passenger...you can just talk to them instead of them streaming whatever....massaging seats..meh...had em in one of my Mercedes...used them twice I think..your truck your money...once the RHOs start hitting dealers, the options you're looking for should start becoming available ...good luck!

The only thing I like is the passenger touch display..the new center stack screen is also nice. I’m sure it would be a pita to retro it since all the wiring is probably different for the RHO😕 I hope I’m wrong cus I want those two lol

Don’t we already have that? I’ve got a spot for two phones in my TRX.
There are spots for 2 phones but only the left side charges. My wife's phone seemingly is perpetually below 5% so she demands the charger. All while my phone is connected to android auto and is draining the battery faster than the TRX drains its fuel tank

Bro, you got fleeced. 💯💯💯 you’re not getting the tech of the new RHO, it’s not as simple as plug and play. Keep your 702 HO, or settle for the 530 HP for the upgrades.

There are spots for 2 phones but only the left side charges. My wife's phone seemingly is perpetually below 5% so she demands the charger. All while my phone is connected to android auto and is draining the battery faster than the TRX drains its fuel tank
I just went out and looked at the truck and you’re 100% correct. I never use the wireless because phones get too hot.

You lost me at $144,000 for a TRX…

$144K?! You could have bought two RHO's.

Unless those seats massage my balls I want nothing to do with the RHO. Passenger screen? C'mon man. Get a grip.

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back