Insurance rates bumped, RAM sharing your info

Since mine is a 2021 that I converted to 2023 UC5, I have no telematics box and everything else works great. If I did have a 2022+ I’d probably get rid of the telematics anyway. Doesn’t really sit well with me.
Is this the solution to preventing any data being collected? Or is deleting the app sufficient? Or alternatively reaching out to FCA per the below.....

I also got the prompt to accept the updated privacy rules when I just opened the app. I went browsing the documents they want you to read and approve, which are very long, but I stumbled on a few things....

1. They very clearly state they're using personal identification data such as name, address, email, account names, IP addresses, VINs and even SSN!
2. They very clearly stat they're collecting vehicle driving data, precise geolocation data, biometrics, network activity, mobile app activity etcetera
3. They're making sales with the data to third party companies, I didn't get a screenshot but can only assume it could include insurance companies.
4. CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS FINALLY HAVE A BENEFIT -- CA Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and "Shine the light" law. CCPA allows CA residents to opt out of sale/sharing of information. You can also request the deletion of any data collected and know what data has been collected. You can also request a copy annually of what data has been collected on you and shared by FCA.

One thing I'm unclear on is if we opt out of these services, does that mean we no longer receive over the air software updates to things like UConnect?

1710949848460.png

Is this the solution to preventing any data being collected? Or is deleting the app sufficient? Or alternatively reaching out to FCA per the below.....

I also got the prompt to accept the updated privacy rules when I just opened the app. I went browsing the documents they want you to read and approve, which are very long, but I stumbled on a few things....

1. They very clearly state they're using personal identification data such as name, address, email, account names, IP addresses, VINs and even SSN!
2. They very clearly stat they're collecting vehicle driving data, precise geolocation data, biometrics, network activity, mobile app activity etcetera
3. They're making sales with the data to third party companies, I didn't get a screenshot but can only assume it could include insurance companies.
4. CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS FINALLY HAVE A BENEFIT -- CA Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and "Shine the light" law. CCPA allows CA residents to opt out of sale/sharing of information. You can also request the deletion of any data collected and know what data has been collected. You can also request a copy annually of what data has been collected on you and shared by FCA.

One thing I'm unclear on is if we opt out of these services, does that mean we no longer receive over the air software updates to things like UConnect?

View attachment 125784
Thanks for digging that out! I know the rest of us are guilty of just accepting and moving on - then griping when it turns out we did something stupid - and I am definitely including myself. And I'm in technology :cautious:

I don't know if I'd trust that article. There's no way anyone is paying $205 per month to insure that ugly ass Nissan Titan. $214 per month for a TRX seems like the upper end, not the average. My rate is just about 1/3 of that.

I got a quote from state farm. I figured maybe I could save a little money by switching. $220 a month no thanks lol wtf. Their homeowners came up cheaper than mine though.

I got a quote from state farm. I figured maybe I could save a little money by switching. $220 a month no thanks lol wtf. Their homeowners came up cheaper than mine though.
Thats the primary reason I just ditched State Farm and switched to USAA. State Farm used to be one of the cheapest in the midwest, and now they seem to be right up there with everyone else. I figured if I am paying this kind of money, I might as well go for a better rated provider.

If you think the TRX is hard to insure in the 'ol USA, do a search on Range Rover insurance in the UK! Many owners are finding they are unable to get or renew insurance for their Rovers at any price. Resale value of Range Rovers have dropped 50% in some cases in just a few months because so many owners are just turning them back in to the dealer or finance company.

Thats the primary reason I just ditched State Farm and switched to USAA. State Farm used to be one of the cheapest in the midwest, and now they seem to be right up there with everyone else. I figured if I am paying this kind of money, I might as well go for a better rated provider.
State farm called me this morning saying I could knock 40 dollars off their quote if I add their safe driving app. Hard pass.

Thanks for digging that out! I know the rest of us are guilty of just accepting and moving on - then griping when it turns out we did something stupid - and I am definitely including myself. And I'm in technology :cautious:
Just submitted the email request for the CA "shine the light law", and then called the stelantis privacy portal phone number to request the rights to "opt out", "delete", "know/access". They claim they'll be emailing me when the request goes through. We'll see how this plays out.

Mine is close at $183 per month. I have a perfect driving record for the last 10 years or so. No tickets or accidents, but I live in NY.
Same but got bumped up for NY. Due to the supplemental spouse liability law.

Last edited:
Just submitted the email request for the CA "shine the light law", and then called the stelantis privacy portal phone number to request the rights to "opt out", "delete", "know/access". They claim they'll be emailing me when the request goes through. We'll see how this plays out.
Keep us updated. What was the number you called to opt out?

Keep us updated. What was the number you called to opt out?
I emailed dprivacy@stellantis.com for the shine the light law request and then called the 866-221-6871 to invoke the “opt out”, “limit use”, “right to know” and “delete” rights. You can do those through the portal, but it’s tedious so I just called and they submitted them for me. I got email confirmations same day. But those emails are just saying they’ve received the request and to confirm my email address. Supposed to take like 10-15 business days. We’ll see how this goes….

I emailed dprivacy@stellantis.com for the shine the light law request and then called the 866-221-6871 to invoke the “opt out”, “limit use”, “right to know” and “delete” rights. You can do those through the portal, but it’s tedious so I just called and they submitted them for me. I got email confirmations same day. But those emails are just saying they’ve received the request and to confirm my email address. Supposed to take like 10-15 business days. We’ll see how this goes….
Nice, thanks for the procedure. Not living in California, I'll see if I can sneak in there lol

Back