IGLA vs Ghost II

Greg01

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
Ram 1500 Sport
Hey guys,

I've been wanting to get IGLA installed on my truck but have been hesitant. The nearest installer for me is about 3 hours away and across the border. I don't mind going there to get it installed. My worry is if I run into issues later on and having to take the truck back. I vaguely remember reading a post a long time ago where one of the buttons someone was using for the pin code stopped working so they had to have their truck towed to the dealership because they couldn't disable the IGLA system.

Do people run into a lot of issues with the system not working properly down the road? If there are common issues, can they be fixed without having to take the truck to the installer? Could I run into a situation where I can't drive the truck because of an issue with the IGLA system and I would have to get it towed 3 hours to the installer because no one local can fix the IGLA?

While researching, I also came across the Autowatch Ghost II immobilizer. Seems like it is similar to the IGLA? Anyone know much about this thing and how it compares to IGLA?

Thank you!

I've had igla installed for months now, zero issues. My installer is 4 hours away.
I've not heard anything about ghost.

Hey guys,

I've been wanting to get IGLA installed on my truck but have been hesitant. The nearest installer for me is about 3 hours away and across the border. I don't mind going there to get it installed. My worry is if I run into issues later on and having to take the truck back. I vaguely remember reading a post a long time ago where one of the buttons someone was using for the pin code stopped working so they had to have their truck towed to the dealership because they couldn't disable the IGLA system.

Do people run into a lot of issues with the system not working properly down the road? If there are common issues, can they be fixed without having to take the truck to the installer? Could I run into a situation where I can't drive the truck because of an issue with the IGLA system and I would have to get it towed 3 hours to the installer because no one local can fix the IGLA?

While researching, I also came across the Autowatch Ghost II immobilizer. Seems like it is similar to the IGLA? Anyone know much about this thing and how it compares to IGLA?

Thank you!
IGLA has been flawless for almost three months for me. So easy, and remote start still working helps in these 107 degree Texas summer days.

Just remember to do your double tap of start button without foot on the brake before entering PIN code. Perfect operation.

And the FOB has been perfect too. Just carry it in a different pocket, and then if jacked, you can turn the truck off with a button press, hand them your keys if threatened, and then start running. (To get far enough away to find cover before counterattacking, or to simply watch them struggle to get it into gear....) Definitely a great way to avoid shooting, or getting shot while securing your truck.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

Thank you!
I have yet to personally experience the IGLA or Compustar but, @Air’d outSRT can answer any and all questions you may have regarding your concerns. Perhaps he can even answer your questions about Autowatch.

Hey guys,

Thank you!
Good evening, it says “from Vancouver BC” so assume you are in BC and the installer you are referring to is in Lacey Washington.
I didn’t see a post about buttons not working and having to get it towed, that isn’t necessary at all and you can still start your vehicle with the IGLA fob or simply get the IGLA emergency pin change card that comes with it and do the emergency pin change procedure and simply make another pin. It involves the brake pedal and the throttle so I am not sure why they would need it towed to a dealership when they can do absolutely nothing to IGLA to make it start and they could have just made a new pin in less than a minute.
As for the Autowatch Ghost, that is actually IGLA and is the name of it in the UK market. Exact same product made in the exact same place in Slovenia and just labeled for their market.
IGLA itself wouldn’t totally disable a vehicle, if something happened to IGLA it simply wouldn’t work and can just drive it.
I actually tell each customer when they are making the initial pin code that dodge/ram/jeep ect are known to have the paddle shifters do the opposite for some reason so if they choose to use them for the pin and you press + it might actually do - so the pin won’t take and then would need to do the emergency pin change procedure on the card. I then walk them through it and then show then it says it on the actual card.
If you have any other questions don’t hesitate to ask.
Josh

IGLA has been flawless for almost three months for me. So easy, and remote start still working helps in these 107 degree Texas summer days.

Just remember to do your double tap of start button without foot on the brake before entering PIN code. Perfect operation.

And the FOB has been perfect too. Just carry it in a different pocket, and then if jacked, you can turn the truck off with a button press, hand them your keys if threatened, and then start running. (To get far enough away to find cover before counterattacking, or to simply watch them struggle to get it into gear....) Definitely a great way to avoid shooting, or getting shot while securing your truck.
I have been helping develop some neat features on the IGLA Compass gps tracking add on for the IGLA Alarm we install. Currently there is one in California and one in my SRT Jeep. There is a feature called “engine block” that makes it not start even further than just IGLA. You can have the IGLA fob or pin code and it will not start with it activated in the app. If your vehicle is running and you activate it then it will lock the shifter on most mopars including the trx. Other makes and models it will do engine shutdown ect. Its a slow process but I am trying to get all these high theft vehicles protected even further. There are a couple other even better features in the works so can’t spill too much 😁

Hey guys,

Thank you!
Oh, sorry, thought I mentioned it when talking about the autowatch ghost, its an older IGLA model, older chipset and no IGLA fobs.

Thank you for all the responses! Makes me feel better about getting IGLA

Hey guys,

Thank you!
I have considered an immobilizer for both trucks and never installed one. Instead, I pull the starter fuse. Other considerations I have to make are inconvenient but leave little risk to the truck being stolen, like, don’t drive it to the airport, the mall, sketchy parking and streets, etc. It’s not difficult to pull the fuse and forget the installation considerations.

I have considered an immobilizer for both trucks and never installed one. Instead, I pull the starter fuse. Other considerations I have to make are inconvenient but leave little risk to the truck being stolen, like, don’t drive it to the airport, the mall, sketchy parking and streets, etc. It’s not difficult to pull the fuse and forget the installation considerations.
Can only pull it so many times before the fuse socket is worn though, also doesn’t stop deleting and making of fobs

Can only pull it so many times before the fuse socket is worn though, also doesn’t stop deleting and making of fobs
No, it doesn’t. It’s a deterrent. It’s enough to make a second guess and possibly move on.

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back