HUD Issue - changes brightness on its own

JKMTRX

TRX Fiend
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
23 TRX
Hey for the last two weeks my HUD is randomly changing the brightness on its own (it changes based of light). If it is in direct sunlight it is very bright, any shade and slowly dims. I have the brightness all the way up, at night i can barely see it. I did some research and changed driving profiles to see if it would change anything, no luck. Anyone have this issue? I will eventually bring into the dealership, but wondering it anyone else had an issue with a 2023 Level 2 and the HUD? Not sure if its a software or sensor issue.

If you have it turned all the way up and its still dim, that is a problem. Someone else posted about a similar or same issue not too long ago. Take it in

It's actually you wearing your sunglasses or any type of glasses that will limit the light the brightness

Haha i am not that thick! Who wears sunglasses at night? I do wear polarized sunglasses and took them off as soon as i noticed it was gone. At night its very faint, but can see it. I don't think its an electrical issue because it always has power, think its more programming or sensor issue.

Hey for the last two weeks my HUD is randomly changing the brightness on its own (it changes based of light). If it is in direct sunlight it is very bright, any shade and slowly dims. I have the brightness all the way up, at night i can barely see it. I did some research and changed driving profiles to see if it would change anything, no luck. Anyone have this issue? I will eventually bring into the dealership, but wondering it anyone else had an issue with a 2023 Level 2 and the HUD? Not sure if its a software or sensor issue.
Happened to me nearly 2 weeks ago, it got fixed the other day by itself. Try to do 2 full sleep cycle it may help this is how you do it.

turn the ignition off, open and close the driver’s door and wait for the dash to go dark, then turn the ignition on (not the engine) and repeat once more.

Happened to me nearly 2 weeks ago, it got fixed the other day by itself. Try to do 2 full sleep cycle it may help this is how you do it.

turn the ignition off, open and close the driver’s door and wait for the dash to go dark, then turn the ignition on (not the engine) and repeat once more.
Tried that twice, and no luck. Will need to bring it in.

Haha i am not that thick! Who wears sunglasses at night? I do wear polarized sunglasses and took them off as soon as i noticed it was gone. At night its very faint, but can see it. I don't think its an electrical issue because it always has power, think its more programming or sensor issue.

So i guess there was a update that didn't go through on my u-connect. After updated it fixed itself.

My 24 is doing this exact thing. I have the latest software version, but my hud disappears when the ambient light gets to a certain level and will not return until daylight returns.

LOL,
I tried this last night thinking "it's worth a shot..." and wouldn't you know it? It worked! Whether it remains fixed is another matter, but for the moment it was the only thing that actually made the HUD reappear.

You have my sincere thanks Good Sir! 😃

LOL,
I tried this last night thinking "it's worth a shot..." and wouldn't you know it? It worked! Whether it remains fixed is another matter, but for the moment it was the only thing that actually made the HUD reappear.

You have my sincere thanks Good Sir! 😃
Yes, it's a glitch, and this method fixed almost every glitch in RAM trucks. You’re welcome 🫡

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back