Hellwig install on a 2022

I have my bar leveled and the rear fender height measures aprox 1/2" lower than it was prior to the install. The truck looks level now but I actually prefer the rake on this truck.

Are you guys getting similar results? I could lengthen my end links to get it back to stock height I believe, but then the bar would not be level. Thoughts? Thanks

I didn't measure but I definitely have the factory rake which I'm going to put a 1.5" level kit on to reduce. 1/2" shouldn't be visible enough to decern a change in the rake.

I didn't measure but I definitely have the factory rake which I'm going to put a 1.5" level kit on to reduce. 1/2" shouldn't be visible enough to decern a change in the rake.
you currently have a 1.5" rake? I had exactly 1" rake prior to the install. I do have a retrax which might have sat it down a bit. Its visibly noticeable, even a buddy came by (he has a TRX) and asked if I had anything in the bed since the truck looked level.

Yes, at least that.

I have my bar leveled and the rear fender height measures aprox 1/2" lower than it was prior to the install. The truck looks level now but I actually prefer the rake on this truck.

Are you guys getting similar results? I could lengthen my end links to get it back to stock height I believe, but then the bar would not be level. Thoughts? Thanks
A sway bar will not change vehicle height on flat ground. Try disconnecting the bar or changing the bar angle, it will not affect height.

A sway bar will not change vehicle height on flat ground. Try disconnecting the bar or changing the bar angle, it will not affect height.
That’s what I thought too but once it was installed the fender height measurement changed. I measured exactly the same way and in the same spot in my garage.

Multiple ‘21s that had the lean became even once they installed the sway bar (butter da great) for example pointed this out in his video) so it does/can pull it down.

Last edited:
Following. About to start the install on my 22. Probably just get the 4 holes drilled today, throw some paint on them, and get to everything else tomorrow afternoon. I'll add another post once it's in with my thoughts!

Following. About to start the install on my 22. Probably just get the 4 holes drilled today, throw some paint on them, and get to everything else tomorrow afternoon. I'll add another post once it's in with my thoughts!
you will really like the improvement!

if you don't mind, can you take before and after fender height measurements AND the length of your end links you set them at (just let me know how you measured so I can compare).

Thanks!

you will really like the improvement!

if you don't mind, can you take before and after fender height measurements AND the length of your end links you set them at (just let me know how you measured so I can compare).

Thanks!
Installed. Little bit of a pain, but not too bad. I ended up making spacer brackets first - 0.52" thick. Then mounted the end links and got them perfectly even L/R. Hung the bar (bolts semi-tight). Lined everything up and then measured where I wanted to drill the holes. Just got back from a test drive and everything is quiet and feels solid - even just bombing around the industrial park my shop is located in, I can already feel it. Looking forward to the highway drive home haha.

Measurements:

End links (bolt center to center): 14.75" - I might tweak this a little.
I couldn't safely get the rear wheels off the ground to make the axle fully droop, but definitely close. And the bar wasn't even close to touching the lower spring perch or anything it shouldn't touch. I'll get it on a lift in the near future just to be sure.

Ride height before install (stock level 2, without rambar or bed mounted tire carrier, gas tank 3/4 full, spare tire, and tires at 35-36psi). The ground was fairly "level"

FL: 40.0"
FR: 39.8"
RL: 41.15"
RR: 41.0"

After: Honestly, any change was nominal. Maybe 1/8" at the MOST. And even though I did go on a test drive after messing around with the floor jack, any height difference is probably still just the suspension re-settling.

Attachments

• IMG_3884.jpg
    IMG_3884.jpg
    364.8 KB · Views: 84
Installed. Little bit of a pain, but not too bad. I ended up making spacer brackets first - 0.52" thick. Then mounted the end links and got them perfectly even L/R. Hung the bar (bolts semi-tight). Lined everything up and then measured where I wanted to drill the holes. Just got back from a test drive and everything is quiet and feels solid - even just bombing around the industrial park my shop is located in, I can already feel it. Looking forward to the highway drive home haha.

Measurements:

End links (bolt center to center): 14.75" - I might tweak this a little.
I couldn't safely get the rear wheels off the ground to make the axle fully droop, but definitely close. And the bar wasn't even close to touching the lower spring perch or anything it shouldn't touch. I'll get it on a lift in the near future just to be sure.

Ride height before install (stock level 2, without rambar or bed mounted tire carrier, gas tank 3/4 full, spare tire, and tires at 35-36psi). The ground was fairly "level"

FL: 40.0"
FR: 39.8"
RL: 41.15"
RR: 41.0"

After: Honestly, any change was nominal. Maybe 1/8" at the MOST. And even though I did go on a test drive after messing around with the floor jack, any height difference is probably still just the suspension re-settling.
great response/info. Thank you!

Excuse my ignorance for asking this, but I haven't found a full install video for a 22 yet. If one exists and you can post it in this reply that would be fantastic. :)

I really want to install a Hellwig on my truck. For a truck its size, it drives great, but I think I would enjoy less lean/roll around corners. With that being said, I feel I understand how to install it. However, I keep reading/hearing about holes needing to be drilled. I am assuming these are for the brackets that mount the swaybar to the rear axle itself. Is that correct?

Excuse my ignorance for asking this, but I haven't found a full install video for a 22 yet. If one exists and you can post it in this reply that would be fantastic. :)

I really want to install a Hellwig on my truck. For a truck its size, it drives great, but I think I would enjoy less lean/roll around corners. With that being said, I feel I understand how to install it. However, I keep reading/hearing about holes needing to be drilled. I am assuming these are for the brackets that mount the swaybar to the rear axle itself. Is that correct?
1/2 inch spacers between the mounts and axle brackets is a good idea too

What’s reasoning for the spacer?
Giving the bar a little more room to rotate upward when the axle is fully drooped. It's subtle, but given the geometry of everything, it should make somewhat of a difference. Also, I'll get around to removing and coating the aluminum spacers I made. For now, don't judge me (jk lol).

Also, an additional nut on the end link's upper mounting bolt is a good idea too (pictured). I recall seeing someone's install vid talking about how his came loose and fell out, resulting in the end link dragging on the ground. An extra lock-nut up there should guarantee that doesn't happen.

Attachments

• IMG_3889.jpg
    IMG_3889.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_3891.jpg
    IMG_3891.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_3892.jpg
    IMG_3892.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 93
Back