Hello from West Palm Beach, Florida -- Dark Red Final Edition

No need to drop the headliner for the bulletproof diesel third brakelight antenna mount. I just ran a fish over to the c pillar and pulled it through. But go slow and easy as you'll be passing by speakers and stuff.
FP3, you are brilliant. Thanks, man!! I haven't looked into the project much yet (the antenna mount is on order now), and it's nice to know I won't have to start tearing apart my brand new truck... at least not too much. Mounting the radio will require some work. I did that in my previous truck. I cannot stand having loose or visible wires, and doing a nice professional-looking job takes some work. I'm certain the certain console will have to come out, for nothing else, to fish the wires from the radio to the dash. I'm thinking I'll put the radio on the back wall under the passenger seat. Another possibility is inside the console. Nonetheless, I'll have to run wires for the speaker (location yet to be determined), the microphone, and the control head (which I'm pretty sure I'll mount in the center of the dash. Someone makes a cellphone holder for that top center pocket on the dashboard using ball mounts. That's what I've used in the past to hold the radio control head (faceplate, if you will). It's a project, and it'll involved plenty of Tessa tape, sweat, and probably a few cuss words! ;-)

Thanks again, FP3!

TheDude

Reactions: FP3
hahaha. I hear that. I put the icom radio head/speakers in the upper glove box and the main body under the rear seat. Look under the members build section and there should be some pictures in there on my post of how I did mine.

Welcome to the circus brother. I thought @El Jefe picked up another TRX for a min lol

Hey guys,

I went to the dealership a few days ago hoping to buy a "Harvest Sunrise" (burnt orange) colored truck, and instead I came home with a Delmonico Red Pearlcoat (dark red) truck. It's a Final Edition truck, #3907. I freaking love this thing! I love everything about it.

I think you "loud intake" guys are crazy! I'd rather have a loud exhaust. I plan on adding my mobile amateur radio (HAM radio) to the truck soon. I see there is a CHMSL (3rd brake light) NMO antenna mount bracket available, and that is beyond awesome!! Taking down the headliner doesn't exactly excite me, though. Anyway, that's it for now. I love the truck!! She's great.

TheDude
Awesome, I got harvest sunrise (#1438) with delmonico a close 2nd. Here’s to the final edition colors 🍻

I read somewhere there is only going to be 4,000 final editions out there. If that’s true you are right there close to the final final edition…

Back