Got the Video - I swear they started it…….. Thieves getting it… 😏

TXCountryPilot

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2023 TRX Black
Military
USMC
So I’ve already posted the story but short version here.

I have a 23 Black TRX with a bunch of security features but the compustar plus drone saved me on this one.

Was at the rodeo in Houston and a white challenger pulls up to steal (Chug) yes that’s its name. Well once I got a notification I headed outside with the 9 (Grabbed the MP5 but thought twice, there would of been all the bodies) They circled back around to wait for the alarm to go off so they could continue, needless to say they saw me outside to there suprise…… 5am

Chug is on the top right - Enjoy some Texas justice.

Cody

To the admins is was a 9mm airsoft…..😏- I promise.

Attachments

• IMG_3884.jpeg
    IMG_3884.jpeg
    184.9 KB · Views: 361
  • IMG_3885.jpeg
    IMG_3885.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 317
  • Cubbage Back Lot-Camera1-20240224053630-20240224055303.mov
    47.4 MB
Do you know for a fact that the white Challenger set off the alarm and was circling back to steal Chug? Or maybe they were just coming home after a night out and they see someone running at them with a gun and they got the hell outta there?

Do you know for a fact that the white Challenger set off the alarm and was circling back to steal Chug? Or maybe they were just coming home after a night out and they see someone running at them with a gun and they get the hell outta there?
I have the full video of them actually breaking the window and I saw them from my window pull away and circle twice after the alarm going off…..I wouldn’t fire upon a random car. I’m posting for entertainment from these $@@$”holes. Not to be put on jury.

I'm confused. You say you were at the rodeo, but it looks like you're parked on the street next to an apartment complex. Is the apartment complex near the rodeo? Then you said it was 5 am, so I'm thinking you weren't at the rodeo. 😵‍💫

I'm confused. You say you were at the rodeo, but it looks like you're parked on the street next to an apartment complex. Is the apartment complex near the rodeo? Then you said it was 5 am, so I'm thinking you weren't at the rodeo.
I was staying at an Air BNB for the weekend near the rodeo. Well technically Cookoff but yah, 3 days at Cookoff/Rodeo - AirBNB out front parking got full so I parked it within window sight of the AirBNB. And to your second question yes, the airbnb/complex is a 9 min walk to the rodeo/cookoff.

I have the full video of them actually breaking the window and I saw them from my window pull away and circle twice after the alarm going off…..I wouldn’t fire upon a random car. I’m posting for entertainment from these $@@$”holes. Not to be put on jury.
Not trying to put you on jury (or on trial for that matter). Just trying to figure out context. Had you mentioned this bit of information above, I wouldn't have even commented. Apparently, the humor of a mistaken identity situation didn't hit with you.

And if you watch the video closely no firearm is pulled until the end, your from California arnt you? 🤔lmfao
Better sunshine? Lol
You think I have my own CSI video lab or something? Ain't nobody taking the time to analyze that video to the extent to figure out when a weapon is pulled. You could have pulled it when you were up by the truck, holstered it, run after them and then pulled it again.

Not trying to put you on jury (or on trial for that matter). Just trying to figure out context. Had you mentioned this bit of information above, I wouldn't have even commented. Apparently, the humor of a mistaken identity situation didn't hit with you.

You think I have my own CSI video lab or something? Ain't nobody taking the time to analyze that video to the extent to figure out when a weapon is pulled. You could have pulled it when you were up by the truck, holstered it, run after them and then pulled it again.
LMAO. That was a funny response.

Great video!
"I want you to lay down a suppressing fire with the incinerators and fall back by squads to the APC" 1986 Aliens.

Thanks for sharing your story. It helps the community better understand the security situation in different areas of the country. I live in BFE but added Ampire security for trips to "civilization."

Even with all these thefts, still the most stolen trucks are Chevy/GMCs. I was an event last weekend and the police officer told me that the reason is that the engines in the Chevys are easy to mount in older GM trucks south of the border. She said especially the 5.3 V8. In Texas, there are a lot of rural area chop shops unfortunately.

You shouldn't be on jury/treated as a defendant. As far as it being an air-soft ...does the admin really care?

I've posted this comment (below) in many many online forums/Facebook/etc....and no one....no one has offered a solution other than mine below.

The only way...the only way we are going to slow/deter crime in this country is with more severe penalties for the perps once they are caught. Life, and everything we do is based on risk vs reward. Stealing/theft is the same thing. The risk isn't there. So it continues. If we had severe penalties, crime would screech to a near halt for one of two reasons.
1.) Isn't worth the risk of attempting the crime. Penalty is too large.
2.) There becomes no such thing as a "repeat offender" (for heinous crimes that meet certain level of criteria for "proof" before the punishment is delivered). The punishment is either instant death, 15 minutes after court rules you guilty (murder, attempted murder, rape, child molestation, etc). Or, you are imprisoned for ......10 years (ex: stealing $100 to $999) , 25 years (ex: stealing $1000-10,000), 50 years (ex: stealing $10,000+) . Lots of other crimes fit in here, I just mentioned a couple as examples.

Problem is, society is simply "okay" with crime. Here's where many interject and say "Well I'm not okay with crime, but I think those penalties are too harsh". Then we are back to square one, and I'll argue that they don't really want to stop crime, they just want to pretend they want to stop crime. This is where I ask "Then what's your solution to decrease crime without stiffer penalties?" Ask the criminals nicely? Make a rule that bans stealing, rape and murder? (lol, this a knock at the folks that chirp with the "ban guns" banter)

The cool caveat....is that these "harsh" penalties that I'm talking about, don't HAVE TO HAPPEN. Folks are not only given the option, but given the option well in advance if they want to AVOID being punished with those severe penalties. The potential perp is 100% control. All they have to do is not commit those crimes.

There is cash/money/things of value IN police stations, much like there is in businesses. BUT... I've never heard of anyone going into the police station to rob them at gunpoint of whatever valuables they have. Why not? (And this would a great argument as to why we need MORE guns, NOT LESS to deter crime).

The other impossible part to overcome, is "government" doesn't want to reduce crime. Remember, if the penalties were harsh enough, crime would come to a near halt. They need crime. Its job security. If you eliminate/drastically decrease crime, you eliminated hundreds of thousands of jobs.

Sooooo.....we are all forced to sit back and take it.

Last edited:
I’m always thinking what I would actually do in the heat of the moment if my Ring camera alerted me that some punk was investigating my TRX. It’s really easy to say “oh I would do this or that!” But the fact is nobody knows how they would react with absolute certainty.

I’ve got several firearms but also don’t want to deal with being charged for using them if they want a stupid truck.

Now if it’s my life that they are threatening then I will get a gun.

Hopefully I won’t have to deal with this nonsense.

Vote republican for sure.

You shouldn't be on jury/treated as a defendant. As far as it being an airsoft ...does the admin really care?

I've posted this comment (below) in many many online forums/facebook/etc....and no one....no one has offered a solution other than mine below.

The only way...the only way we are going to slow/deter crime in this country is with more severe penalties for the perps once they are caught. Life, and everything we do is based on risk vs reward. Stealing/theft is the same thing. The risk isn't there. So it continues. If we had severe penalites, crime would screech to a near halt for one of two reasons.
1.) Isn't worth the risk of attempting the crime. Penalty is too large.
2.) There becomes no such thing as a "repeat offender" (for heinous crimes that meet certain level of criteria for "proof" before the punishment is delivered). The punishment is either instant death, 15 minutes after court rules you guilty (murder, attempted murder, rape, child molestation, etc). Or, you are imprisoned for ......10 years (ex: stealing $100 to $999) , 25 years (ex: stealing $1000-10,000), 50 years (ex: stealing $10,000+) . Lots of other crimes fit in here, I just mentioned a couple as examples.

Problem is, society is simply "okay" with crime. Here's where many interject and say "Well I'm not okay with crime, but I think those penalties are too harsh". Then we are back to square one, and I'll argue that they don't really want to stop crime, they just want to pretend they want to stop crime. This is where I ask "Then what's your solution to decrease crime without stiffer penalites?" Ask the criminals nicely? Make a rule that bans stealing, rape and murder? (lol, this a knock at the folks that chirp with the "ban guns" banter)

The cool caviat....is that these "harsh" penalites that I'm talking about, don't HAVE TO HAPPEN. Folks are not only given the option, but given the option well in advance if they want to be punished with those severe penalites. The potential perp is 100% control. All they have to do is not commit those crimes.

The other impossible part to overcome, is "goverment" doesn't want to reduce crime. Remember, if the penalties were harsh enough, crime would come to a near halt. They need crime. Its job security. If you eliminate/drastically decrease crime, you elminated hundreds of thousands of jobs.

Sooooo.....we are all forced to sit back and take it.
Interesting post. The government (really alphabet agencies) actually help to create mass shooters to justify the counterterrorism complex and anti-2A agenda. You're very astute.

I’m always thinking what I would actually do in the heat of the moment if my Ring camera alerted me that some punk was investigating my TRX. It’s really easy to say “oh I would do this or that!” But the fact is nobody knows how they would react with absolute certainty.

Local sheriff deputy who lives about 200 yds from me said, "just make sure the entrance wound on their front side, and they are on your property and you're golden"

Local sheriff deputy who lives about 200 yds from me said, "just make sure the entrance wound on their front side, and they are on your property and you're golden"
Yeah but depends on the state/county/city laws and actual cops/prosecutors etc. I do live in a "stand your ground" state, but in a democrat city and county. Don't you have to prove you are "in fear of your life" to use deadly force? Defending property that is in your driveway could be a tough sell I assume. And if the thief has no weapon... another problem.

Even with all these thefts, still the most stolen trucks are Chevy/GMCs. I was an event last weekend and the police officer told me that the reason is that the engines in the Chevys are easy to mount in older GM trucks south of the border. She said especially the 5.3 V8. In Texas, there are a lot of rural area chop shops unfortunately.
100%! Although the GM LS style engines do not command the high HC "secondary market" prices, they are an easy garage swap for nice reliable HP in any older car or truck.

Everyone would react differently and you don't know until you're in it. Adrenaline is no joke and everyone would have their own reaction. For me, I tend to be the jump into action kind of guy. That said, I have young kids and I'd make sure the thieves are aware I'm there and hope that deters them but I'm not engaging directly. No truck is worth my life or the safety of my children.

If my TRX was stolen I'd be really upset but I wouldn't buy another one if it was. If I have to look over my shoulder constantly, it takes away the fun. I'd just end up buying a Raptor R likely.

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back