Garage queen injured. Blew shock

Nogo29

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Current Ride
TRX I can't drive
Military
AF
I have been very busy the last year and my Trx has been parked for the majority of the time. I went out to my shop and there was a big ole pool of fluid under her. The left rear shock blew a seal and leaked everywhere. Took to Ram and they said the shocks are on back order and it could be months to a year. Anyone else have shock issue?

I had to have the front shock replaced on my 21
IMG_9710.jpeg

I have been very busy the last year and my Trx has been parked for the majority of the time. I went out to my shop and there was a big ole pool of fluid under her. The left rear shock blew a seal and leaked everywhere. Took to Ram and they said the shocks are on back order and it could be months to a year. Anyone else have shock issue?
Leaks have happened on many but id go back & tell them its now your daily driver and u need them to put a rush on it. If they think its ur DD, they will rush it much faster

i would use this as an opportunity to upgrade. Get the king shocks.

My right front went out while sitting in the garage

I'd find another dealer, that's a ridiculous amount of time to wait on a replacement. I had a Ford dealer tell me something similar on a driveshaft for my old Raptor. I went to another dealer and they had it there the next week.

Dealerships have to ability to see stock across the country. Dealerships have also started to hold on to their stock for local customers and not selling to other dealers so they are ready to repair vehicles for their own customers. But if you get with your parts guy and get the location of 3 or 4 of those shocks you need and you call them, you can usually find one that will sell to individuals out of their area and possibly ship too. I have been successful several times on this with Redeye and TRX parts i needed or wanted. To add, the dealerships have stopped calling around to try and get other dealerships not in their area to sell them parts but you can do the leg work and maybe even sweet talk a dealer that has said shock to sell the part to your dealership if its something you are looking to get done under warranty and don't want to pay out of pocket. I once drove to middle of nowhere Tennessee to buy a rear seat delete kit for my Redeye. No one was parting with those at one time if you were not local.

That's likely what happened in my case. The original dealer was too lazy to call around but the other one called and found the part for me. If all the dealers around you suck you could also just search on your own and see if you can locate one. I'm guessing this is the front right shock? If so, the part # is 68598820AB and it looks like a dealer in Bartow, Florida has one. The part # for the passenger side appears to be 68598821AC and those seem more readily available.

That's likely what happened in my case. The original dealer was too lazy to call around but the other one called and found the part for me. If all the dealers around you suck you could also just search on your own and see if you can locate one. I'm guessing this is the front right shock? If so, the part # is 68598820AB and it looks like a dealer in Bartow, Florida has one. The part # for the passenger side appears to be 68598821AC and those seem more readily available.
Left rear sir.

Dealerships have to ability to see stock across the country. Dealerships have also started to hold on to their stock for local customers and not selling to other dealers so they are ready to repair vehicles for their own customers. But if you get with your parts guy and get the location of 3 or 4 of those shocks you need and you call them, you can usually find one that will sell to individuals out of their area and possibly ship too. I have been successful several times on this with Redeye and TRX parts i needed or wanted. To add, the dealerships have stopped calling around to try and get other dealerships not in their area to sell them parts but you can do the leg work and maybe even sweet talk a dealer that has said shock to sell the part to your dealership if its something you are looking to get done under warranty and don't want to pay out of pocket. I once drove to middle of nowhere Tennessee to buy a rear seat delete kit for my Redeye. No one was parting with those at one time if you were not local.

The shock is still under warranty I will follow up today thanks.

+1 for kings!
You can also check local craigslist or similar maybe find some stock ones

Attachments

• 20240106_190142.jpg
    20240106_190142.jpg
    421.3 KB · Views: 20
My question is, would this leaking shock fluid end up in the skid plate and leak out of that? Thats where my what i thought was engine oil is leaking from.

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back