TRX Maniac
Founding Member
TRX of the Month 🏆
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Ram TRX
Starting at $109,000…

And by the way, they may delete your heated steering wheel or heated mirrors because of chip shortages.

https://shop.ford.com/configure/f15...CN...SS5.CCAB.99J.77R.]?gnav=header-trucks-bp

BE05A3D0-13C6-4B65-9036-8EFA680CF05D.jpeg
760943FE-ABE4-4857-9D51-549173499D57.jpeg

Truck looks like a plastic Tonka truck from the front. I’m sure the Ford faithful will be lining up for it. No comparison to the TRX. All of a sudden my truck seems like a real bargain!

When it was announced, I reached out to my Ford dealer to see what they were doing and they "weren't sure" how much over MSRP they wanted...........after the price reveal they are more interested in buying my TRX then selling me a Raptor R. Don't want one anyways. Looks cooler but under performs for a much higher price.

All the dealers around here have agreed to hold the 50k mark-up line. Any dealer that doesn't want to sell for over sticker, a bigger dealer is offering 20k over for their allocation. Ford is quite literally allowing their dealerships to form monopolies against the consumers with their broken allocation system.

Truck looks like a plastic Tonka truck from the front. I’m sure the Ford faithful will be lining up for it. No comparison to the TRX. All of a sudden my truck seems like a real bargain!
Seriously… every time someone says this truck (the TRX) is overpriced it makes me cringe… A loaded rebel is pushing $80,000… I am walking away feeling like I’m totally getting my money’s worth.

Seriously… every time someone says this truck (the TRX) is overpriced it makes me cringe… A loaded rebel is pushing $80,000… I am walking away feeling like I’m totally getting my money’s worth.
especially if you ordered from one of the 11% off dealers. I paid $83k before tax for a $97k truck once it was built from chapman lol

I completely agree, especially considering the discounts that are available by ordering!

I feel the same. My 2021 Level II stickered for $85,000 and I paid $79,000. My same truck for 2022 is almost $10,000 more.

So- I could keep my truck or spend another $30,000 plus my truck if I could get the R at sticker. I just don't see the R being $30,000 better than my truck.

I feel the same. My 2021 Level II stickered for $85,000 and I paid $79,000. My same truck for 2022 is almost $10,000 more.

So- I could keep my truck or spend another $30,000 plus my truck if I could get the R at sticker. I just don't see the R being $30,000 better than my truck.
If someone tells me “the Raptor is more nimble off road” one more time I might not be able to unroll my eyes from the back of my head.

Better HP
Better Torque
Better looking exterior
Better looking interior.
Better Sounding
Better feeling

And now we can add significantly less expensive to the mix.

Ford realized they couldn’t get the ball in the end zone on the final drive, and walked into the tunnel without trying.

The Raptor R is no doubt gonna be an incredible truck. It is just the price difference that makes it challenging to say the R is a better option.

Like for like options, the R's base is over 10k more than a TRX. The only advantage would be the 37s on the R. From an offroad capability standpoint, the R should be very slightly better but 10k would cover the cost of King's and would destroy the Raptor then. I know it's not fair to compare stock vs modified but it's also not fair to compare vehicles that are 10k+ difference in price. Either way, the R and TRX are insanely capable trucks and it would be hard to justify buying an R even at MSRP (which is nearly impossible considering ADM) when a patient person can get a loaded TRX around 90-95k through one of the discounting dealers.

The only thing that would motivate me to sell my 22 TRX would be a release of a 37 model TRX with bigger shocks.

If someone tells me “the Raptor is more nimble off road” one more time I might not be able to unroll my eyes from the back of my head.
I KNOW!!! For the past two years on the raptor forum all you hear about is " the MPG is horrible" "you don't need that power to off road" "weight distribution is horrible with a big v8 in front" "raptor is a better off roader" "who cares about 0-60"

Now.... "who care about mpg" its going to beat the trx in 0-60"

I don't hate the Raptor at all, its just the TRX was the better pick In terms of Value, Power, Comfort, and availability.
We rarely take our truck off road and when we do its nothing extreme, so the splitting of hairs between off road performance makes zero difference to us.

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back