Factory shock sensor

Torqued

TRX Junkie
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2016 Ram 1500
Why doesn't a $100,000 vehicle have a shock sensor? Why doesn't a $100,000 vehicle have the option of a shock sensor? I talked to my dealer and was told told that if I tapered with the electrical system of the truck, it would void my electrical system.

Why doesn't a $100,000 vehicle have a shock sensor? Why doesn't a $100,000 vehicle have the option of a shock sensor? I talked to my dealer and was told told that if I tapered with the electrical system of the truck, it would void my electrical system.
I think you need a new dealer. Also check out
Www.Addshocksensor.com

Shock sensor would be great and even better if when the factory alarm is tripped, it deactivated the fuel pump circuit.

anyone else have the addshocksensor.com piece?? Just spoke to the guy in that video, sounds sharp. Concern for me of course is the warranty...

anyone else have the addshocksensor.com piece?? Just spoke to the guy in that video, sounds sharp. Concern for me of course is the warranty...
I think you're good on this man. Same goes for and aftermarket alarm. But that all depends on how much of a fit your dealer wants to throw. I have this shock sensor, but i do not have my TRX yet. But I won't be worried about the warranty since it's only 2 wires that need to be tapped into besides a fuse tap and a ground. There's several people with Raveclo too and to my knowledge that doesn't void any warranties.

There is no difference between tying this into the harness or:

- hard-wiring a RADAR detector
- Installing backup or grill lights
- etc etc etc

Ask your dealer to do it if you have a concern?

Dealer always tries to say any alterations to the vehicle will void the warranty. Their suits that always try to protect their bottom line. First they have to prove whatever aftermarket add-ons caused the issue. I have been modifying trucks since I started driving, I can't keep anything stock. Never had a problem having warranty work done. The guys on the floor are usually also gear heads out of work and will take care of you to get it taken care of under warranty. I have a 2005 1500 with 6" lift and 35's. Had a real bad vibration in the rear and knew I was going to need a one. Service manager was giving me a hard time at 1st after seeing a lifted truck, I said you didn't even look at it yet so you can't tell me what's wrong and if it will be covered under warranty. After I dropped it off, got a call 2 hours later saying my pinion nut had backed of my pinion and was only on torqued to 7 ft lbs. Did the guys on the floor take care of me probably. They were probably not happy to tell me it was covered under warranty. Everything was done right adjusted drive angle for lift and new tires, so in the end most of the time they don't go through hassle of trying to prove the cause. So miner mods done right to your vehicle will not void the warranty. If you use a good aftermarket shop to do any mods, they will always take care of their work before you even have to think about going to dealer. Hopefully this was helpful, sorry long post!!!

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back