Excited about Ram RHO!

Would you be opposed if the TRX hybrid had say 802hp and low 11 second time slips bone stock?
I wouldn't want that so much. Weight, complexity, tuning limitations, and that's well within the bounds of what's possible with the 6.2 TRX motor HP wise. I'd be more interested in a lighter weight TRX, better for all of the dynamics, not just acceleration

1714250247964.png

Debadging this truck is an immediate upgrade
Actually thinking - alike TTV6 Raptor owners adding Alibaba 'R' emblems.... will we see some RHO's sporting faux TRX decals?

The RHO is a great value in the current truck market. Is it a TRX? No. But it is a TRX light and will be more than enough for 90% of buyers. The shocks will finally be matched with the right power level and weight, it'll be plenty fast for offroad users, and will offer a direct Raptor competitor at a lower cost.

Biggest thing for me though is that the entry price is a value in the current market. A Tacoma TRD Pro is $64k. So less than $10k more and you can get a full size, with way more power, and more offroad capability. That's solid.

Tacoma trd pro at 64k is a bananas buy vs the Rho. Even with the fact that it will last another 200k more miles

The RHO is a great value in the current truck market. Is it a TRX? No. But it is a TRX light and will be more than enough for 90% of buyers. The shocks will finally be matched with the right power level and weight, it'll be plenty fast for offroad users, and will offer a direct Raptor competitor at a lower cost.

Biggest thing for me though is that the entry price is a value in the current market. A Tacoma TRD Pro is $64k. So less than $10k more and you can get a full size, with way more power, and more offroad capability. That's solid.
At just over 60k its a killer value.
And a tune should unlock 80-100hp out of the engine putting it pretty close to even with a stock TRX.

Hell, I even priced out a new GMC Elevation and the sticker to that came out of 63k!!! Ram has priced this thing perfectly.

At just over 60k its a killer value.
And a tune should unlock 80-100hp out of the engine putting it pretty close to even with a stock TRX.

Hell, I even priced out a new GMC Elevation and the sticker to that came out of 63k!!! Ram has priced this thing perfectly.

That's some fuzzy math at best. $69,995 is not just over $60k, it's just under $70k. 540+80=620, 540+100=640...not close to even. Voiding your warranty and still 82-62HP short of a TRX. Couple that with the 8HP75 transmission which is rated for a max of 550lb-ft of torque. Tick-tick-tick-boom.

69995 msrp
9000 dealer discount from forum vendors
Possible 1% for affiliate program. TBD
That's pretty low 60s to me.

Advertised weight of TRX 6,396lbs. 702hp would calculate to 12.17ET @111mph

RHO is 150lbs lighter
6,246lbs at 540hp is 13.17 @ 102.5
With a tune giving 100hp, 6,246 with 640hp would be 12.45@109mph

What's fuzzy?

Warranty has an expiration date. And these engines will be every where so parts for repair/maintenance won't be bad.

The import kids have been doing this shit 20+ years now. The I6 is no different except that it's only found 6000lbs trucks and SUVs.

Last edited:
69995 msrp
9000 dealer discount from forum vendors
Possible 1% for affiliate program. TBD
That's pretty low 60s to me.

Advertised weight of TRX 6,396lbs. 702hp would calculate to 12.17ET @111mph

RHO is 150lbs lighter
6,246lbs at 540hp is 13.17 @ 102.5
With a tune giving 100hp, 6,246 with 640hp would be 12.45@109mph

What's fuzzy?

Warranty has an expiration date. And these engines will be every where so parts for repair/maintenance won't be bad.

The import kids have been doing this shit 20+ years now. The I6 is no different except that it's only found 6000lbs trucks and SUVs.

I agree with you, the RHO is priced competitively. You're still going to be in the upper $60's before you walk out the door.

Adding HP to the Hellcat is a know quantity. The durability of the Hurricane HO is still unknown. You still have the transmission to deal with if you add more power/torque.

Nobody knows what this new engine is capable of and if the repairs will be difficult or costly. The majority of owners are not going to piss away a 5 year 60k powertrain warranty for an additional 60-80 HP. Some guys will, but that's a small group.

Last edited:
Not gonna lie, I am kinda jealous of the potential ease and cheapness of horsepower on these (and any other turbo basically). Not sure I believe in this particular product, and I don’t really care anyway, but the claims of +100hp for less than $600 is crazy.

That being said, the RHO still just doesn’t do it for me at all. Nothing about it feels special like the TRX does.

Reactions: Two
I agree with you, the RHO is priced competitively. You're still going to be in the upper $60's before you walk out the door.

Adding HP to the Hellcat is a know quantity. The durability of the Hurricane HO is still unknown. You still have the transmission to deal with if you add more power/torque.

Nobody knows what this new engine is capable of and if the repairs will be difficult or costly. The majority of owners are not going to piss away a 5 year 60k powertrain warranty for an additional 60-80 HP. Some guys will, but that's a small group.
Dodged hinted at a 1000hp crate Hurricane engine.

It's still too new. But so was the Hellcat at one point. Doesn't stop people from pushing the envelope. And now you got a few people running 9s and making silly hp with their TRXs.

As for the transmission, depends on what you want to do. A mild tune and I'd bet it lives. The majority of the time driving is part throttle and cruising. That isn't hard on it. A trans tune will go a long way to help keep it alive as well.

I'm not looking to beat the TRX. Just looking to have similar performance, way better gas mileage, and hopefully not have a target on my back when it comes to thieves.

I loved my TRXs. I think this RHO is a killer package.

Not gonna lie, I am kinda jealous of the potential ease and cheapness of horsepower on these (and any other turbo basically). Not sure I believe in this particular product, and I don’t really care anyway, but the claims of +100hp for less than $600 is crazy.

That being said, the RHO still just doesn’t do it for me at all. Nothing about it feels special like the TRX does.
In saying nothing feels special about it, it’s really no different than the Dodge model. You can buy a 2024 Charger GT with the V6 or buy the charger with the 392 etc. The hellcat has slight difference in hood scoops.

GT
IMG_2942.jpeg

IMG_2944.jpeg

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back