DT997 PACKAGE

I know things will get better when the weather gets better right now it’s in the 60s so that’s part of the problem I was just looking for what other people have found out on the best options for doing it with this platform.

My other car was a Tesla plaid had no issues with traction
And a G80 M3 with about 750 wheel, but neither one of these vehicles had any traction issues they hooked up pretty well.

Also had a trackhawk with about 750 but that had no issue either as the tires were a lot better I guess
Well a refrigerator on wheels…I mean Tesla…is regulated traction control all the time.

Trackhawk is believable… they hook really well especially on performance tires.

I’m surprised the M3 xdrive hooks for you. Buddy has a g80 making about 750 awhp and I beat him because he spun off the line.

All said though, sounds like everything you have had is awd. Jump in a rwd car making 800whp and you will quickly learn how to regulate throttle and really “drive” a car. All the awd stuff with lots of tech nowadays just does the work for you.

Well a refrigerator on wheels…I mean Tesla…is regulated traction control all the time.

Trackhawk is believable… they hook really well especially on performance tires.

I’m surprised the M3 xdrive hooks for you. Buddy has a g80 making about 750 awhp and I beat him because he spun off the line.

All said though, sounds like everything you have had is awd. Jump in a rwd car making 800whp and you will quickly learn how to regulate throttle and really “drive” a car. All the awd stuff with lots of tech nowadays just does the work for you.
I’ve had plenty of rear wheel drive high-power cars, a.k.a. redeye, challenger, pro charged Mustang, but with one of them there were recipes that worked out tire pressures, certain tires that was what I was looking for the information on what works with these vehicles
Of course, you can always do the research yourself, but I thought the forum was for people to help out other people on what works and what doesn’t rather than going through all the research stages myself but thanks for your input.

I’ve had plenty of rear wheel drive high-power cars, a.k.a. redeye, challenger, pro charged Mustang, but with one of them there were recipes that worked out tire pressures, certain tires that was what I was looking for the information on what works with these vehicles
Of course, you can always do the research yourself, but I thought the forum was for people to help out other people on what works and what doesn’t rather than going through all the research stages myself but thanks for your input.
Hm, don’t know what to tell you then. I’m running Dusterhoffs 997 plus some other mods (chiller, porting, TB, etc) and even in 45 deg temps in near see level DA on stock tires with little tread left the traction is no harder to control than previous cars pushing similar power…if anything the weight makes it easier.

Hm, don’t know what to tell you then. I’m running Dusterhoffs 997 plus some other mods (chiller, porting, TB, etc) and even in 45 deg temps in near see level DA on stock tires with little tread left the traction is no harder to control than previous cars pushing similar power…if anything the weight makes it easier.
What ported abounding with and TB? Assume 108? Also what upper are you running with the porter about?

What ported abounding with and TB? Assume 108? Also what upper are you running with the porter about?
Yes, Kong 108 and Kong snout porting. I got lazy and didn’t feel like pulling the bearing plate off. 2.55 upper on stock lower. 17-18 psi at my altitude which was my target.

Yes, Kong 108 and Kong snout porting. I got lazy and didn’t feel like pulling the bearing plate off. 2.55 upper on stock lower. 17-18 psi at my altitude which was my target.
Ah ok, you are just about where i am at sea level with my PSI. Dusterhoff said he saw 17.5 with my setup.

Ah ok, you are just about where i am at sea level with my PSI. Dusterhoff said he saw 17.5 with my setup.
Personally I feel like the motors and blower bearings seem to like under 18 psi based on the other hellcat guys. (On e85 of course). If the truck was a weekend only or track vehicle then I would push it harder but I daily it right now and don’t want to deal with downtime from a failure.

I'm trying to get a shop by me to install this kit, can anyone whos done it sort of guess of how long it should take?
I want to compare to what they say and make a decision

Personally I feel like the motors and blower bearings seem to like under 18 psi based on the other hellcat guys. (On e85 of course). If the truck was a weekend only or track vehicle then I would push it harder but I daily it right now and don’t want to deal with downtime from a failure.
True, that’s is what I am going back and forth on. Push beyond what I have or keep as is.
End of the day truck is fast, has been reliable. Just ticked over 9k miles on it.

On my way to work this morning, 75 deg outside and 36 PSI on the tires. Sitting a red light and open road, decided to just screw around. Put in sport, turned off all traction control and mashed the throttle (no launch control) and smoked all 4 tires through 2nd gear. Truck is also light only about 1/3 of a tank of fuel. Tires just get over powered by the truck.

On my way to work this morning, 75 deg outside and 36 PSI on the tires. Sitting a red light and open road, decided to just screw around. Put in sport, turned off all traction control and mashed the throttle (no launch control) and smoked all 4 tires through 2nd gear. Truck is also light only about 1/3 of a tank of fuel. Tires just get over powered by the truck.
Love to hear this package has reflected expectations. We've had tons of discussions of the actual process but nobody posted any data showing how much faster the trucks have become.

So for some who don't really care for the wrench turning portion of this process and just want to see results, what is the general consensus here?

I installed my kit within a day over the weekend, so any decent shop should be able to do the same I would hope.

I installed my kit within a day over the weekend, so any decent shop should be able to do the same I would hope.
As far as the suspension recalibration, is that an easy process at any dealership meaning was there any back and forth with codes popping afterwards requiring you to return?

As far as the suspension recalibration, is that an easy process at any dealership meaning was there any back and forth with codes popping afterwards requiring you to return?
I tried with alphaobd to do the calibration myself but couldn't get it to work. Had a cv boot leaking so while it was in the dealer for that they said they reset my suspension module and its been message free since then. Even though I told the service guy DO NOT flash my truck for any updates they did anyways and overwrote my tune. I had to send the new file to Curt and have it updated with my parameters.

Love to hear this package has reflected expectations. We've had tons of discussions of the actual process but nobody posted any data showing how much faster the trucks have become.

So for some who don't really care for the wrench turning portion of this process and just want to see results, what is the general consensus here?
Here is Dyno. There were 3 more revisions of the tune after this and could notice a difference in the power from tune on Dyno to final. Would say it is making over 800rwhp now. Getting average 6.5mpg haha.

Attachments

• Dyno.jpg
    Dyno.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 36
Oddly i didn't have to do mine after ECU was unlocked. The shop that did the work for me said they also could not find a reason why sometimes it was needed and other times it was not.

Here is Dyno. There were 3 more revisions of the tune after this and could notice a difference in the power from tune on Dyno to final. Would say it is making over 800rwhp now. Getting average 6.5mpg haha.
Believable. Last pulls I looked at I figure the motor was making about 1050-1100 hp at the crank based on mass flow. That was good air with the chiller on.

Believable. Last pulls I looked at I figure the motor was making about 1050-1100 hp at the crank based on mass flow. That was good air with the chiller on.
Man i wish i could run a chiller, not worth is with humidity down here as a DD. If anything might do 1" spacers.

6.5 combined or city?
Mine is a weekend truck so won't matter but for anyone using it daily I bet it is noticeable

Back