Driveshaft clunk explanation

I just changed out the Drive shaft from nick at 797 , and clunk is no more

I just changed out the Drive shaft from nick at 797 , and clunk is no more
Did you have to send him your existing shaft to have the ends swapped? That’s literally the only thing holding me back.

Did you have to send him your existing shaft to have the ends swapped? That’s literally the only thing holding me back.
No , Just bring your stock shaft and new one to a driveline shop near you and have them swap them the flanges to new one , it was $15 dollars a side

IMG_1831.jpeg
IMG_1834.jpeg
You can also swap the flanges in your driveway. It really isn’t that difficult, I did it with a hammer and socket. Popped the caps (2) off the u-joint. Remove old u-joint from flange, install new joint. Took about 90 mins.

I didn’t have the clunk to begin with but I’ve put about 1500 miles on mine with no issues.

View attachment 127655View attachment 127656You can also swap the flanges in your driveway. It really isn’t that difficult, I did it with a hammer and socket. Popped the caps (2) off the u-joint. Remove old u-joint from flange, install new joint. Took about 90 mins.
Agree it is easy is to do , when i received my DS , one weight literally fell off and one was hanging on by a thread and could twist it off , so had it Rebalanced and had them do the swap on the flanges

So who has had the new shaft installed the longest? How many miles so far without clunk?
I'm at 1000 or so miles and no clunk , more time is needed for sure

Yeah the grease lasts longer than that, glad you guys did it though...kudos. Who has it more than 10K miles with no clunk?

Yeah the grease lasts longer than that, glad you guys did it though...kudos. Who has it more than 10K miles with no clunk?

36K and no clunk except when i rev the engine and start a hard pull but have to abort due to some moron pulling out in front of me

With stock shaft??
yup. my truck has been a tank. It was stolen and abused by criminals then broad sided by hit and run driver in downtown ATL. Had to be fixed up here and there but it's been right as rain

Last edited:
18k miles 22’ no clunk yet. My black 21’ had it at like 5-7k miles. Praying mine is a unicorn too.

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back