Dram of the Day

20240313_193046.jpg
I have been enjoying sampling of American Single Malts lately, with the funky candy corn, Lucky Charm cereal notes! This Balcones Lineage is excellent and very reasonable at 35 bucks or so. Cheers!

Glad you enjoy it too! I didn't make it back to the store last Friday, but ran in Saturday and grabbed a backup bottle.
I grabbed the only one they had! I'm tempted to try the single barrell they had next to it for 150! Quite a step up!

Excellent Barrell Proof rye. Drinks a bit hot, but that would be expected at over 130 proof! Definitely recommend if you come across a bottle. Jack has been releasing some bangers! Cheers all!
20240320_202512.jpg

Didn't scroll thru all 100+ pages but has anyone tried Pappy Van Winkle?

And if so, is it worth the current price tag?

Just got around to watching the Heist on Netflix a few weeks ago aka "Pappygate". It was good.

Just got around to watching the Heist on Netflix a few weeks ago aka "Pappygate". It was good.
No, I have not tried it. But I’ve been to the distillery plenty of times, I’ve begged for some, but they won’t give it up. Only high rollers can get it, I would love to crack a bottle and sit it on my shelf forever, however the closest I came was Van Winkle for 1,400 a bottle. Not worth the price IMO. And I’m a Buffalo Trace junky.

No, I have not tried it. But I’ve been to the distillery plenty of times, I’ve begged for some, but they won’t give it up. Only high rollers can get it, I would love to crack a bottle and sit it on my shelf forever, however the closest I came was Van Winkle for 1,400 a bottle. Not worth the price IMO. And I’m a Buffalo Trace junky.
Yeah my Brother-in-law turn me onto Buffalo Trace and all of their other brands. Visiting their distillery is a goal for us later this year. Figured that much, would be nice if they did a "tasting of it".

All of the PVWs are great whiskey but life-changing no. My suggestion is to find a bottle of 15 at a bar or restaurant and have a pour. 100 or so bucks is much more manageable than shelling out 1400 for a bottle on secondary. The 15 IMO is the best and 23 is the worst. If you are a fan of heavy oak, then 23 might be your jam,

Lets just say a you pay a lot for the fancy label. The 15 year is better than the 20 year. I've never had the 23. That being said, there is a lot out there that is far better, especially for those prices.

I've had the 15 at a local bar. Is it good? Absolutely. Is it necessarily worth the price you'll realistically have to pay? Probably not- but really comes down to if you want it on a shelf- more so just to have the iconic label and good enough juice inside.

I'll have a review on the 23 at some point- I am in the camp of having the iconic label just to have it. I will say, I don't expect it to be life changing or "worth" the price.

Attachments

• IMG_9875.jpeg
    IMG_9875.jpeg
    270.8 KB · Views: 26
Great feedback guys. I appreciate it. Will try the 15 and we'll see about the 23.

I think tasting testing at a bar may be the way to go if i find it locally in Florida. I have to sell quite a bit of parts and wheels to even make sense of buying a bottle but it's a bucket list item and not opposed to having it on the shelf one day.

Curious about the bold & spicy, lmk!

20240414_162222.jpg
Tore the band from this bottle just now. Drinks very nice. A little hotter and sweeter than regular Jack rye. Cinnamon, nutmeg, dried fruits. Tastes like it smells. Not too much oak, just right. Definitely hard to find and only 500ml, but pick it up if you come across it anywhere.....cruise ship, airport, duty free border, etc. Cheers all!

View attachment 127675Tore the band from this bottle just now. Drinks very nice. A little hotter and sweeter than regular Jack rye. Cinnamon, nutmeg, dried fruits. Tastes like it smells. Not too much oak, just right. Definitely hard to find and only 500ml, but pick it up if you come across it anywhere.....cruise ship, airport, duty free border, etc. Cheers all!
That sounds good! Will try to get my hands on one.

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back