Doubt this is true - so posting here

cal45

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Current Ride
2017 Honda Ridgeline/2013 Grand Sport Corvette
Back in 2015 when the Hellcat first came out, there was only ONE dealer in my area that would take orders on and follow through on MSRP only - no ADM. I actually had an order in but grew tired of waiting for an allocation, as it was crazy back then, and bought a ZL1...but always liked the Hellcat from afar.....fast forward to today - daily driver is a 17 Ridgeline, and fun car is a 2013 Grand Sport Corvette - now just started looking into the TRX (in my mind combining fun car and pickup into one).

Went back to that dealer today (changed ownership in January this year) - sales manager tells me that they still follow the 'no ADM' rule but the 2021 TRX will be a one year only production and I only had a short time to submit my order. Politely disagreed with him but it now makes me wonder if I submit an order, will they then try to slap an ADM on it. Greatly disappointed in this as I thought that they were one of the "good guys" from my experience in 2015.

Back in 2015 when the Hellcat first came out, there was only ONE dealer in my area that would take orders on and follow through on MSRP only - no ADM. I actually had an order in but grew tired of waiting for an allocation, as it was crazy back then, and bought a ZL1...but always liked the Hellcat from afar.....fast forward to today - daily driver is a 17 Ridgeline, and fun car is a 2013 Grand Sport Corvette - now just started looking into the TRX (in my mind combining fun car and pickup into one).

Went back to that dealer today (changed ownership in January this year) - sales manager tells me that they still follow the 'no ADM' rule but the 2021 TRX will be a one year only production and I only had a short time to submit my order. Politely disagreed with him but it now makes me wonder if I submit an order, will they then try to slap an ADM on it. Greatly disappointed in this as I thought that they were one of the "good guys" from my experience in 2015.

I mean the 2021 TRX will be a one year only production..... same with the 2022 TRX and 2023 TRX 🤣

They are not one-year only. If you decide to order, whatever deal you get, be sure it's in writing.

Get a “buyers order” listing terms of the deal. I believe it is binding

Maybe your well informed sales person got the Durango Hellcat mixed up with the Trx.... if that is the case I would find another dealer ASAP. Good Luck 🍀

Maybe your well informed sales person got the Durango Hellcat mixed up with the Trx.... if that is the case I would find another dealer ASAP. Good Luck 🍀

Sadly, I may need to - different ownership now and first face to face experience I receive a line of BS....wasn't all a waste as I was able to get to see upclose in person a black launch edition before the new owner picked it up. ;)

Sadly, I may need to - different ownership now and first face to face experience I receive a line of BS....wasn't all a waste as I was able to get to see upclose in person a black launch edition before the new owner picked it up. ;)
Anvil is the color for the Launch Edition, but many of us on the forum think the Black must be, because the are cranking them out much more than the actual Anvil. We were all under the impression that the LE would be built 1st and that just didn’t happen. Cheers

Anvil is the color for the Launch Edition, but many of us on the forum think the Black must be, because the are cranking them out much more than the actual Anvil. We were all under the impression that the LE would be built 1st and that just didn’t happen. Cheers
Did not realize that there is a "Launch Edition" as opposed to having the launch control option - which this black one had. Thanks for the clarification.

They all have the launch control

and I agree if you haven’t seen one up close, your in for a treat cause none of the pictures I’ve seen really show how much flare is on all the fenders, looks more like the flares you would see on a dually front and back

They all have the launch control

and I agree if you haven’t seen one up close, your in for a treat cause none of the pictures I’ve seen really show how much flare is on all the fenders, looks more like the flares you would see on a dually front and back
Agree 100% - I bought a new 2012 1500 Big Horn Crew Cab years ago and the TRX seemed much larger than I remember the '12 Big Horn being - the width is much more obvious in person than in pics.

I wouldn’t be surprised if that sales person is so under-knowledged that they believe it’s a 1 year only. And to think Ram tells everyone to go to their dealer for info.

Back