Does your TRX sound different on different days?

Georgia TRX

TRX Junkie
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2023 TRX
Hey fellas

Some days I notice a very different tone from the exhaust and possibly even the engine. When I rev it and do a hard pull sometimes it will give me a deep tone and sometimes it is a higher tone.

Am I hallucinating? Does anyone else notice this?

What could be causing it (if it is real)?

Is it a cold engine vs. a hot engine? My daughter always acts disappointed when I remote start the engine as we walk up to it, when the engine is hot. She says, "Dad, it doesn't sound as cool as usual."

Is it a cold engine vs. a hot engine? My daughter always acts disappointed when I remote start the engine as we walk up to it, when the engine is hot. She says, "Dad, it doesn't sound as cool as usual."
Not really a cold versus hot issue. Yesterday, even in sport mode or Baja mode, it didn’t sound as good as it sounds right now in auto.

Hey fellas

Some days I notice a very different tone from the exhaust and possibly even the engine. When I rev it and do a hard pull sometimes it will give me a deep tone and sometimes it is a higher tone.

Am I hallucinating? Does anyone else notice this?

What could be causing it (if it is real)?
Never noticed a difference with mine in tone. You are only referring to the exhaust note, correct? Or are you also referring to both engine and exhaust?

Nah, I’ve noticed this before too. Also some days the truck just “feels” different to drive. Like it’s running better than other days. I don’t know…… maybe I’m just nuts. :ROFLMAO:

Nah, I’ve noticed this before too. Also some days the truck just “feels” different to drive. Like it’s running better than other days. I don’t know…… maybe I’m just nuts. :ROFLMAO:
Yeah, today the tone just sound deeper and also smooth as butter and in AUTO.

Ha! My 2yr old daughter always says “daddy truck loud!” Upon a cold remote start with a big smile on her face. Pretty sure I’m raising her right with taste in vehicles and what they ought to sound like.

There are times in sport mode I “feel” like it’s much faster than other days. Maybe I’m losing it too..

When we moved from high to low elevation the cars got noticeably louder. Perhaps your ears are extremely sensitive to changes in humidity/elevation changes 🤣

Orrr your just driving next to a building or tunnel and it’s changing the tone

Back