Dealer Recommendations in SWFL

AXION

TRX Member
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2019 Ram Rebel
Hello everyone, I'm new to the site.

Does anyone have good sales experiences or dealer recommendations for SW FL?

Thanks in advance.

South Florida is tough. I ultimately cancelled two orders.

I also called lots (if not almost all) dealerships in south Florida including south west Florida. I ran into 2 problems. First, significant charging over MSRP. The best I found was $7500 and some in Miami area are 30k over.

Second, that the dealer actually has allocations and that you will get your truck this century. I never got vins or had my name so that I could check with FCA.

knightmare posts dealers selling at MSRP. I called one in Texas on Jan 11, got a VIN Jan 13, went into D1 on Jan. 26, and have a ship date of Feb. 9. My name is also on the order with FCA. This is the opposite of the experience I was getting in Florida.

And transporting a truck from Texas to Florida is no big deal. That’s my experience/advice for what it’s worth.

I am also in Texas and ordered on 8/25 and just went to D1 two days ago... So you might get lucky like @Kaiser who by the way won the f...ing Trx lottery. Haha

Go out of state, Texas has some MSRP dealers. I’m in south FL and have three months of hell getting an actual allocation statewide, a legit allocation.

I ordered from a dealer in Orlando, FL. It was an allocation from 8/31/21. VIN #2883. I got my VIN after pushing for it last week. Ive probably been stuck in D status purgatory for who knows how long.... Everytime I call the dealer I always know more then them and never get anything useful. Im 10k over MSRP at this dealer for this truck with no build date in sight. Im ready to cancel this order. its bullshit. I dont see any updates about a build date in the TRX registry especially now because of the merger. Im getting real sick of waiting for something to happen. Any recommendations for dealers who can actually get this done, IM ALL EARS.

I wish I could. I found a few dealers that has stock coming in the north Florida area. I called a couple just for fun and they are asking $30k adm. I went through the same hell in order without vin for months. Got lucky though a guy I know in the car business got transferred to my area and he hooked me up with one they had ordered back in august

I ordered from a dealer in Orlando, FL. It was an allocation from 8/31/21. VIN #2883. I got my VIN after pushing for it last week. Ive probably been stuck in D status purgatory for who knows how long.... Everytime I call the dealer I always know more then them and never get anything useful. Im 10k over MSRP at this dealer for this truck with no build date in sight. Im ready to cancel this order. its bullshit. I dont see any updates about a build date in the TRX registry especially now because of the merger. Im getting real sick of waiting for something to happen. Any recommendations for dealers who can actually get this done, IM ALL EARS.
Start going down Knightmare’s list and making calls and putting down deposits. It’s usually $1000 and REFUNDABLE. Make it clear it’s refundable. We got jerked around and we are under no obligation to do them favors and show loyalty.
When you hit D1 cancel the other orders.
Make the numbers work in your favor. Don’t catch a falling knife. Move on.
That’s my suggestion.

Start going down Knightmare’s list and making calls and putting down deposits. It’s usually $1000 and REFUNDABLE. Make it clear it’s refundable. We got jerked around and we are under no obligation to do them favors and show loyalty.
When you hit D1 cancel the other orders.
Make the numbers work in your favor. Don’t catch a falling knife. Move on.
That’s my suggestion.
That is great advice Kaiser. Thank you for the feedback, comments, and personal experience. Ugh...Florida....Lol. Theres a reason it has a reputation in the United States. LOL!!! Im going to start doing that ASAP and cancel this order with this dealership. Hopefully I can secure one with all the options I requested and hit the TRX lottery lol

That is great advice Kaiser. Thank you for the feedback, comments, and personal experience. Ugh...Florida....Lol. Theres a reason it has a reputation in the United States. LOL!!! Im going to start doing that ASAP and cancel this order with this dealership. Hopefully I can secure one with all the options I requested and hit the TRX lottery lol
you don’t necessarily have to cancel your order unless you decided you definitely don’t want to pay 10 over MSRP. It still may be the first and you get a call tomorrow. I would just call others and have as many lines in the water as you can.

Sorry to hear about the troubles in Florida. I was able to go to a dealer about 40 minutes from my house (Bill Bryan CDJR, Fruitland Park). Last summer, they put me on their list for their first allocation. They ended up getting one LE allocation the day ordering books opened, and called me immediately to see if I wanted that one. Yes, I did! The only thing on the downside I can say is they have not been good about periodic communication - I have always had to reach out to them during this process. However, when my TRX went to the line this week, I received a text the next morning from the dealer of the current status. So, some progress lately. :)

you don’t necessarily have to cancel your order unless you decided you definitely don’t want to pay 10 over MSRP. It still may be the first and you get a call tomorrow. I would just call others and have as many lines in the water as you can.
Yeah thats solid advice. Im just pissed at my dealership for wanting 10k over MSRP and not working to keep me informed. Ill hold onto that for now and make some calls. I think a major reason why its been stuck is because my TRX is Lv. 2, carbon fiber, and has other options that are showing evidence of shortages. The longer that goes by, the less chance I have at getting the options I want.

Thanks again Kaiser!

Sorry to hear about the troubles in Florida. I was able to go to a dealer about 40 minutes from my house (Bill Bryan CDJR, Fruitland Park). Last summer, they put me on their list for their first allocation. They ended up getting one LE allocation the day ordering books opened, and called me immediately to see if I wanted that one. Yes, I did! The only thing on the downside I can say is they have not been good about periodic communication - I have always had to reach out to them during this process. However, when my TRX went to the line this week, I received a text the next morning from the dealer of the current status. So, some progress lately. :)
Thats awesome! Congratulations! Hopefully you get to drive it off the lot soon!

Kind of off topic but has anyone seen one in real life in Florida? I haven’t.

Yeah thats solid advice. Im just pissed at my dealership for wanting 10k over MSRP and not working to keep me informed. Ill hold onto that for now and make some calls. I think a major reason why its been stuck is because my TRX is Lv. 2, carbon fiber, and has other options that are showing evidence of shortages. The longer that goes by, the less chance I have at getting the options I want.

Thanks again Kaiser!
FYI my order was loaded and had all that as well. I’ve learned with the postings here that there is a lot of luck and randomness so I tried to increase my odds.

And your welcome...Knightmare certainly helped me

Yeah check out the MSRP dealers in my signature. They usually let me know regularly they have allocations and they are all MSRP. Never hurts to call and see if they have an inbound order

Thanks for all the advice , I know SW FL sometimes feels like its the end of the world. LOL.
Any Texas dealers to recommend or stay away from?

Shooter; Have not seen one in the wild down here.

With all the part shortages it might be a '22 model to look forward to. I still have my current ride, but that will have to go back to the dealer by the end of August.

Kaiser,

I think you have a future career in fortune telling. I just got off the phone with my dealer saying my truck just got a build date for the week of 2/15. I give you all the credit :LOL:

Hello everyone, I'm new to the site.

Does anyone have good sales experiences or dealer recommendations for SW FL?

Thanks in advance.
I would suggest you to go to Central or North Florida. South Florida dealers suck!

Back